IGNORED

Stockport Ladies Day?

Port Said Red

Did I hear right on Saturday? Have they allocated the Stockport game as "ladies day"?:Confused13:

If this is right, is it in direct response to Mr Percy Parrots suggestion? I have looked on the CS/SL forum and there is no direct response to his post but it seems more than a coincidence.

I was only half listening so I heard something said about the ladies team making an appearance (nearly putting "coming out" then but thought better of it) but I didn't hear what else is planned.

Guest two acres red

if thats the case should b a good day in all 1st the wurzals then ladys day shame the club could not give us an early xmas prezzie and open the east end as well

Guest Red_heaven

Although i agree that its good for the club to encourage more people to attend games, as an example cheap/free tickets to schools/and in this case ladies day versus stockport....what about the supporters who attend the matches on a regular basis (home and/or away games) I'm a female season ticket holder and we dont get any extra discount for the stockport game as our ticket has already been paid for with our season ticket.

At the end of the day i think that the club should yes encourage more people to ashton gate.....BUT also think of the fans male or female who attend matches regulary and reward their commitment and dedication...

this is just my opinion and many of my city supporting friends feel the same. :)

I'm a female season ticket holder too and I don't agree with these kind of days. I think it makes all us regular females undervalued. No wonder we have such a hard job getting accepted in football as it is. Like you say imagine if they had a 'men for free day' or 'blacks only' day.

This female thing may have worked years and years ago when there were very , very few, if any, girls going to footie matches but now when families are encouraged I don't think it is necessary.

I think if someone is wanting to support their team they will attend when ever they can, money, time, childcare etc etc allowing. If you let someone in for free once are they likely to return and PAY the next time? I doubt it. Football has a lot of competition for our money and time. Either you are a fan or your not, thats just how it is, and your gender shouldn't matter!

:sport18:

Didn't i read somewhere that about 25% (that's 2,000) of City's season ticket holders are female?

This would represent a huge change in the 'make-up' of City's support over the last 20 years.

Far better i think to have an OAP free day ( that's free entry for OAP's, rather than not letting any of them in!) where older fans who genuinely can't afford it or find regular supporting difficult, have a chance to get back down the Gate.

We could even open the East End specially so they could have a good shout. :)

Archived