IGNORED

Nottingham Forest home 4th round FA Cup match thread

Jerseybean

They've quite a few missing but will still put out a very good team.

Tougher game than West Ham who managed one shot on target iirc and were bullied, this lot will have a lot more about them and better going forward even without their missing players. 

Losing Williams is a big blow.

I think they'll get a couple or three and I'll go for a 0-2 score and hope I am as crap at predicting results as I normally am.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Me and the boy unable to attend tonight. He is currently in hospital after a big operation. He did make me laugh though, when he came round he was chatting nonsense as expected, and he blurted out the gas lost dad. 

Come on City 

Best wishes to your boy. Hope you both back at the gate soon 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

They've quite a few missing but will still put out a very good team.

Tougher game than West Ham who managed one shot on target iirc and were bullied, this lot will have a lot more about them and better going forward even without their missing players. 

Losing Williams is a big blow.

I think they'll get a couple or three and I'll go for a 0-2 score and hope I am as crap at predicting results as I normally am.

Not sure if MGW is really injured either…

41 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Me and the boy unable to attend tonight. He is currently in hospital after a big operation. He did make me laugh though, when he came round he was chatting nonsense as expected, and he blurted out the gas lost dad. 

Come on City 

Hope he recovers well and is back at the Gate soon.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Come on City 

All the best to your lad and to you mate- I've been there and know how stressful it is.

Let's hope we can get a result for him tonight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Come on City 

Know how tough it is to be in hospital after an operation with a youngester. Hopefully he recovers well , city win tonight and you can both be there for the fifth round. 

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Come on City 

I'm in the same boat Mate, had to cancel my ticket for tonight due to recent hospitalisation.

All the very best to your lad for a speedy recovery. 👍

• Robin 1

Hi all, 

A Forest fan in peace. I’m looking forward to the game tonight, it should be a good old fashioned cup tie with no VAR to ruin the match. I see some are speculating on injuries - we’ve got a few. We are down to one striker, Wood with Callum Hudson Odoi on the wing. MGW I believe is still injured, Elanga is out and of course Awoniyi. We’ve also lost 6 players to AFCON. Other than that, we can’t defend and all our goalkeepers are crap. Nuno will play a strong team, mainly cos we don’t have much option. Probably 4231:

Turner

Montiel - Omabamidele - Murillo - Tavares 

Yates - Mangala

CHO - Danilo - Dominguez

Wood

I have fond memories of BC matches - the 2 v 1 win in our promotion season is the moment we started to believe something special was happening. Lyle Taylor had his only good match for us and his penalty gave every Forest fan a heart attack. Good luck and let’s hope for a rip roaring entertaining FA Cup tie.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Forest Red said:

Hi all, 

A Forest fan in peace. I’m looking forward to the game tonight, it should be a good old fashioned cup tie with no VAR to ruin the match. I see some are speculating on injuries - we’ve got a few. We are down to one striker, Wood with Callum Hudson Odoi on the wing. MGW I believe is still injured, Elanga is out and of course Awoniyi. We’ve also lost 6 players to AFCON. Other than that, we can’t defend and all our goalkeepers are crap. Nuno will play a strong team, mainly cos we don’t have much option. Probably 4231:

Turner

Yates - Mangala

CHO - Danilo - Dominguez

Wood

I have fond memories of BC matches - the 2 v 1 win in our promotion season is the moment we started to believe something special was happening. Lyle Taylor had his only good match for us and his penalty gave every Forest fan a heart attack. Good luck and let’s hope for a rip roaring entertaining FA Cup tie.

I don't have fond memories of that 2-1 win, I literally couldn't believe what I was watching! 😂

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Forest Red said:

Hi all, 

Turner

Yates - Mangala

CHO - Danilo - Dominguez

Wood

That's a pretty strong team!

Surely some rotation from last match considering arsenal on Tuesday. Players like Mckenna, Williams, Aguilera, Toffolo to come in?

Edited by DaveF

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

And what colour do you associate with  Robins ? 

Orange of course. Although robins are often called redbreast the colour is actually orange. Orange, as a colour, was unknown in English until the Middle Ages. Until then orange was just regarded as a shade of red 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveF said:

That's a pretty strong team!

Surely some rotation from last match considering arsenal on Tuesday. Players like Mckenna, Williams, Aguilera, Toffolo to come in?

We’re still learning about Nuno but he doesn’t seem to rotate for the cup, he didn’t for Blackpool. The players you quoted + Worrall are all the options we have. The rest of the bench will be U21’s. Aguilera is the only attacking option on the bench. Yates went off injured vs Blackpool and we had to put Nico Williams in Midfield.

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Not sure what O'Neills have got to do with some poorly applied sponsor logos. That would have been done by somebody at the club.

Yeah, Scotty can't be great at everything. And maybe that's one of the ones JL sowed.