IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

I would just like to actually see some chances actually created in a home game, and see a home win that doesn’t need a penalty. That’s just facts to me, don’t think that’s being too overly negative.  

As I’ve said before, is just yet another season where it feels like “just get to the summer and go again”. 

What is telling Pete is that under Nige, every single game, if we played well or badly, you'd come out with the same old stuff about how silly fans will blame Nige when it's not his fault. Since Manning took over, you've suddenly got shit in your eyes and only post negative comments.

With respect 😘:city:

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1
3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I would just like to actually see some chances actually created in a home game, and see a home win that doesn’t need a penalty. That’s just facts to me, don’t think that’s being too overly negative.  

As I’ve said before, is just yet another season where it feels like “just get to the summer and go again”. 

Hamer made at least 2 very good saves for headers that on another day would have gone in. Not the most scintillating game, but we did have our chances.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Think that's slightly generous.

Set piece delivery was very good, but in open play very little came off for him (with the obvious exception of the tap in). Also thought his pressing lacked a bit of intensity compared to our other midfielders and forwards.

Hopefully it's just a case of him taking a couple of weeks to assimilate.

That's how he plays.

11 minutes ago, Jose said:

It’s dull. Bar the goal we’ve only looked like scoring by a set piece . It’s a snooze fest. Points wise we are going nowhere at the moment.

I'm actually going against the grain here and agreeing.

For our supposed shots - Watford were poor, but for the majority we were too slow in possession.

2nd half much better than 1st. But still poor in transition and across the midfield.

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I'm actually going against the grain here and agreeing.

For our supposed shots - Watford were poor, but for the majority we were too slow in possession.

2nd half much better than 1st. But still poor in transition and across the midfield.😁

They're not 'supposed' if they actually happened in real life 😁

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It was a good performance,a draw fair result,2 mid table teams although if I was Watford fans I would be slightly worried about the direction of their club 

Watford haven't lost since we beat them, but given their fans probably expect them to be pushing for the title at this level, they'll be pretty despondent dropping points against us and Plymouth recently.

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've been one of the harshest critics of Manning ball but I have to say I enjoyed today. 

Looked better second half with Wells. 

I am really not convinced at all by this appointment. Will just sign central midfielder after central midfielder, no width, no pace and power which is what gets you off your seat in football, no plan B….sorry it is boring football! Nigel did not need to be replaced for this! Not going to sell tickets. 

2 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Think McCrorie will be decent in time but I think it’s asking a bit much to play him out of position when he’s only just come back from injury and not fully fit yet

Hard working but lacks finesse, tech ability and crossing was woeful. Disappointed with him today. 

• Like 1

Disappointing performance today.  We were better second half, but created little from open play…but a threat from Twine’s set-pieces.

Kone (especially) and Dele-Bashiru gave James and Williams a tough afternoon….our spacing back to front often stretched.  Some crucial challenges by our defenders on their counter saved us a bit too.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've been one of the harshest critics of Manning ball but I have to say I enjoyed today. 

Looked better second half with Wells. 

Wells is our best striker. I’m still not convinced by Conway and wouldn’t be worried if we cashed in. We need a better number 9 overall who can stretch a defence.  

Just now, Davefevs said:

Disappointing performance today.  We were better second half, but created little from open play…but a threat from Twine’s set-pieces.

Kone (especially) and Dele-Bashiru gave James and Williams a tough afternoon….our spacing back to front often stretched.  Some crucial challenges by our defenders on their counter saved us a bit too.

Watford have what we lack, edge of your seat players. They stretched us, we have nobody to stretch. He has no plan B Manning. 

1 minute ago, Jose said:

16 points in 13 games. Well done JL and BT. 👏 

Abysmal. We were lucky for the red card v West Ham as we were average against them too. Best game we’ve played under him (in fact only game where I’ve been impressed overall) was Watford away, plus the 2nd half at Watford. We played much better under Nige and had he not had injuries he would have had us higher I am sure. I don’t think the players are inspired. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

I understood people being unhappy with the Preston game. That was dire. 

But being a misery guts about us earning a good point at home to a tough team, off the back of knocking West Ham out of the cup... it's absolutely nuts.

• Like 10
  • Hmmm 2
Just now, Davefevs said:

I didn’t like the set up today (not talking about the formation), but a home league game and we’re essentially starting with 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders so not surprising to me that we struggle to create from open play. 

We’ve struggled for goals all season but for me, Manning has to get more players on the pitch who are comfortable getting ahead of the ball and being an option - especially if he wants to get the best out of Twine. 

• Like 1

Solid point in our quest for 12th...

From being 7th / 8th around the New Year and really looking upwards this run of results coupled with other teams like Coventry always winning has really cost us a play off push. We are about as far off now as we were at points in late winter last season 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I am really not convinced at all by this appointment. Will just sign central midfielder after central midfielder, no width, no pace and power which is what gets you off your seat in football, no plan B….sorry it is boring football! Nigel did not need to be replaced for this! Not going to sell tickets. 

Hard working but lacks finesse, tech ability and crossing was woeful. Disappointed with him today. 

On Tuesday, JP said that Tins told him that LM had to play a specific way, set out by him/club. How can LM respond if that is the case?

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I understood people being unhappy with the Preston game. That was dire. 

But being a misery guts about us earning a good point at home to a tough team, off the back of knocking West Ham out of the cup... it's absolutely nuts.

A tough team? Every game in this league is tough? Ok let’s wait for an easier game? I know how about Millwall at home?