IGNORED

if your heading to Coventry watch out for Swansea fans

Imagine getting violent with someone at a service station because they’re wearing another football teams colours 😂.

I can never get my head around it!

This is a genuine question, but does anyone on here get involved in football violence? Can you explain to me why you do it, I’m really intrigued.

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

22 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Imagine getting violent with someone at a service station because they’re wearing another football teams colours 😂.

This is a genuine question, but does anyone on here get involved in football violence? Can you explain to me why you do it, I’m really intrigued.

No I don’t. I think it’s Neanderthal, tribal nonsense and brings the club and the game into serious disrepute. 
However, if you’re attacked by a bunch of idiot opposition ‘fans’ then you’re involved - you have little choice but to fight or run. You won’t talk your way out of it and to the neutral and the press you will appear to be just as guilty. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

No I don’t. I think it’s Neanderthal, tribal nonsense and brings the club and the game into serious disrepute. 
However, if you’re attacked by a bunch of idiot opposition ‘fans’ then you’re involved - you have little choice but to fight or run. You won’t talk your way out of it and to the neutral and the press you will appear to be just as guilty. 

Yeah, totally get that if you are attacked. But you get some people that get chopsy over the sight of a different colour polyester shirt.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for the vocal banter during the game, its somewhat pantomime, but to get physically violent and genuinely getting wound up enough to fight someone is actually insane to me.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Could be fun in Strensham services

Why. Our coach stopped at Oxford services Jn 14,M4, coming back from Watford, (toilet blocked on coach), Swansea fans were already there, and Portsmouth fans but no problems  

Edited by Redandproud
Respell

37 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Yeah, totally get that if you are attacked. But you get some people that get chopsy over the sight of a different colour polyester shirt.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for the vocal banter during the game, its somewhat pantomime, but to get physically violent and genuinely getting wound up enough to fight someone is actually insane to me.   

It’s a society thing , 

you could ask the same questions about neighbour disputes , road rage , someone bumping into you in a pub , the list goes on , I’m not condoning it but everybody beats football with a big stick but many of the issues come from outside football , how can you tell people to behave when our own government/police force can’t half the time and world leaders seem to be at loggerheads at this moment to start world war 3 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Why. Our coach stopped at Oxford services Jn 14,M4, coming back from Watford, (toilet blocked on coach), Swansea fans were already there, and Portsmouth fans but no problems  

If your coach 1 no doubt the other clubs would have heard of your reputation 

3 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I blame it on +6 pints of Thatchers during the day!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Redandproud said:

I can't see the problem myself,  Met Swansea fans on the way to a playoff match with Sheff. utd, years ago. They were playing Rotherham Utd.

43 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

I can't see the problem myself,  Met Swansea fans on the way to a playoff match with Sheff. utd, years ago. They were playing Rotherham Utd.

Swansea fans really dislike us. Guess we are their second closest 'rivals' but their rivalry with us seemed to get quite intense after they were relegated. 

I don't get it really. Always liked Swansea.

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Swansea fans really dislike us. Guess we are their second closest 'rivals' but their rivalry with us seemed to get quite intense after they were relegated. 

There has been a little bit of nastiness between the 2 sets of fans for a while seemed to go away for a period but over the last 5-6 years has really kicked in again 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Really. I spent a while there a few years ago for the company I used to work for. I thought Swindon was an upgrade 

51 minutes ago, redkev said:

There has been a little bit of nastiness between the 2 sets of fans for a while seemed to go away for a period but over the last 5-6 years has really kicked in again 

They seemed to get worse after their stint in the PL.

The 2018-19 game at Ashton Gate posed the most issues but their stint in the PL seemed to make matters worse.