IGNORED

2024/25 season tickets.

BCFC1512

It depends.

If we win the next four (for example) then I think they’ll be rushed out on the basis that you sell more on a feelgood factor and there will be FOMO. Conversely, if we lose the next four then we won’t put them on sale at that point as people will be considered as having less intent to buy.

Most people will buy anyway but the trick the club will try and work is ensuring the waverers are buying - and that best happens when we’re on a good run.

• Like 1

• Admin
19 hours ago, BCFC1512 said:

With the last DD due out end of this month. When do we think next seasons will go on sale. 

44 minutes ago, Nathan Bakers Beard said:

10 direct debits I believe and first one for me came out in June and I signed up early so I'm pretty confident the last one will be in March. A little while yet before we get ticket news for next season. 

Nine payments 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

You just know the season you don’t renew is the season we will go up 

I've been saying that for over 30 years!! 

The harder selling point will be the decline of 3pm Saturday afternoon kick offs

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

You just know the season you don’t renew is the season we will go up 

Its like always playing the same lottery numbers (still my long term financial plan) - supporting City is like being in a relationship with someone you know is bad for you - you know its going to hurt eventually but you just have to keep on seeing them....Optimism Bias!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MelksRed said:

Its like always playing the same lottery numbers (still my long term financial plan) - supporting City is like being in a relationship with someone you know is bad for you - you know its going to hurt eventually but you just have to keep on seeing them....Optimism Bias!

It could be worse , you could be sat in a half empty stand with portaloo’s in the concourse with no food outlets , just saying like 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, phantom said:

I've been saying that for over 30 years!! 

The harder selling point will be the decline of 3pm Saturday afternoon kick offs

This is what puts me off, there are so many games now that i can't make due to work commitments 

9 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Only said this the other day 

Next season will be the first year I’ve not had a season ticket in 27 years . You watch them win the league 🤣

Part-timer

• Haha 1

You've got to love a footie fan. 

When the tickets go on sale we won't know which teams we will be playing or which division we will be playing in or what day or time the matches will start. 

And still we will part with around  £500. Brainwashed or brain dead?

On 21/01/2024 at 08:19, Shauntaylor85 said:

It will be a hard sell with Manning snore ball. 

People bought under Pearson and it was hardly thrilling football. People will still buy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Super said:

People bought under Pearson and it was hardly thrilling football. People will still buy.

It was on a reasonable trajectory under NP AND tbh it felt like we were on or starting a journey.

There were also huge constraints which I'm sure fans were more than aware of.

The wider picture is rosier now, is there that journey feeling? Jury out IMO.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Super said:

In the main you're dead right.

I think the dislike of the "bosses" is as high as I can recall and that, together with changing ko times might persuade more to go down the membership route next season than previously.

I think it's 9 debit payments from June. So March is the last one. So we luckily have April and May off. I have 2 x adult and 2 x U19 (used to be under 12s). So the total outlay for me this season in E32 was £1420. A hefty cost, particularly as we do a load of the away games as well.

I think we do need to look at those £50 kids tickets in the South Stand now for me. They are effectively free as they get a shirt, so those kids only turn up for 50% of the games, hence the spaces. The attendance includes them of course, but financially it's a disaster as a give away seat.

Having a stand that is a quarter empty each game as young kids only going to a third of the games is unsustainable.

It forces pay on the days to go Dolman and lower Lansdown. Hence why we have low levels of pay as you go for the higher priced stands.

We have a designated family stand at that lower price (upper lansdown). If we do under 12 tickets in South Stand , they will have to cost more in my eyes. On a par with the Dolman at £99. That would encourage more of the kids to go to more games as well.

Just my opinion of course, but sensible pricing across the 3 stands and there's no reason now why we can't be at capacity most weeks (can't do anything about the away fans of course).

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I think it's 9 debit payments from June. So March is the last one. So we luckily have April and May off. I have 2 x adult and 2 x U19 (used to be under 12s). So the total outlay for me this season in E32 was £1420. A hefty cost, particularly as we do a load of the away games as well.

I think we do need to look at those £50 kids tickets in the South Stand now for me. They are effectively free as they get a shirt, so those kids only turn up for 50% of the games, hence the spaces. The attendance includes them of course, but financially it's a disaster as a give away seat.

Having a stand that is a quarter empty each game as young kids only going to a third of the games is unsustainable.

It forces pay on the days to go Dolman and lower Lansdown. Hence why we have low levels of pay as you go for the higher priced stands.

We have a designated family stand at that lower price (upper lansdown). If we do under 12 tickets in South Stand , they will have to cost more in my eyes. On a par with the Dolman at £99. That would encourage more of the kids to go to more games as well.

Just my opinion of course, but sensible pricing across the 3 stands and there's no reason now why we can't be at capacity most weeks (can't do anything about the away fans of course).

I would keep the £50 tickets but limit the free shirt part of the offer to the Family Stand only

Edited by richwwtk

• Admin
13 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

See my post at the top of the page with full details

You do raise a valid point and it is something that the club have recognised, how it is dealt with going forward it tricky

7 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I would keep the £50 tickets but limit the free shirt part of the offer to the Famnily Stand only

Now we are getting improved crowds it is financial suicide to have circa 3k seats unused on matchday, the additional losses that those extra people would spend would massively add up over a season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I would keep the £50 tickets but limit the free shirt part of the offer to the Famnily Stand only

Nah. My son comes to every single home game. So for us, it's a fantastic deal. 

Why should we lose out because others don't make use of their tickets? 

Should be a case of use it, or lose it. 

Maybe offer some u12 season tickets as weekend only games. 

I've also seen posts online of adults readily admitting using these u12 season tickets to enter the ground. So more robust monitoring needs to be done on that. 

Just now, phantom said:

See my post at the top of the page with full details

You do raise a valid point and it is something that the club have recognised, how it is dealt with going forward it tricky

Now we are getting improved crowds it is financial suicide to have circa 3k seats unused on matchday, the additional losses that those extra people would spend would massively add up over a season

Yes, but without the free shirt offer those tickets in the SS would be less likely to be bought as 'placeholders' or to keep an empty seat and more likely to be used each match.

Doubling the price of a true U12 supporter in the SS would not be very fair.

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've also seen posts online of adults readily admitting using these u12 season tickets to enter the ground. So more robust monitoring needs to be done on that. 

That certainly needs clamping down on, when my daughter was U12 I would giver her my adult ticket and use hers for myself almost every game and nobody batted an eyelid!

Edited by richwwtk

11 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

That certainly needs clamping down on, when my daughter was U12 I would giver her my adult ticket and use hers for myself almost every game and nobody batted an eyelid!

I wouldn't say it's happening in high numbers cos obviously we've got all these empty seats. Although they could of course be using them and then sitting elsewhere in the ground. I've recently moved to the Lansdown and every game I have someone sat in my seat at kick off and after half time. 

I think I remember Coventry having a big issue with this sort of thing last season so they clamped down on it this season. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

• Admin
1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Yes, but without the free shirt offer those tickets in the SS would be less likely to be bought as 'placeholders' or to keep an empty seat and more likely to be used each match.

Doubling the price of a true U12 supporter in the SS would not be very fair.

In all respect that is your opinion there is nothing to back up that is why people are buying the seats and not using them

Anecdotally though people have said they keep the seat spare if friends wish to come along to a random game - of course season ticket holders can move their seats up to three times a season for free, so this shouldn't really be an issue

There is no mention anywhere of the seats "doubling"