IGNORED

Robins Audio Feed. West Ham FA Cup

Norn Iron

I wrote to the streaming site as I wasn't getting any audio feed on my laptop or phone.

They've just written back to say that it must have been an isolated case as nobody else has complained.

Bearing in mind the commentary was on Radio Briz anyway, I'd be grateful if there were other fans trying to listen on the official City stream and can let me know by posting on this thread. Please post as well if you were able to listen on Robins Audio Feed.

I can't believe it is just me as an isolated case, especially as I heard the automatic voice saying 'Framed' but then not getting an audio feed.

On 09/01/2024 at 16:56, Norn Iron said:

I wrote to the streaming site as I wasn't getting any audio feed on my laptop or phone.

They've just written back to say that it must have been an isolated case as nobody else has complained.

Bearing in mind the commentary was on Radio Briz anyway, I'd be grateful if there were other fans trying to listen on the official City stream and can let me know by posting on this thread. Please post as well if you were able to listen on Robins Audio Feed.

I can't believe it is just me as an isolated case, especially as I heard the automatic voice saying 'Framed' but then not getting an audio feed.

Not Just you. The BCFC app didn't even give me the option of the audio feed and so I switched to BBC sounds and listened to the Radio Bristol commentary from there. I may be wrong but this may have been the case in previous seasons for fa cup matches.

Hi,

Thanks everybody for replying. Yes, I knew the FA Cup is available on the BBC Web. However, when you pay the annual sub, you like to use the service 

I wrote to them and after you read their reply, you'll know why I posted! The service has been woeful this season and if enough people post on here, I can then write to Lisa Knights.

Thanks for reaching out,
We're continually fine-tuning our live stream to provide the best experience possible.

Upon reviewing our reports and notes from the operations team, we didn't find any consistent issues during the event. No widespread complaints were reported by other viewers either.

From our end, it seems the problem might be isolated, as technical glitches on our side typically affect all viewers. When an issue affects only one viewer, it usually points to a problem on their end.

For more details on streaming terms and conditions, you can check our website. We're unable to process a refund in this case and we apologise for any inconvenience caused
  • Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 10:56, Norn Iron said:

You weren’t isolated at all. I gave text updates on a what’s app group as I had the game on tv via espn. 

I think the audio has been so crap for so long those who rely on it have given up complaining!

The WHU game will doubtless have multiple dodgy streams but it is being advertised on espn+ in the North American colonies. 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 18:56, Norn Iron said:

This is what I got 'Framed' as well. Its lies about nobody else complaining, as I wrote a very strict email not long after the game had ended, told them this was not the first time a game had been totally overlooked and that there had also been a few times when the feed started late or even after half time and that it's not good enough.  As yet I haven't received a reply, no surprise there! I tried to get commentary on BBC Sounds football, as the official RB listen live said not allowed, but although it showed the game, I couldn't find a link for the RB commentary.  So I just used the stream as posted on the forum, I am getting really annoyed with the lack of care to paying customers, who after all are supporters of the club and should be treated with a bit more respect. Unfortunately that seems to be the case with a lot of things that forum members complain about, surely the clubs supporters officer, or whatever he's called these days, should brings these complaints to the departments responsible.

• Thanks 3

Just now, REDOXO said:

You weren’t isolated at all. I gave text updates on a what’s app group as I had the game on tv via espn. 

I think the audio has been so crap for so long those who rely on it have given up complaining!

The WHU game will doubtless have multiple dodgy streams but it is being advertised on espn+ in the North American colonies. 

Thanks Redoxo.

Hopefully others will say they couldn't get tge feed either.

3 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Thanks Redoxo.

Hopefully others will say they couldn't get tge feed either.

Tallin rely’s on the audio service as above.  

He is at the forefront of the utterly crap service it has become.

Gerry the SLO (who is always great when I have needed him)has put this to the club and I think has put advice in the SLO gorum.

But it seems despite supporters paying the club the responsibility is always passed to the half wits running the stream. Which is a complete cop out by the management of the football club  

Ask 

@leadman and @Southport Red as a couple who I think lost radio - audio. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Tallin rely’s on the audio service as above.  

He is at the forefront of the utterly crap service it has become.

Gerry the SLO (who is always great when I have needed him)has put this to the club and I think has put advice in the SLO gorum.

But it seems despite supporters paying the club the responsibility is always passed to the half wits running the stream. Which is a complete cop out by the management of the football club  

Ask 

@leadman and @Southport Red as a couple who I think lost radio - audio. 

It was TV I lost, not audio. 

• Like 1

“No one else had this issue”. Sounds a bit like horizon at the post office. Hope you get it sorted as must have been frustrating. I have an annual pass for robins tv audio but was at the London Stadium so I didn’t use it last Sunday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1