IGNORED

Feedback from the latest SC&T meeting with BCFC

phantom

• Admin

As you will know a sub committee from the SC&T meet with the football club on a Monthly basis, as before we aim to raise  issues that have arisen since the previous months meeting and also discuss any other items that the club and / or SC&T need to address.

Our recent meeting had two very in depth discussions, one was about the future role that the Football Club would take in relation to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and how this would be actioned in the future, and additionally how the SC&T could assist in this going forward.

The second discussion was about the potential expansion of either a safe standing area or singing section. It was agreed  by all, that supporters must be involved in any consultation before anything would take place. 

It is worth highlighting that there will be NO changes made before all season ticket holders have been been contacted to determine how they would feel about any changes, and how they would feel if their current seat would be impacted. The SC&T have offered to be involved in assisting the club to determine if there is actually demand for any changes, and if so where it could be implemented. 

As both topics took up the whole meeting, Tom Rawcliffe and Jerry Tocknell kindly agreed to answer the questions that I would have raised during the meeting in an email afterwards. The questions raised and subsequent answers are below

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Admin
On 27/11/2023 at 21:32, 1960maaan said:

Is there a reason why the games aren't streamed any more?
With no parking at the HPC and games being rare at the Gate I don't get to watch the U21's at all now.

FAO @1960maaan

The viewing figures for these fixtures were low and it was not cost effective to continue to stream them.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
On 29/11/2023 at 14:32, Davefevs said:

I was chatting to Paul Binning (Exiled Robin) about this whilst it was being planned.  I don’t know if he was involved, or knew someone that was, but they wanted it away from AG - therefore to be a neutral venue.

Personally I don’t think a Bristol City Fans Forum for Bristol City Fans needs to feel neutral, but I can see why they might’ve thought that way.

Being mischievous, maybe it was cheaper to run away from AG than at AG!  That’s not as ridiculous as I make it sound! 👀

FAO @Davefevs

This actually came up during the discussion around DEI, in that the venue used was not suitable for people with disabilities.

I may be wrong but I don't believe the person you referenced was involved in the planning, but what they said is correct.

Whilst it was recognised that the fans forums had fitted better in the past being held in a pub or a less formal venue then Ashton Gate, it was agreed that in the future they would be held at the ground so to enable more people the opportunity to attend and so the facilities would be more suitable for a wider range of supporter to attend

As a footnote there is still an intention to host an event before an away fixture, but the exact date and location are not yet confirmed 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
On 30/11/2023 at 15:29, phantom said:

I'm amazed there aren't two massive Bristol City and Bristol Bears badges on the outside

All we seem to get, is on a matchday with the lights being either red or blue on the outside

On 30/11/2023 at 16:27, Henry said:

Absolutely. I guess some fans would moan about having the Bears badge on display.

Something to raise in one of your meetings?

FAO: @Henry

This has been discussed in the past and has some support.

Although the installation will not be in the short-term, it is under consideration and the practicalities of it will be explored.

• Admin
On 30/11/2023 at 16:46, bcfc01 said:

Agreed.

Plus, at the risk of repeating myself, that bit of exposed roof on the Dolman is right opposite the cameras and is crying out for Ashton Gate plus logo(s) to be written on it. Very bland as it is and I would have thought relatively easy to get something done there. 

Maybe signage could be brought up at the SC&T meeting with the club sometime ?

FAO @bcfc01

This is not something that is under consideration.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
On 16/12/2023 at 10:34, kmpowell said:

Thanks to @phantom asking the club at the fans forum for me about the lack of shirt printing available online, it transpires the online shop stock is separate from the store stock, becasue online orderes are all processed out of Huboo, so I spent Wed through to yesterday trying to call the shop directly to ask if they had any stock in-store of what in wanted. I rang the shop number (and also the number through the main IVR), solidly on Wed and Thurs, but no answer. I started ringing yesterday and again got no answer for the entire day. Late yesterday afternoon the wonderful @Dollymarie very kindly gave me @JerrySLO mobile number, and he very kindly went to check the shop even though it's not his job. Unsurprisingly, there was nothing available of what I wanted.

I am not at all surprised, but also very angry. Putting aside the fact nobody answered the phone for 3 days(!), I'm not asking for obscure things, just 2 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of socks. My son would have been engaged for another year whilst proudly turning up to football practice in his new kit, and my daughter would have her first City kit for football practice, and started her City journey. But no, thanks to the powers that be at our shit-show of a club, my kids will have neither. So frustrating, when something as basic as this is ****** up.

FAO @kmpowell 

(I wanted to check that the phone numbers were correct that were advertised)

Yes the club phone numbers are correct.

Unfortunately this is part of the wider issue regarding call waiting times and staff availability

• Admin
On 22/12/2023 at 17:10, Tim Monaghan said:

I understand it might be difficult to gain traction with this type of suggestion in terms of applause. I was considering proposing this to the Trust. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have a minute's applause for City fans who have unfortunately passed away during the season on the last home game? I believe it could be a thoughtful way to honor those fans, perhaps with their names displayed on the scoreboard. It could serve as a kind gesture from the Bristol City family to the families who have lost loved ones. Just an idea.

@phantom Has this been proposed before? Do you think it would be a good idea? 

FAO: @Tim Monaghan

Yes we do have plans to do this.

The commemorative game for supporters who have passed away over the season is likely to be on 29th March for our game against Leicester

• Like 2

• Admin
On 10/01/2024 at 14:51, Bobby girl said:

Like many others we have been charged booking fees, when so many others haven’t . Can you look into this please, I know you are very busy at the moment.Your help would be appreciated.

FAO @Bobby girl

I know you provided me more details via a personal message, but have shared your post on the open forum - can you contact @JerrySLO either via PM on here on on X please and he will assist you

If we are able to be provided with evidence of this occurring then we will look to get this addressed swiftly.

Jerry will co-ordinate if there is anything forthcoming.

• Admin
On 22/01/2024 at 11:18, Steve Watts said:

The subject of concourse murals was raised on the Liverpool celebration thread.  I've created a new topic purely so that someone on the SC&T is more likely to see it and maybe push the club to fix it! 

Whilst admittedly acknowledging our mediocrity (though I don't see an issue celebrating success relative to our standing), at least the United and Liverpool ones were historically accurate.  The Ashton Gate Eight one, however, still references a non-existent promotion in 1985! (third paragraph)

I did raise this twice with club representatives on ground tours, but obviously this wasn't fed back (which kinda makes the point of asking for feedback pointless!)

FAO @Steve Watts

I know I previously replied in the original thread you raised this in, but there has been an update since

This should now be resolved.

• Like 1

• Admin

At the recent SC&T AGM I was asked the following, so am sharing the details for those interested

Was there a reason that the men and women’s team feature in the same 2024 calendar rather than their own separate calendars.

Concerns were also raised at how late the product went on sale 

No major reason for this, other than we are one club.

The calendars sold out so they did prove popular, although we acknowledge that the calendars were received late and this will need to improved heading into next year.

• Admin

At the recent SC&T AGM I was asked the following, so am sharing the details for those interested

With an increase in parking restrictions being applied recently (Ashton Road) are the club looking at an alternative off-site parking options to increase parking around the ground?
No, this isn’t something that is being explored.

We would encourage supporters to make use of the park and ride schemes that are already in place if it is becoming increasingly difficult for them to park at a convenient location.

• Haha 1

• Admin
On 09/01/2024 at 19:49, phantom said:

Were there any other additional problems to the below as the SC&T are meeting with the club next on the 23rd so I will feed back 

- Ticket prices being higher than advertised 

- Some getting additional booking fee

- Calling the club but getting no answer 

- Season ticket seat not showing on account 

- Previously linked accounts no longer showing 

The above were general questions that arose for the West Ham FA Cup replay that I had verbally asked at a previous SC&T meeting

It is worth pointing out that there queries were not raised for the FA Cup fixture against Nottingham Forest

The club acknowledged that there was an error in the ticket price entered for one area of the ground - those that paid the higher amount in error have all had the difference refunded to them

All tickets should have had the additional booking fee - there was an error in a small section of the ground that didn't generate this additional fee

Please see the previous response above from the club regarding phone numbers

People were not clicking on the correct tab and were therefor not seeing their seat as available, when it had actually already already been reserved for them to purchase.

In addition to the above when people were not seeing their seat available they were setting up another account in their name thus all previous tickets and information relating to their actual account was now not linked

There was a discussion that in the future additional comms explaining where specifically to click could also be released 

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

FAO @Bobby girl

I know you provided me more details via a personal message, but have shared your post on the open forum - can you contact @JerrySLO either via PM on here on on X please and he will assist you

If we are able to be provided with evidence of this occurring then we will look to get this addressed swiftly.

Jerry will co-ordinate if there is anything forthcoming.

I contacted Jerry on the 10th of January but did not have any reply, so I thought that I would contact you. It was fees for both cup games.Not to worry Phantom , I only queried it because others said that they had not been charged, thanks anyway.

Edited by Bobby girl
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

FAO: @Henry

This has been discussed in the past and has some support.

Although the installation will not be in the short-term, it is under consideration and the practicalities of it will be explored.

Thanks for raising this issue.  Strange response from the club.  

The majority of clubs across the country have their name and crest on the outside of the stadium including us before the redevelopment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 30/11/2023 at 16:46, bcfc01 said:

Agreed.

Plus, at the risk of repeating myself, that bit of exposed roof on the Dolman is right opposite the cameras and is crying out for Ashton Gate plus logo(s) to be written on it. Very bland as it is and I would have thought relatively easy to get something done there. 

Maybe signage could be brought up at the SC&T meeting with the club sometime ?

FAO @bcfc01

This is not something that is under consideration

Any reason why its not even open for consideration?

This is Bristol, This is Ashton Gate. Promote it

• Like 2

With an increase in parking restrictions being applied recently (Ashton Road) are the club looking at an alternative off-site parking options to increase parking around the ground?

We would encourage supporters to make use of the park and ride schemes that are already in place if it is becoming increasingly difficult for them to park at a convenient location.

I wonder if they’ve actually used the Park and Ride schemes, because my perception with the AG2 is that it’s starting to creak at the seams a little.  Would be great to see a service from the  North of Bristol. 

• Like 2

A further point on this. I use the AG1 service and although it's normally a convenient option for me, the recent large crowds have highlighted how difficult it would be if more fans use them.

After the Forest game it took 30 minutes or so for me to get a bus back from outside the Robins, this was despite a "bus wrangler" being on hand to try and organise queues etc. 

I know the pick up has always been from outside the Robins, but the queues for the bus and the passing supporters who aren't using the bus often collide in a bit of a mess. 

Would it be possible to consider using the industrial park area or somewhere similar, away from the crowds, this is how it's done in Sunderland for example.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Any reason why its not even open for consideration?

This is Bristol, This is Ashton Gate. Promote it

I have been previously told that they want to keep it plain as possible to avoid non sports clients being put off using the stadium for events on non match days

• Facepalm 3

5 hours ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Thanks for raising this issue.  Strange response from the club.  

The majority of clubs across the country have their name and crest on the outside of the stadium including us before the redevelopment.

Yes…. But, as a club apparantly the main priority now is diversity equality inclusivity blah blah …. (without any fan consulation)
Fwiw i see alot of “diverse” people around AG, matchday staff & fans. Is Bristol sport is just ticking another box on this issue while not addressing what the fans want? 

18 hours ago, phantom said:

FAO: @Tim Monaghan

Yes we do have plans to do this.

The commemorative game for supporters who have passed away over the season is likely to be on 29th March for our game against Leicester

Thanks for all this Phantom, much appreciated. And I hope @Tim Monaghan won't mind me hijacking his question with a comment.

It's a great idea, and pleasing that there are plans to do something.

But I hope that the planning will include some 'learning' from what happened when we visited Birmingham a few weeks ago. I don't know if you were there?

They had what seemed like an annual event to mark those who'd passed away during the year - I assume they do it at the end of the calendar year. They had names on the scoreboard and read them out. And to begin with it got attention and respectful applause. After 2-3 minutes, when they'd reached the letter "C" in the alphabetical list, it became apparent that this was going to last a long long time - most of half time in the event. And it just lost all impact: people ignored it, chatted over it, and it just felt like it was never going to end. 

Hopefully, we'll find a better way to do it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Thanks for all this Phantom, much appreciated. And I hope @Tim Monaghan won't mind me hijacking his question with a comment.

But I hope that the planning will include some 'learning' from what happened when we visited Birmingham a few weeks ago. I don't know if you were there?

They had what seemed like an annual event to mark those who'd passed away during the year - I assume they do it at the end of the calendar year. They had names on the scoreboard and read them out. And to begin with it got attention and respectful applause. After 2-3 minutes, when they'd reached the letter "C" in the alphabetical list, it became apparent that this was going to last a long long time - most of half time in the event. And it just lost all impact: people ignored it, chatted over it, and it just felt like it was never going to end. 

They used the big screen last time, and just did it like a slideshow.

@Shuffle how did you find it (your dad was shows - rip Shuffles snr)?  I thought it worked really well.

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Personally, I would do names on the score board and a minute applause to stop that from happening and have the best impact. 

• Like 1