IGNORED

Tins on RB

Tomo

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

I can’t help feeling we are missing a trick not embracing someone with his knowledge , experience and personality , a Premier a league Winner , who also has a chunk of his heart in Bristol City

I agree with this too but also wonder if there’s an element of King not wanting a role due to who he’s learning from.

This is a bit simplistic but, from a professional development perspective, he could have been guided by and learning from a very real-world experienced Nige; but would now be guided by and learning from Manning. With all due respect to Manning, he’s probably learnt modern, front foot, football 101 while doing his badges and has more practical knowledge of its application.

He’s an absolute legend at Leicester, so my prediction is he’ll end up there, coaching within a Prem set-up. It’s a shame for us though.

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, Countryfile said:

In 1976 I walked up the steps into Highbury with my Dad and his words are still ringing in my ears, he said “I never thought I’d live to see this day” he was 51 and had supported man and boy since he could stand up and had long dreamed of seeing his team in the first division (as was).

Fast forward to 2023, I am considerably older than my father was in 76, and I don’t dream of seeing us in the Prem, it simply won’t happen in my remaining lifetime, and call me pessimistic but while the people who currently run the club continue to do so, it will never happen.

If as a City fan anyone believes we will get to the promised land under the present regime then good luck to you, I genuinely think you have more chance of winning the lottery first prize than achieving promotion.

I won’t try and justify my statement, I’ll just refer you to the definition of insanity by dear old uncle Albert.

Although I was too young for 76, I was for 78/79, so the yearning to see top-flight football isn’t there for me…although I of course want to see us promoted.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

No.  Its likely that both will be released.

I think BT was referring to the u15/u16s ? 

He referenced that again the other night.

Think the 16 year old Tins has said PL clubs are watching is Henry Kasvosve isn’t it?

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

BT mentioned the younger group the other night but Yeboah, Morrison and Meerholtz are still 17 and look to have a very good future tbf.

Araoye is 19 now and has his pathway blocked at CB or LB, and needs a loan higher up the pyramid than WSM - or a brilliant pre-season.

Heard he’s had a few “growing pains” issues of sorts…growing too big!

37 minutes ago, TomSutton said:

He did I believe mainly against Swindon (unsure). But he is the real deal especially physically at his age group is head and shoulders above others in the midfield battle.

Exeter iirc.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

BT mentioned the younger group the other night but Yeboah, Morrison and Meerholtz are still 17 and look to have a very good future tbf.

Araoye is 19 now and has his pathway blocked at CB or LB, and needs a loan higher up the pyramid than WSM - or a brilliant pre-season.

There will be a vacancy at LCB soon enough - once someone puts Naismith out of his misery.

A successful loan next season will see Araoye knocking on the door.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Although I was too young for 76, I was for 78/79, so the yearning to see top-flight football isn’t there for me…although I of course want to see us promoted.

Think the 16 year old Tins has said PL clubs are watching is Henry Kasvosve isn’t it?

Exeter iirc.

Think it is Dave. Was signed into the academy at 9, so a proper homegrowner

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exeter iirc.

Any idea why Nelson is currently within the 18 when there are others arguably better positioned to come on and play closer to the level needed. He doesn’t ever get on either I also don’t believe he’s signed a pro yet although am unsure on that

4 minutes ago, TomSutton said:

Any idea why Nelson is currently within the 18 when there are others arguably better positioned to come on and play closer to the level needed. He doesn’t ever get on either I also don’t believe he’s signed a pro yet although am unsure on that

Certainly no announcement re pro.  My xls literally has one entry - “signed from BIC (01.02.21)”

2 hours ago, Countryfile said:

In 1976 I walked up the steps into Highbury with my Dad and his words are still ringing in my ears, he said “I never thought I’d live to see this day” he was 51 and had supported man and boy since he could stand up and had long dreamed of seeing his team in the first division (as was).

Fast forward to 2023, I am considerably older than my father was in 76, and I don’t dream of seeing us in the Prem, it simply won’t happen in my remaining lifetime, and call me pessimistic but while the people who currently run the club continue to do so, it will never happen.

If as a City fan anyone believes we will get to the promised land under the present regime then good luck to you, I genuinely think you have more chance of winning the lottery first prize than achieving promotion.

I won’t try and justify my statement, I’ll just refer you to the definition of insanity by dear old uncle Albert.

I’m 50 mate and I feel the same. I felt sick watching us getting absolutely schooled by a load of mercenaries wearing Leeds Utd shirts on Friday as the penny dropped that I will never see us in the top flight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Certainly no announcement re pro.  My xls literally has one entry - “signed from BIC (01.02.21)”

Lot of my friends have played with him at BIC weird how he’s not on a pro sure he will at the end of the season I play with his brother at SGS certainly a very talented footballing family I know Nelson is very highly thought of in the club but am confused why he’s not on a pro.

BIC (Bristol Inner City) are a top JPL team when it comes to producing talent two of the lads I play with are with England C now others include Yeboah, Morrison and Nelson with more too definitely one of those teams with great links as I know they play the youth city teams in a showcase match in pre season every year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TomSutton said:

I really rate him. But agree it makes no sense him being on the bench atm when we aren’t even playing a formation that would suit wingers. 

Just now, petehinton said:

I really rate him. But agree it makes no sense him being on the bench atm when we aren’t even playing a formation that would suit wingers. 

Bizarre, he’s an out and out winger too often playing high and wide to utilise his pace (he’s on 5”7 pushing 5”8) so unless we would bring him on for Mehmeti in the half left space not sure where he gets on in truth.

1 minute ago, TomSutton said:

Bizarre, he’s an out and out winger too often playing high and wide to utilise his pace (he’s on 5”7 pushing 5”8) so unless we would bring him on for Mehmeti in the half left space not sure where he gets on in truth.

Seems an obvious wing back to me Tom 😗😉

Chuck him in !

Hes a runner ? (Source The Sage) - what else is there to consider 😉

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Seems an obvious wing back to me Tom 😗😉

Chuck him in !

Hes a runner ? (Source The Sage) - what else is there to consider 😉

Not sure he’s even played right wing back in his life let alone against what I imagine will be a near enough full strength premier league side away! 🤣

1 minute ago, TomSutton said:

Not sure he’s even played right wing back in his life let alone against what I imagine will be a near enough full strength premier league side away! 🤣

When you pointed this out .... the silence and spluttering was priceless , and long overdue

Brilliant 👍🏻

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, !james said:

At least people who don't have to watch us every week are positive about our future... 

maybe they know better than us and see us sweeping up a lot of talent as a good strategy as opposed to paying top £ in a couple of years and being priced out 

The future we all wish for will never come with present owners and arguably not whilst we are under the ludicrous BS umbrella.

i am now reconciled to never again in my lifetime, aged 78, seeing City play in top flight.  Much more likely see them play in equivalent of old division 3 South

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

There will be a vacancy at LCB soon enough - once someone puts Naismith out of his misery.

A successful loan next season will see Araoye knocking on the door.

Rob Atkinson?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TomSutton said:

From my perspective it appears to be he has a close circle of people he can trust and delegate responsibility too but if your not in that, then it’s extremely difficult to get into and that is where I believe king is now.

Stubbornness is seemingly coming across quite a lot with LM.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Stubbornness is seemingly coming across quite a lot with LM.

Stubborn or a potential control freak when it comes to how he wants the team to prepare evidenced with our new training pitch markings which is the way I look at it. Either way I feel he needs to add some form of adaptability to his tactical game as it’s all well and good us focusing on ourselves but we need to counteract the opposition as well.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

All it does is show your ignorance of how recruitment works at Bristol City 

Not really as all I said was that I imagine the manager would probably be in charge of who we sign. Ignorance would be you thinking you know any better. 

On 03/02/2024 at 12:13, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why us Pring, contracted until 2026 getting sold seemingly.

We are not under pressure to sell as such, we know this. I know sometimes it can be inevitable ie Scott but that should've been the last big sale for a while IMO.

Accept Conway is a greater risk given the lack of contract progress but maybe just maybe one year after 2 seasons of heavy lifting keep your best, add a bit more depth and go for the top 6, more specifically the playoffs.

Meet the lansdowns 

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

i am now reconciled to never again in my lifetime, aged 78, seeing City play in top flight.  Much more likely see them play in equivalent of old division 3 South

Chin up Ivor.. those who have only been supporting City for the last 40 years or so will never get to experience it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

Not really as all I said was that I imagine the manager would probably be in charge of who we sign. Ignorance would be you thinking you know any better. 

In fairness I owe you an apology, I didn’t see the other post. Sorry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TomSutton said:

Stubborn or a potential control freak when it comes to how he wants the team to prepare evidenced with our new training pitch markings which is the way I look at it. Either way I feel he needs to add some form of adaptability to his tactical game as it’s all well and good us focusing on ourselves but we need to counteract the opposition as well.

I reckon I might trademark that word when it comes to LM!

it’s one of the things that I can’t figure out about him. We have appointed what is, on paper a young and progressive coach bursting with ideas from a great education (West Ham, Man City). Every box would say he’d be the man to be innovative and break things. But he’s the polar opposite - he’s massively structured in all means - probably over structured - and has shown an inability to cope if things change outside of his plan.

Some of that you could put down to adapting to the new level, but if you seek out MK Dons comments from the EP when he was appointed “Didn’t seem to be able to turn it around when the plan wasn’t working” and Oxfords forum “Often poor second half after good first half” then it becomes more apparent it’s a character trait. And to be clear, that’s fine - he’s a planner, he’s organised - and if he has the best players or things click to that plan, it works.

My broad concern is that his particular character aspect has its flaws exposed at a higher level for two reasons - we won’t have the best players, and because the opposition managers are more likely to adapt themselves and throw his plan off.

I think I posted after the Soton game when we had the pattern of great first half then not “countering the counter” that it had the signs of a pattern. It definitely is now, and he needs to find a way to break it. But it might not be in his character.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Rob Atkinson?

Yes Araoye as deputy to Atkinson when Naismith is gone.

What to do with Knight-Lebel then - as 2 into 3 won't go if he's competing with Vyner and Dickie for RCB. Sell him like Towler? Or perhaps compete with McCrorie for RB to start with and Tanner becomes expendable. Carey and Vyner both started at RB before moving to RCB, maybe that's the plan for Knight-Lebel too.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Thanks 1