IGNORED

Nottingham Forest home 4th round FA Cup match thread

Jerseybean

I enjoyed that, although tinged with a little frustration that we just don't have that killer instinct. 

First half was brilliant. Forest were never going to let us dominate the 2nd half so easy, and just look at the quality of subs they had compared with ours. 

Pring was outstanding. Surely he'll get his chance to play Premier League football?!

Conway wasn't at his best. He's probably the only player not to get a lot of touches of the ball, and I sympathise with that, but a lot of his touches were disappointing, even the build up play, which he's usually great at.

Beating Forest at their place would be enjoyable.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

But surly the final say goes back to SL ?

Not sure SL is interested much beyond giving playboy a day job! City have funds without having to knock on SLs door so I’m confident JL will open up what he can to justify his awful decision making only relying on daddy when he ***** it up!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Not sure SL is interested much beyond giving playboy a day job! City have funds without having to knock on SLs door so I’m confident JL will open up what he can to justify his awful decision making only relying on daddy when he ***** it up!

Okies red. I did not think SL had that much trust, faith, in JL.

Always struck me as a numpty in a suit 

6 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Okies red. I did not think SL had that much trust, faith, in JL.

Always struck me as a numpty in a suit 

That is very much my reading of the current situation!

JL is calling it (until it goes wrong). No one would argue with the Numpty assessment mind you.

• Thanks 1

More comments about how good our facilities are in and around the ground , forest fan said he was in corporate and thought it was excellent, others saying that food/ drink village with music outside the ground was as good as they have seen anywhere in the country , packed 2 hours before kick off and packed after . Others comment saying how good the pubs are around the ground and how good a night out Bristol is .

All we need is to get to the promised land ( and it will all be ruined 😂😂😂) City has become very very popular with away fans and not just because they usually get an 89th minute winner 🙈

• Facepalm 1

Am a Forest fan.

Just want to say what a cracking away day me and my two boys had on Friday. I know many teachers will say "I am ruining their lives" by giving them a day off to see a game of football but they got a lot out of it, we did some sight seeing around the town, had a great time.

Your facilities and ground were great. A top away day and with the wind in the right direction, the trip from Nottingham is straightforward, other than getting through Birmingham but that is just Birmingham.

Good atmosphere too with noise coming from all over the ground, will definitely be back soon one way or another 👍 

Enjoy the trip to Nottingham. Was speaking to a few fans after the game who expect you to sell out your 4,000 allocation, hope you do, will make for a great atmosphere at the City Ground.

Top tip, our goalkeeping situation is not very strong at all, get some shots on target and see what happens 🤣

You Reds (works both ways).

On 27/01/2024 at 18:30, redkev said:

All we need is to get to the promised land ( and it will all be ruined 😂😂😂) City has become very very popular with away fans and not just because they usually get an 89th minute winner 🙈

90+2 to be accurate, after a 90+1 equaliser 🙈

Of course, every supporter wants to be in the Premier League but just be aware it comes at a high cost for those of us who are outside the so called "top six" and enjoy the game in its purest form, in some ways, I enjoyed the game more in the Championship, I hope that makes sense. Soo much is sacrificed once you get into the Premier League. Maybe just me being an old git or maybe that is just my club being ran the way it is.

Edited by Gimpymoo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1