IGNORED

Ross McCrorie

CityReds

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I like what I see. Any player that likes a tackle is fine by me. West ham won't like it though, pussies! 😉

Lots of injuries for the 'Ammers, with Mavrapanos, Paquetta, Bowen and Antonio missing the replay. Plus Kuddus and Aguerd on ACN duty.

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Lots of injuries for the 'Ammers, with Mavrapanos, Paquetta, Bowen and Antonio missing the replay. Plus Kuddus and Aguerd on ACN duty.

Don’t play again in the meanwhile though, unlike us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t play again in the meanwhile though, unlike us.

Seem a bit rubbish that Prem clubs are moaning about 3rd round replays because it interrupts their mid season break. They've still got 8 days between the two games where as we have to play. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

All down to our 'thugs' and 'dirty tactics' according to their supporters.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Selred said:

Very excited to have Ross back to fitness. Looks a top player, and a massive upgrade on “pass backward” Tanner. 

That’s a very harsh assessment of Tanner and how do we know if McCorie is any better? 
If he like Tanner has few options to pass forward hat then?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

Didn’t realise he was such a unit 

In other posts over his injury period I compared his physicality, aggression and athleticism to Marvin Elliott, although I added he’s a bit more easy on the eye than Marv!!!

Today’s clips showed a bit of all of that.  He looks a bit stockier than I remembered, and I know it’s just 60 seconds, but you can see what the hope is in terms of what he can bring.

No disrespect to Tanner who can dish it too, but there could be opponents not relishing either of our fullbacks both when we defend and when we attack.

I hope we don’t rush him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In other posts over his injury period I compared his physicality, aggression and athleticism to Marvin Elliott, although I added he’s a bit more easy on the eye than Marv!!!

Today’s clips showed a bit of all of that.  He looks a bit stockier than I remembered, and I know it’s just 60 seconds, but you can see what the hope is in terms of what he can bring.

No disrespect to Tanner who can dish it too, but there could be opponents not relishing either of our fullbacks both when we defend and when we attack.

I think there is less worry on this score as his injury wasn't muscular or tendon/cartilage, it's not likely to be a recurring issue.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think there is less worry on this score as his injury wasn't muscular or tendon/cartilage, it's not likely to be a recurring issue.

Agree, just more the fact that he’s had to do pretty much a pre-season on his own.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, just more the fact that he’s had to do pretty much a pre-season on his own.

If what we’ve heard is up to date, that is his second game, after an in-house one last week. A couple more games over the next week-10 days and I’d hope we can start getting some minutes out of him. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I hope he’s not rushed either - but also hope he’s on the bench Saturday 🤷

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, James54De said:

If what we’ve heard is up to date, that is his second game, after an in-house one last week. A couple more games over the next week-10 days and I’d hope we can start getting some minutes out of him. 

I was surprised he played an hour, didn't realise that was his second game. Could be on the bench for Watford then , maybe even WHU just to make up the numbers. 

10 hours ago, frenchred said:

That's just not fair

Tanner is employed as a right back, that's why we bought him and a good young right back at that, maybe he's playing to instructions?

He’s 24. He’s not a kid anymore. 

On the ball he is so slow with decision making and often we lose momentum because of it. He doesn’t make that many runs, doesn’t look at making positive balls forward. 

I liked Tanner when he first arrived, but I watch a lot of him now and often he is sloppy, slow and ineffective. Clearly that’s why we spent so much on Ross, who will hopefully be a stronger player. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Selred said:

He’s 24. He’s not a kid anymore. 

On the ball he is so slow with decision making and often we lose momentum because of it. He doesn’t make that many runs, doesn’t look at making positive balls forward. 

I liked Tanner when he first arrived, but I watch a lot of him now and often he is sloppy, slow and ineffective. Clearly that’s why we spent so much on Ross, who will hopefully be a stronger player. 

Just out of interest did you notice when we played Millwall that his wide player, Andi, was anywhere but wide and every time Tanner received the ball he had no forward option to pass it to (and you would be a complete and utter lunatic to try and carry the ball into three or four players of traffic) whereas on the opposite side Anis was hugging the touchline and that gave Pring at least TWO options (other than reset) every time he received the ball? If you must look for "fault" in that scenario then either Andi took it upon himself to avoid the wide area for reasons known to himself or, far more likely imo, Manning had a valid tactical reason for asking him to play narrow on the day.

Don't get me wrong, Tanner does seem "limited" in terms of going forward with the ball but criticism should be balanced. I must admit if McCrorie doesn't give us something extra given what we spent then that would be disappointing.

• Robin 2