IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

“ He’s been a breath of fresh air since he came in”.  Direct quote from Rob Atkinson on RTV today when asked about the arrival of Manning, which I found quite interesting.  Not sure he meant as a criticism of Nige and his team, but that’s how it came across.

I’m sure he has been a breath of fresh air.  He’s gonna coach differently to the previous set up.  It’s the insinuation of “no coaching” that I don’t buy.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m sure he has been a breath of fresh air.  He’s gonna coach differently to the previous set up.  It’s the insinuation of “no coaching” that I don’t buy.

I don't think anything counts on robins TV.

What's he going to say?

Bif of a damp squid to be honest,  expected better, bang average??

You don't realize how much neutral commentators or JP matter until your subjected to robins TV week in week out, and how amazing everything is all day everyday under every manager for 4 years

Edited by The turtle
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Semenyo v Birmingham last season. 

By consistently I meant multiple games. It hasn't happened at this level since LJ's good streaks, which would then turn into bad streaks, but really we havent seen consistently exciting football since Cotts. It certainly didn't happen under Nige, and I don't know why you think it is achievable this season (without being exposed at the other end).

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Malago said:

“ He’s been a breath of fresh air since he came in”.  Direct quote from Rob Atkinson on RTV today when asked about the arrival of Manning, which I found quite interesting.  Not sure he meant as a criticism of Nige and his team, but that’s how it came across.

He pretty much said that Manning is a good human too 😁

11 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

We are a team in transition it will take time but I do feel we are being coached for the first time in a very long time, and these effects need to time to have an impact and embed. NP wasn’t a coach and Holden and lj were well out of their depth, I can see what manning is trying to do even if we aren’t seeing it at its best yet. 

Can’t agree at all. A completely Un-coached team free styling it at Championship level would get ******* battered most weeks. You might not like what the previous regime were doing but to insinuate there was no coaching is both plain disrespectful and wrong.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 6
10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest what do you think Fleming and Euell were doing?

I honestly don’t buy “we are now being coached” stuff.

Coached to play a bit differently?  Yes.  But that’s very different isn’t it?

I don’t think Manning is a leader, a good coach if a good coach but difference to getting results from that coaching. He’s a number two IMO, as uninspiring as SOD! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest what do you think Fleming and Euell were doing?

I honestly don’t buy “we are now being coached” stuff.

Coached to play a bit differently?  Yes.  But that’s very different isn’t it?

They were coaching, obviously we WERE being coached im Not saying they came into training did some gym work and sat around having a chat. What I meant was it seemed more old school - work hard hit the channels run around a lot which isn’t the case mow. 

9 hours ago, The turtle said:

I don't think anything counts on robins TV.

What's he going to say?

Bif of a damp squid to be honest,  expected better, bang average??

You don't realize how much neutral commentators or JP matter until your subjected to robins TV week in week out, and how amazing everything is all day everyday under every manager for 4 years

Sorry, I know I’m being an arch pedant here, but I always smile when people say damp Squid 😀

Edited by Southport Red
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Malago said:

That’s all good from the players point of view. When we start delivering better than a mediocre 16 points in a 13 game period (with four very tough games on the horizon) hopefully the fans will agree.

If he doesn’t win the next league game his record is actually WORSE than the previous manager over an identical number of games this season with more players available, that is an uncomfortable fact.

Plenty of work to be done yet before we can celebrate the Messiah’s arrival…………..I have no problem with Liam btw, more the Bristol Sport publicity machine.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

They were coaching, obviously we WERE being coached im Not saying they came into training did some gym work and sat around having a chat. What I meant was it seemed more old school - work hard hit the channels run around a lot which isn’t the case mow. 

Now it's just saunter around a bit pass the ball aimlessly between the defenders and when everyone's bored lump it long into a corner or in Zak's case out of play.

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I don’t think Manning is a leader, a good coach if a good coach but difference to getting results from that coaching. He’s a number two IMO, as uninspiring as SOD! 

I think you need only see some of the coach and player interaction to know that last sentence is bull. There are more facets to being a good leader than 'being that guy that you'd want next to you in the trenchs' that nige undoubtedly was.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

I think it’s clear, even from edited Robins Uncut videos, training did not consist of what you suggest.

• Like 1

Just looking at some stats on Wyscout.

Yesterday we managed 2.79 passes per possession, our lowest under Manning (by some distance), and the second worst of the season (Coventry home was the worst).

Watford contributed to that for sure, but we seemed to force a lot of passes where the options weren’t really on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just looking at some stats on Wyscout.

Yesterday we managed 2.79 passes per possession, our lowest under Manning (by some distance), and the second worst of the season (Coventry home was the worst).

Watford contributed to that for sure, but we seemed to force a lot of passes where the options weren’t really on.

Think this is another indicator of the team/manning forcing a certain style of play, where either the situation or the players don’t suit it. 

I quite like Manning but for someone who bangs on about “control” every interview we sure love to hoof it to the wings pretty early into possession without looking for better options. 

• Like 1