IGNORED

Dirty Leeds calling us 'Dirty'

Cole Not Gas

Pot and Kettle talk all over their numerous forums. Many of them watching two late booking last night, finding the West Ham matches made them flinch and some saying they need to get promotion just to be away from cloggers like us!!

Now, I really want us to get stuck in at 8pm on Friday; our main players to do this may be close to suspensions though (I don't keep a record nor know where to find this info') and i really like Williams and Pringo when they are in a controlled but aggressive mode. Not sure who else can be but imagine McCrorie and Dickie can handle themselves against their prima donnas. 

Their fans are complaining, with some justification they will be travelling 2000 miles in the next 4 away games with two at Plymouth and one at Swansea to follow this Friday. This does touch on another subject - cost of following teams away, as I do. A Leeds fans reckons he'll spend a £1000 in the first 3 weeks of February just on tickets, travel, hotels, f&b; this does not include time off work. I guess it depends on your priorities and needs for comfort but could also be a reason why they like being on Sky every week! I pointed out their next two are in the same county which can't happen for us but they appear as one-eyed as people on other forums - not ours of course

6 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Pot and Kettle talk all over their numerous forums. Many of them watching two late booking last night, finding the West Ham matches made them flinch and some saying they need to get promotion just to be away from cloggers like us!!

Now, I really want us to get stuck in at 8pm on Friday; our main players to do this may be close to suspensions though (I don't keep a record nor know where to find this info') and i really like Williams and Pringo when they are in a controlled but aggressive mode. Not sure who else can be but imagine McCrorie and Dickie can handle themselves against their prima donnas. 

Their fans are complaining, with some justification they will be travelling 2000 miles in the next 4 away games with two at Plymouth and one at Swansea to follow this Friday. This does touch on another subject - cost of following teams away, as I do. A Leeds fans reckons he'll spend a £1000 in the first 3 weeks of February just on tickets, travel, hotels, f&b; this does not include time off work. I guess it depends on your priorities and needs for comfort but could also be a reason why they like being on Sky every week! I pointed out their next two are in the same county which can't happen for us but they appear as one-eyed as people on other forums - not ours of course

Swings in roundabouts doesn't it? Yes they've got some long journeys but then they have games just down the road against the likes of Huddersfield, Rotherham, Hull, Sheff Wed.

12 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Id agree with them actually, those running football, the fixtures, scheduling and kick off times need a poke with a ******* hot poker. They don't give a flying **** about the fans and treat them with contempt

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Id agree with them actually, those running football, the fixtures, scheduling and kick off times need a poke with a ******* hot poker. They don't give a flying **** about the fans and treat them with contempt

Especially night games

• Like 1

Last time we played Leeds, they wanted to charge £47 for an away fan to attend, and then agreed to reduce down to £30.

The fans might have a point about the cost of travelling away, but they also need to look closer at home as those prices were disgraceful.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Professional football in this country does not exist for the benefit of the fans. I'm not sure it ever did, but it's clearer and more egregious currently.

We'd need an alternate reality to get the 50+1 model. Let's just hope the Independent regulator has some teeth.

• Like 2

All I heard after the WHU game from people that know I support City was what a dirty team we are, how did we not have 2 sent off, Williams should face a long ban…

A quick google has us second bottom in the championship discipline table, with only Huddersfield having fewer cards than us. 

Edit. Actually we’ve had fewer cards than any team in the championship, 49, but one was a red and Huddersfield, 50 all yellows 

Edited by ralphindevon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

All I heard after the WHU game from people that know I support City was what a dirty team we are, how did we not have 2 sent off, Williams should face a long ban…

A quick google has us second bottom in the championship discipline table, with only Huddersfield having fewer cards than us. 

It’s a built in excuse!

I think we are soft in league games at the moment personally!

21 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It’s a built in excuse!

I think we are soft in league games at the moment personally!

Yes we’ve often been bullied by teams in recent years. Although Williams tackle may well have deserved a red, besides that it was good to see us do a bit of bullying 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Especially night games

To go against the grain, while I do have sympathy with it- clubs do benefit from the TV cash.

PL a lot more so, which can help to fund wages and fees- those who pay the piper etc.

It's a lifestyle choice isn't it?

No one is making you travel to Rotherham on a Wednesday night. 

Fair play if you do btw.

If you look around other 2nd tier leagues, they don't play 46 games. It's ridiculous when you think about it. All the midweek games. Drop a couple of sides from the league and you lose 4 midweek games. That's clearly what is needed.

No chance it will happen though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Fair play if you do btw.

If you look around other 2nd tier leagues, they don't play 46 games. It's ridiculous when you think about it. All the midweek games. Drop a couple of sides from the league and you lose 4 midweek games. That's clearly what is needed.

Or bed in a proper winter break, or shorten the season.  August - May is a long old slog. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Swings in roundabouts doesn't it? Yes they've got some long journeys but then they have games just down the road against the likes of Huddersfield, Rotherham, Hull, Sheff Wed.

And Boro, Hull and Leicester and Stoke aren't a million miles away. 

They just whine for the sake of it and wonder why supporters of other clubs have no liking for them!

Edited by cidered abroad

12 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Fair play if you do btw.

Too many matches in the Championship which impacts the quality.  38 games season like the Premier League is about right.

Get rid of the EFL Cup and Trophy also and reduce midweek fixtures.  Easy!

• Like 1

Don’t mind us being called “dirty” as long as we keep clean sheets.

However, Leeds calling us “dirty” just won’t wash with many on this forum.

And finally, I have seen numerous posts where fellow Reds refer to the constant “wash, rinse, repeat” cycles at this club.

Okay, I’ll dry up now.

I don’t think Maths is Tommo’s strong point.

I looked at the numbers and his didn’t look right. Quick Look at Google and approx 1114 miles one way so 2228 round trip. The Plymouth guy is spot on.

If you’re having a whine, at least get your basic facts right. 

Edited by HappyClapper

39 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The Leeds miles are one way , Plymouth's are return

⬇️

13 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I don’t think Maths is Tommo’s strong point.

I looked at the numbers and his didn’t look right. Quick Look at Google and approx 1114 miles one way so 2228 round trip. The Plymouth guy is spot on.

If you’re having a whine, at least get your basic facts right. 

Yes a closer look tells you the Leeds fan isn’t the brightest, it’s not a one way total , I’m not sure how he came to that figure

• Like 1

15 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I was about to say 100% agree that it’s just how they fall……but I had a quick look and what I hadn’t realised is that those four games, 2200 miles, fall in the space of just 16 days! And, even worse, three of them are night games.

To be fair to Leeds (something I’m reluctant to do!) you have to say that it’s unusual for them to fall quite like that! 

Plymouths are over the space of more than a month, three on Saturdays….plus, if you support Plymouth then long trips is just what you do! 

It always amuses me that City fans use the “dirty Leeds” tag, referring back to the Revie era. We, of course, signed three of their hardest - Hunter, Cooper and Jordan - who rapidly became good guys and fan favourites! 🙂🙂