IGNORED

Atmosphere today

13 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

So poor!

other than cup games our home support and atmosphere is guff.

need to sort out the stadium for a start but 20k today should have been much louder.

Thought it was better than usual tbf. 

Game wsnt too lively but thought the fans tried to keep it positive.

• Like 8
  • Robin 1

I'd have thought Leeds Home atmosphere is quite good? However ours can get some unfair stick at times, but at other times it is merited.

At Sunderland there is a general malaise and discontent which can reflect in the atmosphere. They're angry and dismayed for a host of reasons.

Frustrating thing is, it's almost despite the clubs best efforts that ours is comparatively not bad at times..e.g.

1) The away fans (I know).

2) The dampening down of E34 instead of Installation of some Rail Sesrting thete. Clearly without Point Two, you have to do Point one.

Marginal gains thst can be tried in the here and now

1) A bit less pre- match music ie switch it off sooner.

2) The Liquidator. I dunno I've always associated it with West Brom for one, should we have something more Bristol City themed or neutral? Idk.

3) Reading away side out first..does it help or hinder? Or is it just standard.

• Like 1

I actually didn’t think it was too bad yesterday. 
There’s been a few quiet ones this season but yesterdays was generally ok. 
Thought it was good when ‘Red Army’ was going round most of the ground a minute before we scored. We lost possession, won it back, and ‘Red Army’ was still going and getting louder, and then we scored. 
Was impressive to actually have a song going round all 3 sides when we actually scored a goal. 

If anything, I was more disappointed with the away end! I don’t think I’ve ever seen Watford bring that many to AG before, so they came in good numbers, but they were probably the quietest away crowd all season. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

The period after the penalty was poor, the singing stopped just when the players needed picking up as it always seems to. Other than that it wasn't too bad, but then I am on the edge of Section 82 so it always sounds loud when they get going.

A good exciting match = a good atmosphere. When it’s flat, as per yesterday, it’s got nothing to do with the ground or whether people are standing or sitting. For most parts of the match yesterday it wasn’t particularly exciting so it’s no surprise the atmosphere was what it was. 

• Like 1

I thought it was above average tbf. Trying to play possession based football will, inevitably, affect some of the atmosphere. Fans are all the same, despite all of the modern day coaching technology, deep down we all want our side to attack from the off. 

Listening to the Arsenal game on the way in and that was really like a library and we are talking three times the crowd size. So this needs a bit of context & don't be too critical.

Perhaps it really IS all about "box entries"!

• Like 1

The problem with the atmosphere at Ashton gate is the fans are to reactive to what happens on the pitch.

If the fans were more proactive with the singing approach and backed the team the whole game no matter what was happening then the atmosphere would always be great. 

We also need to sing less anti g*s songs and less songs aimed at the away support. It’s hardly supporting city and pushing them on when we aren’t even singing about them. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

I think a lot of teams stadiums and crowds have changed over the years  and are much quieter but  in the 70s you had people in ends who would lead the singing continually.  I see many people in the Lansdown who sit with their arms folded and quiet for 90 minutes unless there’s something on the pitch that sparks them .  The audience has changed now maybe just a sign of the times .  I myself could never sit in silence watching a game of football .  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

So poor!

other than cup games our home support and atmosphere is guff.

need to sort out the stadium for a start but 20k today should have been much louder.

While we continue to play second halves, sideways and backwards all the time allowing away teams to keep us pinned in our own half at the Atyeo away fans end, leaving the City fans in the rest of the ground with absolutely nothing to get excited about, the atmosphere will be dead!

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

A good exciting match = a good atmosphere. When it’s flat, as per yesterday, it’s got nothing to do with the ground or whether people are standing or sitting. For most parts of the match yesterday it wasn’t particularly exciting so it’s no surprise the atmosphere was what it was. 

Although not brilliant the atmosphere yesterday was fine. Sitting in the Lansdown you get the benefit of the away fans and Sec 82 either end we could hear the Watford fans loud and clear and also the Sec 82.

We didn’t hear the “get in the mixer” bloke yesterday. He must have missed the game………:dunno: