IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

Like many young players, he has good days and bad days. I find him incredibly frustrating at times too, but the level of criticism he gets is almost laughable. He's certanly not our worst player.

I genuinely think he is our worst player. 

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

How come in all three games against PL teams we've looked like a good, functioning passing team and yet against Champ opposition we cannot pass it 5 yards to a man?

Easy to be up for the cup games isn't it. Not so easy away to Cov in front of an empty stadium on a Tuesday night. Got to have the right mentality

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

You can't be serious?

Bell? Cornick? Yeboah if you count him as a "proper" member of the squad?

I agree Cornick comes a close second but Bell has given much more value than Mehmeti has. Albeit not recently but he’s ‘out of form’ when was Mehmeti ‘in form’?

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

You can't be serious?

Bell? Cornick? Yeboah if you count him as a "proper" member of the squad?

I’ve seen all of those players do good things though. And I would gladly have Cornick every week over Mehmeti. Cornick epitomises team play - Mehmeti literally just gives the ball away. 

And I won’t change my mind on any of this if he scores the winner. His Bristol City career so far has been nothing short of non league. 

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Like many young players, he has good days and bad days. I find him incredibly frustrating at times too, but the level of criticism he gets is almost laughable. He's certanly not our worst player.

Nah, more bad and average days than good, rarely makes the right decision when it matters. He’s benefitted from some very good collective performances of late that have masked his own performances, get a game like tonight where everyone is slight below par and you can see he’s not at this level. Hopefully Manning can improve him, but I think L1 might just be his level

Yes. People just magically forget about it after a bad 45 minutes. Our fans seem to do exactly the same with Conway too, he "needs replacing" if he goes a half of football without scoring.

Nah I'm not the same with Conway, I'm a fan. Mehmeti just holds onto it way too long and does nothing with it. Waste of a shirt. Would love a signing to replace him tomorrow 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

No agenda at all. I’d like him to do well, because if he does well it’ll be like playing with eleven players. 

But it’s factually correct to say that in almost every single game he’s played, he’s been absolute dog shit. It gives me no pleasure at all in saying so, but we’ve got to the point where I just chuckle every time he gives the ball away. 

Heat of the moment and all that……but if you wanted a description to define what’s ‘opinion’ as opposed to ‘fact’ then you couldn’t do much better than ‘dog shit’.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1