IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

On 03/02/2024 at 00:39, ChippenhamRed said:

One of the absolute worst posts I’ve ever read on here. A complete embarrassment of utter nonsense from start to finish.

Enjoy the game @SPAZZA - you deserve to win after putting up with that!

I made the effort to come on here and apologise to Spazza for stepping out of line. Are you going to do the same to me for this vile post ?

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I made the effort to come on here and apologise to Spazza for stepping out of line. Are you going to do the same to me for this vile post ?

I wasn’t personally offensive towards you, I was highly critical of your post. I played the ball not the man.

You accused a fellow football supporter of “lacking loyalty” to his club because he couldn’t get a ticket for the away end. THAT was personal, needless, and showed a complete lack of understanding of the difficulty in getting away tickets if you follow a big club with a large fanbase and don’t have a season ticket.

You knew nothing of his personal circumstances, which for all of us dictate just how “loyal” we can be to our club. It crosses a line to judge other fans loyalty to the their club with no knowledge of their situation.

Credit to you for since apologising to him. But at the time of my post, you hadn’t done that. You chose to log onto the forum and post a very forthright opinion on another football supporter, and got very forthright opinions in response - and not just from me either.

On 03/02/2024 at 07:19, blockbrowt1 said:

Top 6 squad JL? Not on tonight's performance, think deluded is the word. 😂😂

Totally agree. I just watched the extended highlights, ok Leeds were good and looked very sharp. Most probably one of the best away teams at BS3 this season. Having said that we are strides behind Leeds in many aspects. Going down 1-0 against a team that most probably will get automatic promotion this season we are still miles behind where we should be with our new “manager” sorry Liam mate I think you have either promised a lie or finally realised you have bitten off more than you can chew.

Our performance I would say is ok at a mid table championship level only. Ok FA cup run potentially would be good but with the league same old crap and inconsistent performances which lets the die hard curt fans around the world disappointed ( and yes there are quite a few of us) but most importantly the city fans that attend week in and week out and travel away deserve far better.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, City oz said:

Totally agree. I just watched the extended highlights, ok Leeds were good and looked very sharp. Most probably one of the best away teams at BS3 this season. Having said that we are strides behind Leeds in many aspects. Going down 1-0 against a team that most probably will get automatic promotion this season we are still miles behind where we should be with our new “manager” sorry Liam mate I think you have either promised a lie or finally realised you have bitten off more than you can chew.

Our performance I would say is ok at a mid table championship level only. Ok FA cup run potentially would be good but with the league same old crap and inconsistent performances which lets the die hard curt fans around the world disappointed ( and yes there are quite a few of us) but most importantly the city fans that attend week in and week out and travel away deserve far better.

The extended highlights were quite flattering to be honest.. If you’ve got access to Bein Sports watch the full ninety.. it’s harrowing. 🫣

55 minutes ago, FNQ said:

The extended highlights were quite flattering to be honest.. If you’ve got access to Bein Sports watch the full ninety.. it’s harrowing. 🫣

I watched it. Be in sports in OZ is great. We were poor. Tried but not good enough. It’s still COYReds for me but I have decided not to look at any football for the next six months as me and the wife are going to travel around OZ. I hope when I do look at where we are at in about six months I will be pleasantly surprised. I’m back in the UK for six weeks late July to early September so have decided not to look at this great forum or look at football results for six months. I need to keep my blood pressure under control. I sometimes wish that Nige was still with us  

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I wasn’t personally offensive towards you, I was highly critical of your post. I played the ball not the man.

You accused a fellow football supporter of “lacking loyalty” to his club because he couldn’t get a ticket for the away end. THAT was personal, needless, and showed a complete lack of understanding of the difficulty in getting away tickets if you follow a big club with a large fanbase and don’t have a season ticket.

You knew nothing of his personal circumstances, which for all of us dictate just how “loyal” we can be to our club. It crosses a line to judge other fans loyalty to the their club with no knowledge of their situation.

Credit to you for since apologising to him. But at the time of my post, you hadn’t done that. You chose to log onto the forum and post a very forthright opinion on another football supporter, and got very forthright opinions in response - and not just from me either.

Yeah I messed up the other day, but criticizing a fan for sitting in the home end (which by the way is against the stadium rules) is hardly the worst crime ever committed on this forum and doesn’t warrant a nasty response like that. Sure, other people called me out, but unlike yourself, they did so respectfully, none more than Spazza himself who actually educated me a lot about the number of away season ticket holders Leeds have. I was unaware such a system actually existed, and would have thought that a Friday night TV fixture wouldn’t have been too tough to get an away ticket for. Add that with a bit of alcohol and general dislike of Leeds and yeah I was a little below the belt, for sure. 

But so were you and your post absolutely WAS offensive. There was no critique of my remarks, it was nothing more than a mish mash of adjectives and superlatives used for mocking and belittlement.

If you won’t apologise then please consider the language you use in the future. This isn’t the first incident, I find that you regularly talk down to other forum members and try to make them feel small.

Edited by Wanderingred