IGNORED

Our next 4 league fixtures

Wokingham Red

On 22/01/2024 at 10:02, Wokingham Red said:

30th Jan - Coventry (a)

2nd Feb - Leeds (H)

10th Feb - Middlesbrough (a)

13th Feb - Southampton (H)

Four very tough games in a short period of time. If we can come out of these still within 6 points of the playoffs that would be a great platform to maybe make a late charge. We lose them all and then it's another season of mediocrity confirmed. The optimist in me says that 5 points out of this lot would be a good outcome but it will be a very tough ask; especially the next two.

7 points in the end when it really should have been 9. Funny old game football😂

Now let’s see how we do against teams below us in the league. Could be an exciting end to the season 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Robin 1

On 23/01/2024 at 12:48, ChippenhamRed said:

The point is there is no point completely dismissing those games purely on the basis of the opposition's league position and/or form. It often doesn't work like that, especially in the Championship. And it does seem to suit us better playing against opposition who are on paper superior and play with more intent to win. When we beat Middlesborough earlier in the season, they were on a run of 1 defeat in 12 at the time.

Permission to feel smug sir?!

• Haha 2

We've now got an extra day rest over QPR, who have to travel to Stoke and back tomorrow, then across here on Saturday. 

Nothing stopping us getting a third w.... actually I won't say it...

Edited by mozo

Well. I said I’d take 4 with a consistent improvement in performance. We got 7 with the following:

- 1 x very poor (Leeds)

- 1 x Curates egg that I saw (Cov) and 1 x Curates egg that I didn’t (Boro)

- 1 x superb (Southampton)

Avoiding recency bias (not getting too high etc) then it’s a very good haul from a mixed bag of performances. So points have exceeded expectations but performance (on a consistent basis) probably hasn’t. However, of the last 180 minutes I think the consensus would be that we’ve been very good for 135 so the trajectory is definitely the right way…!

• Like 1

The Championship is just absolutely mental isn’t it 🤣

It’s why I just didn’t get it when people were going mental after the draws away at QPR and Huddersfield…

Year after year we see a league which the top few aside, there is barely anything between the rest.

We could quite conceivably not win any of our next 2 and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit!!! It’s impossible to predict where your points are coming from.

• Like 1