IGNORED

FBC Podcast - PNE [A] the verdict ..... we'll just have to grin & bear it

headhunter

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Cracks me up how aggressive Ian's voice always sounds but now we know what he looks like he just looks like a cute little furby that you could pop in your coat pocket and keep as a pet feeding him fruit shoots through a tiny pipette and giving him the odd unwanted mini cheddar.

I do wish I knew how to use photoshop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/01/2024 at 12:51, Ryan said:

Love the podcast but I am getting frustrated with Ian describing the players as Pearson signings and indicating that Manning having 2 windows will make a difference. Pearson may have had the final say, but we have a Technical Director and recruitment team identifying and signing players. These are probably the best he was offered and we have made so e good signings over the last 2 years - especially compared to the LJ/Ashton days. The fact is these are the best we have and Manning has to get the best out of them - its a cop out to say he needs 2 windows. 

A new manager is appointed to improve results and develop the current crop of players who, according to the board, were in a false position due to Nigel Pearson. No windows were required when Steve Cooper took over at Nottingham Forest.

Mr Gay can say otherwise but that's Ian. If he wants to wait for 3 transfer windows to see improvement, that's his call...😂

So far, our results have not improved. Manning is currently sitting on 1.25PPG 

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 1

The conversation around Tommy Conway was absolutely bonkers.

He hasn’t done enough for a new deal.

If he starts scoring a few more then we should offer him a deal.

City would be lucky to get 1-3m for him with how he’s playing.

The pod desperately needs a new guest with a different viewpoint to challenge opinions. 

• Like 3

On 14/01/2024 at 18:06, OddBallJim said:

Mark - I normally agree with most of your views on FBC pod. But I cannot agree with this. 

If Max is to come off his line he needs to do it in a much more measured way for me. Yes, Keane has space to run into but Max doesn’t necessarily need to charge out like that. He can advance towards Keane, but stay up and force Keane to either take the ball round him or attempt a shot from distance, possibly a lob. Dickie then should attempt to cover the line in behind Max. If Keane executes this and scores, then no complaints from me - that’s a well taken goal.

Alternatively, looking closely at Max’s starting position (which looks to be ahead of the penalty spot) you could argue that if he has made the call that he’s coming to clear it then he really should be getting there. He looks (to me) to hesitate at the moment where contact with Keane may occur. I do accept that there is a risk of conceding a free kick and possible red card but I honestly think if he had made the decision to come for it then he should be winning that ball. 

I won't comment on Max. With regards to Mark Tovey, he's always a good listen as is the podcast as a whole. I am a strong 'off air' text contributer and have alot of time for Dave P.

One thing that I did pick up on though and I would probably have to listen to this particular podcast again to be sure (as I was listening live), the panel start off saying how strong our bench was against Preston and later say that we don't have enough quality on the bench to change things. Slightly confusing and a contradiction 😂

14 hours ago, Tomo said:

I won't comment on Max. With regards to Mark Tovey, he's always a good listen as is the podcast as a whole. I am a strong 'off air' text contributer and have alot of time for Dave P.

One thing that I did pick up on though and I would probably have to listen to this particular podcast again to be sure (as I was listening live), the panel start off saying how strong our bench was against Preston and later say that we don't have enough quality on the bench to change things. Slightly confusing and a contradiction 😂

Hi, I'm Mark Tovey , and I fully endorse the first paragraph.!

• Robin 1