IGNORED

Tins on RB

Tomo

Just listened, not as bad as I feared (low bar).

Obvious from it that both King (which we knew) & James aren’t getting new contracts.

Think we all know Conway won’t sign another one, too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Obvious from it that both King (which we knew) & James aren’t getting new contracts.

And Twine probably isn’t going to be sticking around. Good to get confirmation we have an option on the other lad though. 

Edited by petehinton

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think we’ll probably lose Cam too.. he can’t go on playing as well as he has without drawing some serious attention.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Williams as well would be my guess, heard Preston are interested in him .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Conway is overrated. He can be lazy. Doesn't react to situations quick enough. Wells still better for the team. Offers of £5million would sell asap.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, Leabrook said:

This summer could see us lose James, Williams, Conway, Wells, Pring, Twine, Cornick and King from the current squad. Some rightly and some wrongly but that is 8 senior players.  Another summer of overhaul.  

The good thing is that I'm only gutted about losing Pring ( though would be for a good wedge of cash) and Conway.

Twine was/ is not currently an option.

The rest can go. Large wages for some, inconsistent for others or in Wells and Kings case, their best years have passed.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, WECANDO said:

Conway is overrated. He can be lazy. Doesn't react to situations quick enough. Wells still better for the team. Offers of £5million would sell asap.. 

goal at home to West Ham was good reaction. Goal away to West Ham showed his class.  With one year left on contract we may well sell for £5-6m but with a longer contract he’s better than that.  Look how many goals he scored when he used to get service.  I think you underrate him 

• Like 8

Tinnion can be as upbeat as he likes, I’ve not bothered listening but, if and I know it’s a big IF, but if Plymouth win their two games in hand then they go above us… Just think about that. 

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

The good thing is that I'm only gutted about losing Pring ( though would be for a good wedge of cash) and Conway.

Twine was/ is not currently an option.

The rest can go. Large wages for some, inconsistent for others or in Wells and Kings case, their best years have passed.

I don’t disagree but can any manager overhaul a squad and achieve play offs next season?  A big ask that 

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Completely @GrahamC

"So in the summer we're looking for a big strong, quick forward to play as a number 9" ie not Tommy

"But we would still love Tommy to sign a new contract"

"We need to improve our forward options". Read everyone is going from our current forwards (Conway, Cornick and dare I say it Wells?)

"There are funds available from Alex, Antoine deals and..." BT was gagging to say the money we'll get for Conway.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Bristol City - "Building for tomorrow, when we'll build for tomorrow again"

Like literally this.

2 and a half years rebuilding to enter this season with high hopes. Straight into another rebuild 

Honestly I hate them , very stupid people

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

So we will lose 6/7/8 players but then already have Stokes, Murphy, Palmer-Houlden, Bird and maybe Medube in. Two strikers as well. So that’s pretty much all the outgoings covered already.  Two strikers and maybe a left back if Pring goes as the only actual signings from here 

• Hmmm 1

32 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

This summer could see us lose James, Williams, Conway, Wells, Pring, Twine, Cornick and King from the current squad. Some rightly and some wrongly but that is 8 senior players.  Another summer of overhaul.  

Yep. Rebuild the rebuild. Same cycle over and over again. Just back the decent guy who was in charge. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

So we will lose 6/7/8 players but then already have Stokes, Murphy, Palmer-Houlden, Bird and maybe Medube in. Two strikers as well. So that’s pretty much all the outgoings covered already.  Two strikers and maybe a left back if Pring goes as the only actual signings from here 

Sounds like the makings of a decent League one side, being built.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2
  • Flames 1

Why us Pring, contracted until 2026 getting sold seemingly.

We are not under pressure to sell as such, we know this. I know sometimes it can be inevitable ie Scott but that should've been the last big sale for a while IMO.

Accept Conway is a greater risk given the lack of contract progress but maybe just maybe one year after 2 seasons of heavy lifting keep your best, add a bit more depth and go for the top 6, more specifically the playoffs.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I thought Conway was behaving quite petulantly last night, lots of arm waving and pointing.

Probably understandable when living off crumbs for service, I for one will be sorry to see him go, but like you and others I think it inevitable, he will be a success elsewhere.

I can’t bring myself to listen to listen to be honest, the hypocrisy and bull from previous interviews still rankles.

9 minutes ago, RedReg said:

Makes me laugh how we all of a sudden have a "budget" now Nige has gone after not being able to bring anyone in when Scott was sold in the summer 

I said on another thread after Scott had been sold that SL was probably keeping the funds back for the next manager. 

• Like 1