IGNORED

A4 portway closed

Full nelson

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Does anyone know if the AG1 takes a different route or if it doesn’t run ?

Keep an eye on the club accounts on social media, they're aware of the problem so hopefully they will hear back from First and update accordingly 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kingswood Village said:

Also, does anyone ever use the Long Ashton P&R? Know where it drops off and picks up?

Drops off at the old Megabowl. Two stops. Going back, you might as well walk.

Best check the times though, with a 8pm KO. I’m not sure when it closes. 

Just now, Back of the Dolman said:

Isn’t that just for parking ?

You can get the bus a couple of stops, it’s slightly closer. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

Happened about 2.30pm - was caught in the queue but turned around when the two fire engines turned up and blocked the road 😬 There were also lots of police & ambulances

Any idea if this is before or after Bridge Valley Road? (Based on a journey that would use Bridge Valley on the way to BS3)

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Any idea if this is before or after Bridge Valley Road? (Based on a journey that would use Bridge Valley on the way to BS3)

Understand it is shut between Bridge Valley & Sylvan Way .... we turned round and went up BV Road and two police cars were coming down I think to shut the road ... so you s/b OK coming down but expect it will be busier than normal

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is between Bridge Valley and Avonmouth. Should be OK coming down BV.

• Thanks 1

FWIW if you are driving down the Portway from the M5 it's probably quicker to exit at Portbury and come in that way down Rownham Hill past Bemmy cricket club even without the accident/closure. I live north of Bristol and I don't bother exiting the M5 at Avonmouth due to the regular long queues on the Portway and use the route above.

The P & R will use the Shirehampton Rd I expect and then Stoke Hill, Downs, past where the zoo was and down Bridge Valley.

Hope everyone gets there ok.

38 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This will presumably impact the Leeds` fans coaches too.

They apparently have only one official coach. I guess they must be a lot of private coaches from them or the usual train and car. I've never known a club to only have one coach though!

• Thanks 1