IGNORED

Who Got Free Beer At Half Time?

Silvio Dante

Unexpected bonus of the night when heading down saw the queues by E30 were bigger than normal. Thought it was day trippers taking their time then an announcement was made that they were having technical problems.

Expected to have to walk off with no drink when people started coming back with full carriers of pints. The kiosk were trying to see if cards would work, but if they didn’t (and they didn’t for anyone) letting you have the pints for free.

On an even more bizarre basis, they kept pouring and didn’t limit it to the pre poured or perishable stock - people were getting chocolate etc for nowt.

Was it just that one kiosk or did anyone else get lucky?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bow Legged Chicken said:

Why did nobody hold their hands up and say “ok we’re taking cash if you’ve got it. There’s the honesty bucket…”

To be fair I tried to pay and then when it failed and I offered again I got told to take it for nowt! There were people walking up and going “is it free mate” before ordering as much as they could carry which was slightly taking the piss!

Delays getting into the ground meaning some missed the goal, and 11k in lost revenue…

Remember the furore over the move to digital tickets and cashless, and all the naysayers that suggested this could happen were called dinosaurs and hysterical 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

35 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Delays getting into the ground meaning some missed the goal, and 11k in lost revenue…

Remember the furore over the move to digital tickets and cashless, and all the naysayers that suggested this could happen were called dinosaurs and hysterical 😃

Yeah but how much have they saved over the years by not having to employ someone to do all the cash banking, including counting it and depositing it at a bank….if you can still find one?

• Like 5

Free Haribo’s at half time in the family stand. 
Card reader was off. Chap turned the till on and off again. Still not working. Server looked baffled.
I said “sorry pal, aint got time for this, there’s a game to get back to. I’ll pay you next week” 

• Admin
11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I did 🥳 made up from missing the 1st 10 mins due to the absolute shambles. 

The bar outside the ground after the game told me they lost 11k in revenue at half time. 

That's over 2200 pints, surprised they had that information so openly and so quickly

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

There were people walking up and going “is it free mate” before ordering as much as they could carry which was slightly taking the piss!

Literally taking the piss, given the taste of some of the beverages on offer.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

That's over 2200 pints, surprised they had that information so openly and so quickly

I’m guessing it was, if the information was given, a broad estimate based on normal HT sales levels as opposed to actuals. As noted though people were taking the piss a bit so actual “lost sales” may be more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Free Haribo’s at half time in the family stand. 
Card reader was off. Chap turned the till on and off again. Still not working. Server looked baffled.
I said “sorry pal, aint got time for this, there’s a bloke down there with Sausage Rolls.” 

Amended that for you.

• Haha 1

If a small bar outside the ground lost £11k at half time then I wonder what the total losses were for the club altogether. 

And more importantly, how does this impact the finances for a potential Scott Twine permanent transfer ………… 😱

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Harry said:

If a small bar outside the ground lost £11k at half time then I wonder what the total losses were for the club altogether. 

I thought the figure was reference to losses inside the ground?

There's no way an outside bar would take that money in 15 minutes. I don't expect they take that in an evening

Just now, phantom said:

I thought the figure was reference to losses inside the ground?

There's no way an outside bar would take that money in 15 minutes. I don't expect they take that in an evening

So you’re saying the Twine deal could still be on then??….. 😉😄