Didn't know he was playing in Serie A. Did we see/get the best of him even as a Plan B?

Doing okay this season albeit in a struggling Verona side. A side who appear to have had a bit of a firesale in January.

5 goals and 1 assist in 20 games, albeit of those 13 starts and 7 sub appearances. 1 of them was a penalty however.

Conversion rate of 1 goal per 5.2 shots is also decent. Seems to have more passes per game than here too, 17 on average.

He seems to be getting more of a look in this season too.

I went to Lazio v Verona last season; I hadn’t realised he was there either. He was on the bench that day and didn’t get on, pity, I’d have liked to see him again.

I still rate his goal at Sunderland for us as one of the best ‘traditional centre forward’ goals I’ve seen. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tony Tootle said:

I really liked Djuric and thought he was a very useful member of the squad. The real issue for most at the club was that he smoked like a chimney which in the end couldn't be tolerated any longer.

He was as tall as a chimney too!

• Haha 2

On 24/01/2024 at 15:13, bearded_red said:

His performance in the League Cup against Palace probably the best I’ve seen from a City centre forward of that type, absolutely unplayable.

Hell of a goal at Sunderland too.

Apparently he really struggled with the relentless nature of English football & in Serie B he’s tended to play about 60 minutes once a week.

At 6ft 6 & not shabby on the deck he was very good on his day, though.

Started (but didn’t score) in Monza’s 4-2 win over Milan yesterday.

Some game.

Monza we’re 2-0 up at half time.

Milan had a player sent off early second half, but pulled it back to 2-2 in the 88th minute.

Monza then scored in the 90th and 95th minutes.

And, instrumental in Monza’s goals was Daniel Maldini, son of the great Paolo. Who’s on loan from…..Milan! 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Started (but didn’t score) in Monza’s 4-2 win over Milan yesterday.

Some game.

Monza we’re 2-0 up at half time.

Milan had a player sent off early second half, but pulled it back to 2-2 in the 88th minute.

Monza then scored in the 90th and 95th minutes.

And, instrumental in Monza’s goals was Daniel Maldini, son of the great Paolo. Who’s on loan from…..Milan! 

I ended up watching it from about 40 minutes in, just as the Monza keeper had got injured and had to be subbed, they then went 2 up in the resulting added time at the end of the first half.

Pedro Pereira came on as a late sub for Monza too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Funny really, we have some players even some of the 'flops' dotted around some lesser top division clubs or big clubs in the 2nd tier in Europe.

Failing upwards? A Head Coach who couldn't get the best, mix of the 2 maybe.

There's the relative strength of leagues to consider too.

I do think with players coming in from abroad there's always going to be uncertainty over how they'll do, whether they settle and are suited to it.

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

There's the relative strength of leagues to consider too.

I do think with players coming in from abroad there's always going to be uncertainty over how they'll do, whether they settle and are suited to it.

This is true but middling in Serie A with some notable results.

Also true on Part 2 but varied ones we signed, they didn't seem of a vastly different profile at starting point to a lot of those who joined Brentford ie Norgaard, Jensen etc. Maybe Klich at Leeds another example who was a top Championship and okay in the PL for a time.

During that era we had some competent individuals- we did.

We had a questionable manager, hierarchy and ability to blend them together. I do think NP would pushed on the squad between say 2017-2020 than Lee Johnson did. In the League certainly.

Man management and fitness at times were also suspect, talking in general not just some individuals.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous