IGNORED

Preston North End away match thread

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

....and the other option was Weimann. You do remember the injury crisis ?

Personally, I'd rather start Weimann than Bell.

This isn't about Pearson though, more that Mehmeti seems to get a disproportionate amount of criticism compared to other poorer performers. Anis has put in some very good performances since Manning has come in.

• Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

We have a goal scorer, the problem is that he is isolated and we don’t create enough chances.

I respectfully disagree.  Conway is too green, and Wells has had only one good career season and is now on the wrong side of the hill

• Like 3

Two poor teams on an awful pitch. The only difference is they have a goalscorer,  3 shots since coming on and 2 goals. We desperately need a proper winger (Mehmeti once again a passenger), an out and out goalscorer and creative midfielder. Without further additions we will probably be bottom half finishers. So lacking in quality 😕 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Wonder if the bright lights of West Ham are at the back of their minds. Very poor second half, could not react to their subs. However bad the first goal was, it’s was still likely to be another ‘nilL’ away from home.

I don't think so. Our performances & results againsts bottom half teams have been awful ever since Manning came in.

• Like 3

Sadly, I thought that this was always likely to happen after last week.

”After the Lord Mayors show….” and all that!

Preston away on a cold Saturday afternoon…..just the sort of game we didn’t need

Its where we are - an inconsistent Championship side with an average squad.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

I respectfully disagree.  Conway is too green, and Wells has had only one good career season and is now on the wrong side of the hill

So do you think if we brought a goal scorer in we would start scoring goals? I would argue that we need to focus on our chance creation more. No point bringing another number 9 in to also have no service.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I would say so, LM didn't react to the changes PNE made at HT, too reluctant to make changes to get back into the game.

I'd say this appears to be a weakness of his. 

It's almost as if he says "well done lads, great 1st half, keep it up, now who watched Eastenders last night?" 

It's almost as if he expects the other team to continue playing the same way and not make changes. He doesn't appear to be able to predict the changes the other team will make. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, mason said:

ok so we will all be back up the ladder of hope for W Ham then back to reality of an exp striker and midfield general still required, but a chairman who thinks tinmans boys will take us to the top six and dont want to spend any money

Coventry were in a different league to us this afternoon, we are a long way from them atm

Spot on