IGNORED

Ross McCrorie

CityReds

4 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Should be obvious but we're not dealing with tactical geniuses on here,what some people are watching,or think they're watching,during a game,is hilarious at times. (Yes,you two idiots behind me in the upper Lansdown,I mean you)

Could have sworn you were referring to the 3 moaning musketeers behind me in the South Stand. Against Millwall we had all the usual groans about backwards passing, and even a claim that Manning makes the players 'run too fast'. The fact that I would guess they've been watching football for decades longer than me, yet still have such a poor grasp of the fundamentals is beyond belief. 

Edited by devoncider
should probably save their blushes in fairness and not state their row and block
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Could have sworn you were referring to the 3 moaning musketeers behind me in the South Stand. Against Millwall we had all the usual groans about backwards passing, and even a claim that Manning makes the players 'run too fast'. The fact that I would guess they've been watching football for decades longer than me, yet still have such a poor grasp of the fundamentals is beyond belief. 

They're all over the stadium, including the bloke behind me in the Dolman - @GrahamC can hear him as well.

"FORWAAARD", "PASS IT", "FORWAAARD", "RUBBISH", "FORWAAARD".

Seemed like every couple of minutes at times - why shout it out at the top of his voice ? 

I did politely(ish) ask him to refrain once and he didn't return for the second half, but I felt a bit guilty and my Mrs gave me one of her hard stares (the one that means "I'm gonna give you some stick later") so I've not said anything since. Double jeopardy.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, CityReds said:

I watched a very interesting video on De Zerbi where Brighton players are encouraged to literally stand still with their foot on the ball until they are pressed and space is made available. What we don’t have at the moment is the speed of passing and advancing once that space has opened up, which of course can only come with time and practise

And new players. 

Not sure many of the current squad are suited to a coach who preaches precise, technical, tactical football. 

I expect our squad to look quite different in 18 months time.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Seemed like every couple of minutes at times - why shout it out at the top of his voice ? 

There’s a guy near me in the Lansdown who yells ‘get in the mixer’ every time  City get into a wide position and on the odd occasion that he’s not at the game everyone around me miss him ‘encouraging’ the team……..….:)

What he doesn’t seem to realise is that City don’t have have a decent CF who’s good in the air………:dunno:

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

They're all over the stadium, including the bloke behind me in the Dolman - @GrahamC can hear him as well.

I did politely(ish) ask him to refrain once and he didn't return for the second half, but I felt a bit guilty and my Mrs gave me one of her hard stares (the one that means "I'm gonna give you some stick later") so I've not said anything since. Double jeopardy.

“Get out” shouted at every bleeding corner we defend, too.

Bet the coaching staff never thought of that, so don’t bother marking your designated man or closing down space, just run out like Forrest Gump & we’ll be contenders for Europe in no time..

Absolute plankton.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I like the cries of "shoooot" every time someone in possession has entered their half. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Sounds like two clowns near me . One in front one behind . One behind is like a parrot . GET IT FORWARD from in front , repeated from behind . When it goes forward to early and we lose the ball , it’s . KEEP THE BALL FFS . 🙄 idiots  . I hope your reading this you two 

8 hours ago, redkev said:

Would love to know more about his injury ( not being critical of any thing or anybody ) just never heard of a bacterial injury before , only bacterial thing I have ever heard of is flu and that bloody Covid shite 

As has been said corona “virus” not “bacteria” .

To be honest there are thousands of bacteria that can cause infection. 

4 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Tbf wherever I’ve heard that the person has always been joking😂 I think it’s a bit tongue in cheek. 

There was a Bristol RFC supporter who used to shout "handball" every time the ball was caught from the first kick off...............

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I like the cries of "shoooot" every time someone in possession has entered their half. :facepalm:

Nearly as bad as when  " get in the hole" is shouted just as a tour pro hits his tee shot on a 600 yard par 5!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

If it’s the guy on my row near top of B block who always shouts ‘LIIIIIIIINO’ at the linesman, then he does valuable work. If you’re on here mate, you shine on fella❤️

20 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

If it’s the guy on my row near top of B block who always shouts ‘LIIIIIIIINO’ at the linesman, then he does valuable work. If you’re on here mate, you shine on fella❤️

Nope.

Old block D, now 31.

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

“Get out” shouted at every bleeding corner we defend, too.

Bet the coaching staff never thought of that, so don’t bother marking your designated man or closing down space, just run out like Forrest Gump & we’ll be contenders for Europe in no time..

Absolute plankton.

To be fair, years of playing as a defender in Sunday League football has led me to involuntarily shout "OUT!" every time a ball is cleared from a corner. Can't help it, just happens! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

To be fair, years of playing as a defender in Sunday League football has led me to involuntarily shout "OUT!" every time a ball is cleared from a corner. Can't help it, just happens! 

Same here.

I shout ‘it’s as good as ours’ when the ball goes out for an opposition throw in anywhere in the attacking third of the pitch.

Alongside the much under-valued art of chipping the keeper when in a one-on-one situation, I’m still mystified why pro footballers don’t close/chase down throw-ins more aggressively in the final attacking third. Basically, it’s a 50/50 chance of winning the ball in a really dangerous/vulnerable area for the opposition. 

I’ll have to contact the FA too get it in one of their coaching manuals.

Edited by RedRock
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Should be obvious but we're not dealing with tactical geniuses on here,what some people are watching,or think they're watching,during a game,is hilarious at times. (Yes,you two idiots behind me in the upper Lansdown,I mean you)

I recently moved seats because of the absolute cry babies that were sat behind me. After 2 years I couldn't stand it no more. 

Grown men howling out instructions to the players at the top of their voices whilst being on the verge of tears just ruined the whole game. 

The genuinely both thought they were the manager and assistant manager. Did all the hand movements above my head too and if the players didn't do as they said then they'd have a huge hissy fit.

They had no filter on them even tho my kids were sat in front of them. They are absolute belters. 

Seems we have quite a few of these whoppers following us. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I recently moved seats because of the absolute cry babies that were sat behind me. After 2 years I couldn't stand it no more. 

Grown men howling out instructions to the players at the top of their voices whilst being on the verge of tears just ruined the whole game. 

The genuinely both thought they were the manager and assistant manager. Did all the hand movements above my head too and if the players didn't do as they said then they'd have a huge hissy fit.

They had no filter on them even tho my kids were sat in front of them. They are absolute belters. 

Seems we have quite a few of these whoppers following us. 

Sorry about that 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry about that 🤣🤣🤣

i was sat in the front of the dolman once last season and was sat next to a woman and her 3 kids, we werent playing very well and at half time i said to the woman, ' sorry if i let anything slip , im trying ever so hard not to swear'

her reply was ' dont worry about that my love,if they dont buck their ideas up, you will hear a lot worse coming from me'  🤣🤣

20 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Is he the one who also does “MOVE”?  What seat is he in?  His shouting drives me almost insane every match, but I’ve never worked out who he is…

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Nope.

Old block D, now 31.

Found the answer now.  Sounds right, about five rows behind me…

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Is he the one who also does “MOVE”?  What seat is he in?  His shouting drives me almost insane every match, but I’ve never worked out who he is…

Are you sure it’s not block 30 but right on the steps next to 31.

i think I know who you mean 😂

21 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yep, "MOVE" is one of his, he's LOUD :yes: