IGNORED

West Ham Replay: Sold Out 🎟️/Live on BBC 📺

1 hour ago, pj76 said:

If all STs buy tickets there will still be the best part of 9000 left at 10am, so fingers crossed members with fast fingers will be able to buy.

Might want to double check the customer relationships on your account before 10am. I had to adjust daughter's status so I could get hers. Details further up the thread. Good luck! 

Thanks for the heads up mate, have just made them both strong relationships on my settings so SHOULD be straightforward but I'm not going to kid myself that much.

8 hours ago, Slack said:

Share with the group ... 

I know it's £1.50 but a booking fee for a ticket you can't opt out of it ?! 

Howwwww🤣😅

I have no issues paying a booking fee, any profit to the club is good, we want our club to be successful. I have happily paid £40 and think we should have maximised revenue more personally for this game. 

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

And they started selling tickets two hours before the advertised opening time as they could see there were more in the queue than tickets available. 

Yep, they were supposed to go on sale at 10am iirc, got down there at 6am with my mate and the queue was from the Williams ticket office, onto Ashton Road and way back past the Dolman entrance.

They were selling 4 tickets per person so people were buying them, going to the back of the queue and offering them for double face value, that's how we managed to get tickets in the end.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I have no issues paying a booking fee, any profit to the club is good, we want our club to be successful. I have happily paid £40 and think we should have maximised revenue more personally for this game. 

Yin and Yang I guess.

If West Ham had priced the first game at normal prices, we probably wouldn’t have sold 9k, nor West Ham 53k, and don’t forget we get half(ish) of their gate receipts.

And with the replay now on bbc, I doubt we would sell out AG either if we charged normal prices.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It wouldn’t have been fair to me. I wouldn’t have paid £40, that’s extortionate especially when factoring travel costs etc. Not everyone lives locally.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, several factors in play for SCA (Strong Customer Authentication), to things like is your device “trusted” (eg have you successfully used this device in the past), is BCFC someone you’ve successfully bought from before, the amount of the txn, the fraud rates of your card provider, etc, etc.

I worked on this in the past, it was quite interesting stuff, especially working with the Fraud dept and some of the stories they had!

As you know Dave, this is something I know a fair amount about (my old business was one of the first ever to implement 3DS in the UK). I would say there is a good chance there is something wrong with their 3D Secure implementation in the platform our booking fees pay for (!), and your point on it relating to specific SCA trusted device/card combinations has some logic.

• As @italian dave said (and I always experience) this error can be rectified by a MOTO purchase over the phone using the exact same card
  • As @mattjb alluded to, you can try several cards and find a card that works, suggesting it's previously used card x device combinations
  • I used this card to purchase away tickets all the time, but I have a feeling I only get this problem on City's site when using my work laptop
  • I had the exact same error in a prior season, I opened a different browser same machine and it worked (device fingerprint includes browser)

All of which points to 3D Secure failing on a specific prior card x device combination. Also instinctively the timing of the error after 4-5 seconds from payment submissions feels like the result of a convoluted failure of 3D Secure message exchanges too. What I can't understand is why these errors (have existed for at least 2 years) are not being logged and investigated. ☹️

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

As you know Dave, this is something I know a fair amount about (my old business was one of the first ever to implement 3DS in the UK). I would say there is a good chance there is something wrong with their 3D Secure implementation in the platform our booking fees pay for (!), and your point on it relating to specific SCA trusted device/card combinations has some logic.

• As @italian dave said (and I always experience) this error can be rectified by a MOTO purchase over the phone using the exact same card
  • As @mattjb alluded to, you can try several cards and find a card that works, suggesting it's previously used card x device combinations
  • I used this card to purchase away tickets all the time, but I have a feeling I only get this problem on City's site when using my work laptop
  • I had the exact same error in a prior season, I opened a different browser same machine and it worked (device fingerprint includes browser)

All of which points to 3D Secure failing on a specific prior card x device combination. Also instinctively the timing of the error after 4-5 seconds from payment submissions feels like the result of a convoluted failure of 3D Secure message exchanges too. What I can't understand is why these errors (have existed for at least 2 years) are not being logged and investigated. ☹️

👍I never have any issues with any of my cards buying anything online or anywhere else so as you say it’s got to be something in their online payment system . At least now we know we can try a different card, browser or device before resorting to the dreaded phone call!

7 hours ago, YCbrs said:

Hoping any season ticket holders can give an idea of how many tickets will be left at 10am? I'm a member and was hoping they'd have an extra priority window for having attended 3/5 games etc, because I'm sure at £27 for 12 months and the cup ticket price caps there will be a LOT of new members.

Wondering what the odds are of getting 3 seats (got my old man and my mate linked to my account) by eachother are if I'm online and logged in for 9.30, ready for release at 10. İn the case there isn't any 3 together how is 2 looking?

Cheers boys 🤞🏻

Top tip: start refreshing the ticket page about 9:57/58. 

2 minutes ago, mattjb said:

👍I never have any issues with any of my cards buying anything online or anywhere else so as you say it’s got to be something in their online payment system . At least now we know we can try a different card, browser or device before resorting to the dreaded phone call!

Bristol Sport ticket purchase failure this a.m. Nobody at club available, here or elsewhere. Can't buy my reserved seats!

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Bristol Sport ticket purchase failure this a.m. Nobody at club available, here or elsewhere. Can't buy my reserved seats!

Have you tried a card in a partner/ family member’s name ? Worked for me. Also try change of browser or device as suggested above. Hope you get it sorted 

18 minutes ago, Olé said:

Surely failing to get this sorted will be costing them in some lost sales , imagine if you are someone who doesn’t go very often but on a Saturday morning decide to go to game and have payment problems . Rather than wait in a queue on the phone they’d be likely to say **** it I won’t bother 

All sorted 2x members. Paid a booking fee - which as everyone else suggests is almost incomprehensible for a print at home online ticket. Surely more transparent to simply up the price. But hey. Better than expected experience done in seconds.

EDIT: But that was just my experience. And I did get online just before 10.00.

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just logged in as a member. Seat availability constantly changing from none to hundreds. Usual shambles. Something’s up with it.

You’d imagine, at bang on 10am, that’s not unconnected with it being the exact time season ticket holders lose their reserved seats. 

Anyone else getting this ffs, trying to get my seasonticket seats, says same for me plus 2 kids.

The number of tickets owned by ********* exceeds their limitations! Please click "Assign Owners" and assign the ticket(s) to a qualifying owner.
Oops! It looks like you're trying to purchase something that you're not entitled to. Please try purchasing a different price type, or alternatively call us on 01179630600.

Just now, Ashton Yate said:

Ticket availability is all over the shop! Hardly anything available at all! Can't believe that is correct. Must just be everyone logging in at same time, or maybe not released the season tickets yet. Think I might wait 30 mins for it to calm down! 

Items in baskets won't show. Trying to pay another story.

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Anyone else getting this ffs, trying to get my seasonticket seats, says same for me plus 2 kids.

The number of tickets owned by ********* exceeds their limitations! Please click "Assign Owners" and assign the ticket(s) to a qualifying owner.
Oops! It looks like you're trying to purchase something that you're not entitled to. Please try purchasing a different price type, or alternatively call us on 01179630600.

Getting the same !!! What a shambles 

Also the price is full price ? 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter

1 minute ago, Ashton Yate said:

Ticket availability is all over the shop! Hardly anything available at all! Can't believe that is correct. Must just be everyone logging in at same time, or maybe not released the season tickets yet. Think I might wait 30 mins for it to calm down! 

When I logged on at 9:58 there was briefly none, then loads, then hardly any.

Purely based on the maths there has to be loads there, but as usual this club can’t get the basics right and we’re all wasting our time.

46 minutes ago, Olé said:

The other thing I’ve noticed is that when it’s a SCA, 3DS, whatever it’s called issue it’s a transaction failure as opposed to a declined payment. In other words, if you ring your card provider they tell you there’s no problem with your card.

Completely agree about the time taken to get it fixed though. I had the problem when trying to set up a recurring payment mandate with a company in Italy. That, I can see, might be problematic. But they got it fixed fairly quickly - and in the meantime kept me updated. 

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The other thing I’ve noticed is that when it’s a SCA, 3DS, whatever it’s called issue it’s a transaction failure as opposed to a declined payment. In other words, if you ring your card provider they tell you there’s no problem with your card.

Completely agree about the time taken to get it fixed though. I had the problem when trying to set up a recurring payment mandate with a company in Italy. That, I can see, might be problematic. But they got it fixed fairly quickly - and in the meantime kept me updated. 

It’s been like it for years, I used to get the same problems when I had membership instead of a ST and that was at least 2 years ago