IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

Just now, Woofyourkipper said:

Your missing the point 

they wouldn’t back the last manager so why back this one?

But that is my point. It's all smoke and mirrors. If one of the talented youngsters we've bought gets sold for £10 million in a couple of years then it's done what they wanted. 

Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

True, but equally, when everyone is that poor it's rarely just down to invididual performances

Agreed, I was half thinking about adding a qualifying line about Leeds effect in those ratings, but then again I’d like to have someone say **** it and try to impose themselves with a tasty tackle, collectively they just been insipid.

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

True, but equally, when everyone is that poor it's rarely just down to invididual performances

True.

There appear to be a number on this thread who are happy to criticise the performance but not criticise the coach. When 1-2 players have a bad game, it’s players who have made mistakes. When we are - as we are today - at 8-9 having bad games then the question has to be directed at the top.

And I wish I didn’t have to put this qualification on but that’s not saying sack Manning, as he shouldn’t be. It’s saying that he’s got it wrong today, and overall over his tenure the performance is sub par, and the excuses of “time on the training ground” won’t butter any parsnips too much longer.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Agreed, I was half thinking about adding a qualifying line about Leeds effect in those ratings, but then again I’d like to have someone say **** it and try to impose themselves with a tasty tackle, collectively they just been insipid.

Some may say controlling their emotions a bit too much.  

1 minute ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Manning’s record is starting to look pretty poor! At least under Pearson we gave the top sides a game….tonight it’s been Men versus boys! Mr Lansdown, that top 6 isn’t looking likely 😡

In fairness to Manning, it's against the top sides that we've performed better under him.

It's our record against bottom half sides which been the big concern

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sadly typical Bell a couple of mins ago, makes a good steal, gets into a great position to cross, but then takes another touch and is closed down.

Really don't know what his best position is....not a winger or CF so unsure where he slots in.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

True.

There appear to be a number on this thread who are happy to criticise the performance but not criticise the coach. When 1-2 players have a bad game, it’s players who have made mistakes. When we are - as we are today - at 8-9 having bad games then the question has to be directed at the top.

And I wish I didn’t have to put this qualification on but that’s not saying sack Manning, as he shouldn’t be. It’s saying that he’s got it wrong today, and overall over his tenure the performance is sub par, and the excuses of “time on the training ground” won’t butter any parsnips too much longer.

NP was not always tactically spot on, towards the end of his tenure there did not always appear to be a plan B

• Flames 1
3 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Manning’s record is starting to look pretty poor! At least under Pearson we gave the top sides a game….tonight it’s been Men versus boys! Mr Lansdown, that top 6 isn’t looking likely 😡

We still lost all games against the top teams.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Well Mannings record is now 4 wins in 15 league games, does anyone think Pearson would have not done better?

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Mannings record was poor before tonight.  And I could take losing tonight if I saw some positive signs but it’s been horrible. Really bad. 

• Like 9