IGNORED

West Ham Replay: Sold Out ๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ/Live on BBC ๐Ÿ“บ

13 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

IIRC After the Walsall PO Semi 2nd leg ย , we got back from Walsall and immediately began queueing for tickets, and overnight , ย for the Play Off ย back at Walsall on the Mondayย 

Remember it well, the queue was all they way up Ashton Road towards Duckmoor Road. Also remember the plume of smoke when they blew up the warehouses on Canons Marsh that morning.ย ย 

Edited by Kingswood Robin
  • Like 2

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

Membership has been increasing all the time though, the more members there are, the quicker the tickets will go.ย 
ย 

The bigger point should be, members who have been to 3/4 games this season should have had a higher priority than those who havenโ€™t.ย 

I agree regarding the membership priority but i suppose it has been difficult for the club to administer ticket sales with such a short turnaround. The members sale window was small as it was.

Does anyone know how many memberships have been sold?

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Membership has been increasing all the time though, the more members there are, the quicker the tickets will go.ย 
ย 

The bigger point should be, members who have been to 3/4 games this season should have had a higher priority than those who havenโ€™t.ย 

I know what you mean. The website even announcing the tickets seemed to be encouraging people to sign up for membership so they get a better chance of getting a ticket.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

With the number of season ticket holders and members we have it was never going to.

I only managed to get my away ticket because my mate was on it and got all of ours early doors. ย  Couldnโ€™t believe they sold out so quickly. ย So guess the same applies now just on a bigger scale. Certainly proves the interest is there thatโ€™s for sure which is good to see.ย 

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Tickets in baskets pending transaction do not show. If transactions fail, after 10 mins they reset, also if transaction cancelled. Many payment issues today.

These blocks have been showing as sold out since 10am. Suddenly there are hundreds. That doesnโ€™t explain it.

The pattern today is like nothing we have seen before. Itโ€™s all the shop today and Iโ€™m convinced there is still a lot of availability not showing.

Just bought 4 in S23

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Super said:

there were loads in E33 when i went on just before 10am.

There was VERY briefly for me too - and in many other blocks - then they all disappeared in an instant. It simply doesnโ€™t add up.

12 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

What time did you start checking?ย 

The second the button became available to click.

1 hour ago, Olรฉ said:

As you know Dave, this is something I know a fair amount about (my old business was one of the first ever to implement 3DS in the UK). I would say there is a good chance there is something wrong with their 3D Secure implementation in the platform our booking fees pay for (!), and your point on it relating to specific SCA trusted device/card combinations has some logic.

• As @italian daveย said (and I always experience) this error can be rectified by a MOTO purchase over the phone using the exact same card
  • As @mattjbย alluded to, you can try several cards andย find a card that works, suggesting it's previously usedย card x device combinations
  • I used this card to purchase away tickets all the time, but I have a feeling I only get this problem on City's site when using my work laptop
  • I had theย exact same error in a prior season, I opened a different browser same machine and it worked (device fingerprint includes browser)

All of which points to 3D Secure failing on a specific prior card x device combination. Also instinctively the timing of the error after 4-5 seconds from payment submissions feels like the result of a convoluted failure of 3D Secure message exchanges too. What I can't understand is why these errors (have existed for at least 2 years) are not being logged and investigated.ย โ˜น๏ธ

Yes, I did rememberโ€ฆand you have much more knowledge of the likes of 3DS side than me. ย It was Joe Morrellโ€™s dad that dealt with them, I worked more on the Digital Registration and Login parts of SCA, and less on the payments partโ€ฆalthough did a bit on Fraud Rates / Tolerances. ย Sadly, I really enjoyed that work.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

These blocks have been showing as sold out since 10am. Suddenly there are hundreds. That doesnโ€™t explain it.

The pattern today is like nothing we have seen before. Itโ€™s all the shop today and Iโ€™m convinced there is still a lot of availability not showing.

Just bought 4 in S23

Agree, the system is rubbish, particularly bad today, transactions not working at the checkout. I'm offering part of the explanation. We will never get the truth, of course.

Edited by The Original OTIB

Hundreds of seats available in the central blocks of the South Stand. I thought these were all season ticket holders?

It's a mystery why this stand is half empty for league games even though it's 'sold out' and confirms what I've always thought that it's all a load of bollocks!

4 minutes ago, Redminster said:

214 left according to a quick recount just now. All single seats. Surely we can't have sold the stadium out in just over an hour of members onsale?

Absolutely not.

A few minutes ago, about 300 seats were suddenly made available in the South Stand. Yet this is our most densely populated season ticket stand.

It makes absolutely no sense that we would have sold all the Dolman and Lansdown tickets instantly at 10am, and yet have hundreds available in the South Stand. There is definitely something up.

Edited by ChippenhamRed

3 minutes ago, Redminster said:

214 left according to a quick recount just now. All single seats. Surely we can't have sold the stadium out in just over an hour of members onsale?

That's more than there was 30 mins ago. All very odd

Also while we are on about stadium oddities, the WHU site says their allocation of 3,414 tickets sold out. Why, when there's no segregation to think about aren't we selling all of the 4,000 plus (I've seen the capacity of the stand anything up to 4,200) tickets in the Atyeo for this game?

Edited by Redminster
  • Like 1