IGNORED

Man C v Newcastle

REDOXO

Just now, bearded_red said:

Reminder- there are some people on this forum that watch City pass it round the back at walking pace and think that it’s ’playing like Pep’.

I know it. Analysis of the paralysis is ongoing on here! Pep would have kicked them all in the nuts! 

I am always amazed at what people interpret from what they see in front of them. 

However great game this one. Three top drawer finishes two of them at pace. If only we had a forward like that!

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We definitely defended like a pep side today,the art of keeping a clean sheet is going from the game

I think you may or may not have clattered the nail on the head.

The game is all about attacking football these days for a number of reasons.

Possession based football is all very well if you have players that don’t give the ball away and are prepared for quick balls over the top, punts for knock downs or through them to running forwards.  

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I think you may or may not have clattered the nail on the head.

The game is all about attacking football these days for a number of reasons.

Possession based football is all very well if you have players that don’t give the ball away and are prepared for quick balls over the top, punts for knock downs or through them to running forwards.  

Give me a Liverpool style of football over a Man City style any day of the week,neither can defend by the way but that’s what the youngsters want nowadays 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Give me a Liverpool style of football over a Man City style any day of the week,neither can defend by the way but that’s what the youngsters want nowadays 

Both teams play to the strengths of the players they have. Of course they bring in certain players that suit the manager but when between them they have 7 of the top ten players in the world they adapt. 

However

It really isnt the youngsters that have little concept of defending it’s the sale of football to a global audience that dictates the finance. Excitement is what <enter a far eastern country or the USA here> want the next Norman Hunter is not appreciated so much. 

Edited by REDOXO

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Both teams play to the strengths of the players they have. Of course they bring in certain players that suit the manager but when between them they have 7 of the top ten players in the world they adapt. 

However

It really isnt the youngsters that have little concept of defending it’s the sale of football to a global audience that dictates the finance. Excitement is what <enter a far eastern country or the USA here> want the next Norman Hunter is not appreciated so much. 

Excitement is goals for the young,they don’t want to see last minute sliding tackles that get you 3 points for a 1-0 win.I get the global audience stats but give me a hunter crunching tackle over a rodri side pass any day of the week 

46 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Reminder- there are some people on this forum that watch City pass it round the back at walking pace and think that it’s ’playing like Pep’.

But it must be great! You only need to look at the possession stats to see just how much we're dominating games!  :laugh:

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Excitement is goals for the young,they don’t want to see last minute sliding tackles that get you 3 points for a 1-0 win.I get the global audience stats but give me a hunter crunching tackle over a rodri side pass any day of the week 

We are the same generation obviously. 

However I don’t think it’s kids (I’m not sure how that is defined l) it’s money

De Bruyne 

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We are the same generation obviously. 

However I don’t think it’s kids (I’m not sure how that is defined l) it’s money

De Bruyne 

Youth not kids although they will be the next generation wanting to see goals goals goals like a basketball game,tbf I’m satisfied if the city get one nowadays 😂