Tgh, knight and twine together?

Simon bristol

17 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Would he consider 3421 ?

Vyner Dickie (Atkinson)

McCrorie Williams Knight Pring

TGH Twine behind Conway?

Accept im missing out good players so be gentle 😁

FWIW, disregarding my loathing of formations (🤣🤣🤣), a back three based system with the wingbacks you suggest means “5 forwards” left and we have lots of players vying for those.  I know it’s not a valid reason, but a back four system means we have “6 forwards”.  So although I actually like your team, which on any given day might be world-beating, it’s maybe not utilising the resources we have and what we appear to be recruiting towards.

I’m still a believer in getting as many of your best players on the pitch in a sensible way.  Imho there ain’t nothing wrong with what you’ve put down.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Would he consider 3421 ?

Vyner Dickie (Atkinson)

TGH Twine behind Conway?

What it does show is options - as you say you’re missing out players, most notably Sykes who has arguably been our best player since the start of 2023.

As we know, Twine played his best football as a 10 behind the front man at MK. LMs press conferences have indicated he’s also sticking to 1 up top.

I think playing a “2” behind Conway is likely to stifle Twine as it naturally takes him less central. So I’d view him in this setup as akin to a central striker who drops deep (tbf Knight gets up with TC a lot currently). 

I’d go with a lot of your side but in the absence of RA being fit (will be a while), I’d see a setup of 4-4-1-1 being more likely with Sykes and Knight unofficially wide men but operating with a degree of fluidity and pulling central where needed

So something like

MOL

RM - ZV - RD - CP

JK - TGH - JW - MS

ST

TC

Cant stress enough I’d see there being a lot of fluidity in the midfield and fullbacks (bar JW) in that setup

• Like 1

@Davefevs and @Silvio Dante you know better than me and of course on recent form Sykes is in there.

I just thought the OP raised a good point as all 3 are new "signings" for this season albeit Manning has inherited Knight though seems happy with him.

Nice problem for a manager when most players are available and must help game management.

Edited by Natchfever

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Would he consider 3421 ?

Vyner Dickie (Atkinson)

TGH Twine behind Conway?

Not miles away but need to get Sykes in.

Been are best player and best attacking player and we need goals

I think he will rotate TGH,  Knight and Twine during the 90 mins.

Also might see Roberts a bit more 

50 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Not miles away but need to get Sykes in.

Been are best player and best attacking player and we need goals

I think he will rotate TGH,  Knight and Twine during the 90 mins.

Also might see Roberts a bit more 

Agreed on Sykes not sure about Roberts but push came to shove I think he could play all 3 players in response to the OP.