IGNORED

AG3 - after the match information please

Dave S

I'll be catching the AG3 after the match on Friday. I assume buses leave when full, so how soon after the final whistle does the first one normally leave? How frequent are they after that? Assume if there's extra time and penalties the buses still operate.

Thanks for the help.

I've probably seen Forest a few times over the years, but the most memorable match was the 2nd leg of the League Cup semi-final in early 1989. I remember standing with my father in the pouring rain in the old enclosure in front of the Williams stand. We lost 0 v 1 to a goal late in extra time, having drawn the first leg in Nottingham 1 v 1.

Dave 

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Dave S said:

I'll be catching the AG3 after the match on Friday. I assume buses leave when full, so how soon after the final whistle does the first one normally leave? How frequent are they after that? Assume if there's extra time and penalties the buses still operate.

Thanks for the help.

I've probably seen Forest a few times over the years, but the most memorable match was the 2nd leg of the League Cup semi-final in early 1989. I remember standing with my father in the pouring rain in the old enclosure in front of the Williams stand. We lost 0 v 1 to a goal late in extra time, having drawn the first leg in Nottingham 1 v 1.

Dave 

I generally jump on the bus after the game, more often than not I end up on the first one to depart.

Never timed it, but leaving the Lansdown stand usually plenty of time for a piss before leaving the ground and walking over to the stop.

No idea how many busses they put on after the game, but there are usually 2 or 3 waiting, not sure if that leave enough time for those who get a pint after the game to also get a bus or not, or if all 3 fill up within 30 mins of the whistle.

There are usually at least 2 AG buses for each route waiting for the game to finish. They depart as they fill up so no worries about leaving you behind if the match drags on a bit. the first one usually goes fairly promptly after the game as quite a few leave before final whistle or run to get it right on the whistle.

Then the next one fills up and both or however many there are will come back to collect those taking a more leisurely exit from the game, so there’s no rush and no worries about not getting back.

The first few will be full and standing for those boarding last. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Dave S I organise the AG shuttle bus service for First Bus on behalf of Ashton Gate.

The level of service is dictated by the fixture , so for the game on Friday 26th Jan there will be 4 buses scheduled to depart from Ashton Gate , Winterstoke Rd. The first is scheduled to depart at 2200 but will leave when full. Then approximately every 10 minutes or if bus is full. These buses will then return for departures at 2245, 2300 & 2315.  All this information relates to a 1945 kick off. For 2000 kick of the times are 15 minutes later. 

Hope this helps? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

I walk very quickly back to Temple Meads after midweek and night games to catch the last train home (and including being in mathematically one of the last seats in the Dolman able to exit) and without fail whenever I’m walking up the incline to the station around 2220 a bus is almost always just pulling up and a handful of away fans drift off.

To be honest I have no idea where this bus picks up or even if that one is the first to have left but I assume it must be? For an 8pm kick off as with Leeds next week and Southampton 10 days after it will be even tighter so probably not the time to find out as I would have thought if it’s already no faster on a regular kick off, it will be worse for later.