IGNORED

Araoye to Weston on loan

James54De

1 hour ago, James54De said:

Hmmm. Surely he’s above that level? 

He is.  ⬇️⬇️

54 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Means he can be recalled if needed, we wouldn't be able to do that with an EFL loan.

16 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Will be joining James Morton and Opi Edwards at WSM

James Morton signed for Southend earlier this months. 

Whenever I’ve seen Opi at Weston this season, calling a spade a spade, he’s been absolutely dreadful.  

Always surprised me that we don't have a more meaningful relationship with the seagulls. 

Decent level, players don't need to move houses and with Failand being just 30 mins away the players can continue to train here as Weston are part time whilst playing for Weston. It allows young players to play mens football whilst still being coached by a Championship club.

Seems win win. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2

He was highly talked up last summer and pre season and moved ahead of Idehen in the pecking order... Thought he may have pushed on this year but seemingly not ready yet...

Also what happened to Marlee Francois? Came on in the FA Cup game last January, again was all over the clubs social media last summer and talked up but never progressed... Injuries? 

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Always surprised me that we don't have a more meaningful relationship with the seagulls. 

Decent level, players don't need to move houses and with Failand being just 30 mins away the players can continue to train here as Weston are part time whilst playing for Weston. It allows young players to play mens football whilst still being coached by a Championship club.

Seems win win. 

I think Bartlett at Weston is a bit of an odd character to deal with. Not the great pitch/playing surface. Better relationship with Bath?

I agree though, and would really like to see more of our boys at Weston more often. 

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

James Morton signed for Southend earlier this months. 

Whenever I’ve seen Opi at Weston this season, calling a spade a spade, he’s been absolutely dreadful.  

What’s it like down there , wouldn’t mind taking a game in there 

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

What’s it like down there , wouldn’t mind taking a game in there 

I honestly couldn’t recommend it more mate. I went loads as a youngun after school with mates etc, so still make an effort to get down there when I can, probably a few times a season. Cheap entry, cheap football food, can have a pint watching the game etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Seems win win. 

We could also save cost rather than the players staying in a nice place in Bristol or hotel they could stay with someone on the bourneville estate 😂😂

Just now, petehinton said:

I honestly couldn’t recommend it more mate. I went loads as a youngun after school with mates etc, so still make an effort to get down there when I can, probably a few times a season. Cheap entry, cheap football food, can have a pint watching the game etc. 

what sort of crowds , what standard , many away fans , plenty of room , is there different stands or do you just walk round , beer in clubhouse or outside - sorry lots of questions just very inquisitive 

1 minute ago, redkev said:

what sort of crowds , what standard , many away fans , plenty of room , is there different stands or do you just walk round , beer in clubhouse or outside - sorry lots of questions just very inquisitive 

Around 200-400 ish, but Torquay/Taunton games have been total sell outs around 1200 or so. Don’t get many away fans, no segregation so can just walk around and stand/sit wherever you want. There’s two outside bars and a few food vendors too, or an indoor clubhouse type area with one too 👍🏻

Edited by petehinton

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Around 200-400 ish, but Torquay/Taunton games have been total sell outs around 1200 or so. Don’t get many away fans, no segregation so can just walk around and stand/sit wherever you want. There’s two outside bars and a few food vendors too, or an indoor clubhouse type area with one too 👍🏻

Sounds good I fancy that , gonna take a game in I think , bit worrying though being able drink during the game 🙈

I might be over the fence tackling the winger 😂😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think Bartlett at Weston is a bit of an odd character to deal with. Not the great pitch/playing surface. Better relationship with Bath?

I agree though, and would really like to see more of our boys at Weston more often. 

Think that Bath manager does a bit in City's academy or at least he used to.

25 minutes ago, redkev said:

Sounds good I fancy that , gonna take a game in I think , bit worrying though being able drink during the game 🙈

I might be over the fence tackling the winger 😂😂

You definitely should! 

I would have a season ticket at Weston if so many of our games didn't clash. 

For example there is the Somerset Derby against Taunton on 29th of March and were at home to Leicester that day. 

For anyone from Bristol ever fancies coming down here for a game. The X1 now stops less than a 5 min walk away from the ground. 

• Like 1

Went to Taunton v Weymouth this evening against my better judgement.

Two City loanees are at Taunton, Zac Bell and Marley Rose.

The former started and had a very poor game. Rose came on second half and didn't make an impression either, albeit in tough conditions and Taunton were playing terribly. 

Bell is 20 now and I'd be amazed if he made it at City based on that performance this evening. 

29 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Went to Taunton v Weymouth this evening against my better judgement.

Two City loanees are at Taunton, Zac Bell and Marley Rose.

The former started and had a very poor game. Rose came on second half and didn't make an impression either, albeit in tough conditions and Taunton were playing terribly. 

Bell is 20 now and I'd be amazed if he made it at City based on that performance this evening. 

Think Bell has already been told he’ll be released in the summer. 

shame about the result for Taunton, but at least it’s actually another game played!! With the weather we’ve had, assumed it’d be a shoe in for postponement 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I'm not overly fond of him. But he has done a good job. 

I live in the new development next to the ground and it's built on marshland so that probably doesn't help with the pitch. My garden is constantly flooded in the winter. 

Yes better links with Bath. Probably because of Owers and I'm also guessing that the Bath manager Jerry Gill may be a fan of ours? I know that personally he has a lot of links to South Bristol. 

I think an arrangement between City and Weston would be beneficial to both clubs. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think Bell has already been told he’ll be released in the summer. 

shame about the result for Taunton, but at least it’s actually another game played!! With the weather we’ve had, assumed it’d be a shoe in for postponement 

That would make sense. He's had loan spells at Bath and Yeovil too so maybe he'll end up at one of those clubs. 

Taunton should've taken the lead after starting strongly. Bell had a good chance which he didn't even get on target. Just missing a striker.

Weymouth scored a nice goal from the edge of the box, and Taunton's confidence drained.

Fans singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" at Dray. 

Not a happy place atm!

• Like 1

Went to WSM tonight against Bath,  I've been a few times as its only down the road from Clevedon.

1100 there, which is down a bit due to the weather and mid week game. At the Torquay game (they bought 800) the crowd was around 2500+.

It's a nice ground, only £3 for kids (£12 adults). Big terrace behind the goal which gets packed for certain games.I must say I enjoy it anyhow.

Jose in goal for Bath was solid and RA is too good for this level really (i saw him put in a solid display at Cheltenham pre season with the first team squad). Dale Grubb (ex city from years ago) was missing tonight and he normally makes them tick.

A big jump up from Southern Prem, but fair play they are making a go of it. Plans to modernise the stadium and improve the stands as well.

Certainly the catchment area there to continue to get crowds in the 2-3k mark for certain games and a decent bar that walks out to the pitchside.

Certainly a better option for our young players than constant under 21 games that's for sure.

• Thanks 2