IGNORED

Tonight's tickets?

Slack

11 minutes ago, Slack said:

Hey I don't usually make threads but what the hell happened tonight with tickets? There was so many people in s23/24 sneaking in on the stairs and overcrowding

Anyone know?

Not sure but I know I got clicked in instead of scanning my ticket. Not sure if there was a problem but queues outside Lansdown and south stand total mess if you ask me.

13 minutes ago, Slack said:

Hey I don't usually make threads but what the hell happened tonight with tickets? There was so many people in s23/24 sneaking in on the stairs and overcrowding

Anyone know?

Yes stewards not doing their jobs properly, it happens every big game.

There was a medical emergency too and it’s lucky it wasn’t something serious, the club should be ashamed of themselves, no doubt they will be enforcing hard on fans in that area at Watford due to their own failings. 

It’s obvious the clubs stewards have no idea how to run crowd safety properly. 

For a game that was supposedly a "sell out" a week ago before even hitting general sale i found it odd that so many tickets were popping up on the City website as available in the last few days, literally 100s, there were still tickets available up to 10 minutes before KO

12 minutes ago, Street red said:

Not sure but I know I got clicked in instead of scanning my ticket. Not sure if there was a problem but queues outside Lansdown and south stand total mess if you ask me.

Yep absolute shambles. Missed the 1st ten minutes cos of the queues. Was queuing up from 19:25. 

It was only 5 mins after kick off did they announce that there were no queues at the South stand turnstiles. 

Not sure why they failed to just let people show their tickets and click them in. There was a lot of very angry people. 

32 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

For a game that was supposedly a "sell out" a week ago before even hitting general sale i found it odd that so many tickets were popping up on the City website as available in the last few days, literally 100s, there were still tickets available up to 10 minutes before KO

Some who couldn't attend sold their tickets back to the club.

S18 is the Heineken Lounge seating so if that wasn't sold out, that would come up late as well.

Attendance was 25,616 so not a total sell out.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Some who couldn't attend sold their tickets back to the club.

S18 is the Heineken Lounge seating so if that wasn't sold out, that would come up late as well.

Attendance was 25,616 so not a total sell out.

I can't imagine many bought their tickets and then decided they "couldn't attend" 

Most of the available seats were splashed all over the Lansdown and Dolman, literally 100s popping up over the last few days, they put the  capacity in the Atyeo down by a 1000 as well which was the main reason for not being a "sell out"

1 hour ago, Street red said:

The queue to get in the Lansdown was moving like treacle - probably due to technical gremlins on the electronic tickets, which has been going on for ages - when for whatever reason someone opened the fire doors from the inside and all ******* hell broke loose with a stampede trying to get in, lord knows how many made it before security and plod intervened.

48 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

The queue to get in the Lansdown was moving like treacle - probably due to technical gremlins on the electronic tickets, which has been going on for ages - when for whatever reason someone opened the fire doors from the inside and all ******* hell broke loose with a stampede trying to get in, lord knows how many made it before security and plod intervened.

It got quite nasty. It was a shambles. 

If you think most people have got use to tapping there card or phone but everything last night was a ticket (either printed or on phone).

Anicdotally there seemed to be people that had booked for there friends/family but hadn't printed so were trying to use there phone to scan each person in so everyone was waiting while they tried to load the tickets from there email in a crowded area where the cell towers are overloaded with other people trying to go through there emails to find there tickets. People just expect to be able to download wherever and whenever they want. The tickets do say to print them.

S23/24 was a mare, I was stood on the steps and moved to a different section when the paramedics needed to get in. 2 things - the club had sold tickets to anyone that wanted to go in there so the family beside me were usually in the Williams but wanted the 10 pound tickets so booked to go in there - I assume taking a spot from someone who would usually go in there that had to get a ticket for elsewhere but that's how people in there enjoy there football so just went in there. I was watching the stewards at half time and they were stopping everyone and checking tickets until one of them walked off just as west ham came out and then the other one just gave up and then it appeared that everyone that had been turned away just walked up at that point.

Forgot to bring my printed tickets. Not a problem i thought, they are on my phone. 

Until i got to a packed turnstile and the internet signal is slow because of so many people.

I had to load 4 separate tickets 🤦🏽‍♂️

Took a while 

• Haha 1

People go into singing section with their tickets, then 1 person goes back out to the bar with all the tickets. Give said tickets to all their mates who should be sitting elsewhere and this just gets repeated over and over. Not much the stewards can do unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 stewards bottom of S25 steps weren’t checking anyone’s ticket they weren’t interested. Then you had 1 poor guy trying to stop people sitting/standing in the wrong seats but he had no chance. The stewarding team IMO were way out of their depth, see more stewards in our area on a league game. Very poor last night 

37 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Forgot to bring my printed tickets. Not a problem i thought, they are on my phone. 

Until i got to a packed turnstile and the internet signal is slow because of so many people.

I had to load 4 separate tickets 🤦🏽‍♂️

Took a while 

I normally save a screenshot to photos just in case.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Anicdotally there seemed to be people that had booked for there friends/family but hadn't printed so were trying to use there phone to scan each person in so everyone was waiting while they tried to load the tickets from there email in a crowded area where the cell towers are overloaded with other people trying to go through there emails to find there tickets. People just expect to be able to download wherever and whenever they want. The tickets do say to print them.

Here's a novel concept - the club can print them their-selves and avoid this bollix in future.

Not every invention causes actual progress.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

2 stewards bottom of S25 steps weren’t checking anyone’s ticket they weren’t interested. Then you had 1 poor guy trying to stop people sitting/standing in the wrong seats but he had no chance. The stewarding team IMO were way out of their depth, see more stewards in our area on a league game. Very poor last night 

It would help if people didn’t deliberately choose to sit in the wrong seats. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Here's a novel concept - the club can print them their-selves and avoid this bollix in future.

Not every invention causes actual progress.

It'll be down to the short timeframe for selling. They'd either have been at the mercy of the postal system in its' current state or those queues to get in last night would have been queues to collect instead.

• Like 1

The debate on the logistics of it have been done to death on here but the 'singing section' needs to be expanded IMO.

The demand is there even for league games when we have the usual 21/22 k attendances but its even more clear on nights like last night that expanding it would be the right move. 

Not sure how it would work with existing season ticket holders but something is going to have to give. Expanding it all the way along the back of the SS seems logical to begin with.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

If you think most people have got use to tapping there card or phone but everything last night was a ticket (either printed or on phone).

The tickets are a mess currently and give mixed messages::

At the top it says 'The barcode only allows one entry per ticket' but actually you scan the QR code to get in, not the bar code.

Re: printing it actually says 'If you can, please print your ticket in A4 size or alternatively scan via your smart phone' so people have every right to scan tickets, and I would argue a lot of people don't have printers now, a lot of workplaces don't have them these days. 

It's well within the clubs remit to make the tickets better.

• Like 1