IGNORED

Bob Taylor

Bobtherobin

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The best player Ive ever seen in a city shirt doesn't have anything to remember him by at the gate. Its not right. He was better than Carey and Murray. Fact 

In your opinion.

11 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The best player Ive ever seen in a city shirt doesn't have anything to remember him by at the gate. Its not right. He was better than Carey and Murray. Fact 

In my opinion, the best centre forward we have had since Cheesley. Power, scored from outside the box, poacher and could bang them in with his head 

• Thanks 1

Our loss was definitely WBA's gain. Gutted when we let him go 😭 Would've won the title that fateful year if he hadn't got injured in the run. The sags couldn't believe their luck. Scored a worldie v crewe, think we won 4-2 & he done his hamstring in the process? 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Just because you put fact at the end doesn’t make it true. How can you compare a striker with a right winger & a centre half . Utter bollocks 

• Flames 1

That 89/90 team ran like clockwork. A perfect blend. My fondest city memories followed closely by Cotts side. The GJ side was good but don't recall quite the same fluidity, especially after Adebola was signed 🤦‍♂️(apologies for going off on a slight tangent). Bob Bob, Super Bob, Super Bobby Taylor! 😍

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, INCRED said:

In my opinion, the best centre forward we have had since Cheesley. Power, scored from outside the box, poacher and could bang them in with his head 

Loved him to bits but Cole, Akinbiyi, Abraham even Kodja scored more goals at Championship level for us and surely were simply better players?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The best player Ive ever seen in a city shirt doesn't have anything to remember him by at the gate. It’s not right. He was better than Carey and Murray. Fact 

Was Taylor a long serving defender or top winger? Was he a top goalkeeper?Iirc Taylor was a striker. Four very different positions impossible to compare.

Gerry Gow was my favourite player but he’d have been crap in goal or at CB

Maybe you should have said Taylor was your favourite player rather than the best.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Our loss was definitely WBA's gain. Gutted when we let him go 😭 Would've won the title that fateful year if he hadn't got injured in the run. The sags couldn't believe their luck. Scored a worldie v crewe, think we won 4-2 & he done his hamstring in the process? 

Just checked and it was 4-1 v Crewe. After that we only won 2 out of the last 7 including that horrible night at Twerton, which was the rearranged game after they threw the original fixture earlier in the year! 

Other fond Bob memories being Swansea & Fulham away

24 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wasn't that Carl Shutt?

Nope Noggers, definitely Bob.

Right at the end of the 88/89 season (came a few days after the Hillsborough tragedy), Shutt famously moved to Leeds as a makeweight in the transfer.

Shutt once scored all 4 in a win over Fulham, I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Nope Noggers, definitely Bob.

Right at the end of the 88/89 season (came a few days after the Hillsborough tragedy), Shutt famously moved to Leeds as a makeweight in the transfer.

Shutt once scored all 4 in a win over Fulham, I think.

Also remember the win v Palace in the league Cup. I was in the East End. Shutt bagged one (diving header from memory?) & milne got two, one was sublime with outside of his boot & backspin.🙌