IGNORED

Accessing Dolman Stand prior to Kick Off

Red Army 79

I’m a City member and normally go to about 4 or 5 games a season. I normally sit in the Lansdown stand with my daughter sitting up in the family enclosure.

I live in Ross on Wye so use the Portway park and ride so I enter the ground area via the gates by KFC. This works well if sitting in the Lansdown as can enter the ground via gates by all the takeaway outlets. 

However I sat in the Dolman for the West Ham game and you didn’t use to be able to go through the turnstiles to the south stand and get access to the dolman so last Tuesday I assumed this was still the case so battled through the crowds along the Lansdown stand who were queuing to get in the ground back onto the road at the back of the Ayteo then back into the stadium at the Dolman at the Ayteo end.

After the game I noticed that fans turned right at the back of the stand and were able to walk through the back of the Dolman, past the South Stand and out at the doors in the main area.

Can I get access to the ground prior to kick off this way in future or is this just for the end of the game?

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You can use any home turnstile to gain access to the ground/concourse. Did I understand the question?

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

You can enter via the Lansdown or South Stand and still get round to the Dolman….

Perfect Thank you. Will save me a 10 minute walk. 

• Like 2

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Red Army 79 said:

I’m a City member and normally go to about 4 or 5 games a season. I normally sit in the Lansdown stand with my daughter sitting up in the family enclosure.

I live in Ross on Wye so use the Portway park and ride so I enter the ground area via the gates by KFC. This works well if sitting in the Lansdown as can enter the ground via gates by all the takeaway outlets. 

However I sat in the Dolman for the West Ham game and you didn’t use to be able to go through the turnstiles to the south stand and get access to the dolman so last Tuesday I assumed this was still the case so battled through the crowds along the Lansdown stand who were queuing to get in the ground back onto the road at the back of the Ayteo then back into the stadium at the Dolman at the Ayteo end.

After the game I noticed that fans turned right at the back of the stand and were able to walk through the back of the Dolman, past the South Stand and out at the doors in the main area.

Can I get access to the ground prior to kick off this way in future or is this just for the end of the game?

The ONLY time you had to use the entrance by the park for the Dolman stand was the very first game the new horseshoe concourse was opened. It was a decision that was very quickly stopped 

You can use any turnstile for any part of the ground 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

The ONLY time you had to use the entrance by the park for the Dolman stand was the very first game the new horseshoe concourse was opened. It was a decision that was very quickly stopped 

You can use any turnstile for any part of the ground 

I must have gone to that first game and been walking round ever since 😂 Nightmare!! Almost missed kick off for the West Ham game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Red Army 79 said:

Perfect Thank you. Will save me a 10 minute walk. 

7 minutes ago, Red Army 79 said:

I must have gone to that first game and been walking round ever since 😂 Nightmare!! Almost missed kick off for the West Ham game. 

No worries. The Dolman entrance by the park is the most convenient for me. So the more people going in a different way, the less of a queue for me 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1