IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

You do realise we wouldn't have got to a shoot out if it wasn't for Sam's great defending, and that he set up Nakhi for what should have been the winner? 

I already did a reply for the other response, It was just a reaction. I have nothing against his missed penalty, it happens, Mbappe missed at Euros and France went out. I don't particularly have Sam Bell in my top City players, but he does his job and he has time to develop, but this has nothing to do with my little post, it was just a reaction.

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Reasonable point, maybe a more experienced and composed player might have been a wiser choice.

Of course you can argue it the other way and say that as a forward, it makes sense for him to take one.

This, why can’t a penalty decision be questioned? Surely tactically you go for players with the best composure. Disappointed if someone like James didn’t step forward or the manager chose them. 

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bet there are a few gutted that Cornick scored.

The goal that didn't count for shit, yes. His third goal total for the team which is appalling considering his prominence in the side, and you'd prefer to slate people who point that out instead of actually mitigating it.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Giving Sam Bell a penalty to take is like England giving Saka a penalty against Italy.

The experienced players should have stepped up imo.

He’s likely willingly stepped forward and put his neck on the line. Cannot fault him for doing so. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

Wouldn’t say scapegoating Bell. Reality is he missed his pen which cost us. Not like a World Cup final though so hopefully doesn’t beat himself up over it.

If he tried to beat himself  up he'd probably  miss .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 3

24 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Bristol City will be kicking themselves if they do not get the job done.

They've had so many chances.

We'd miss!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Not denying that but he’s the sort of player you just know isn’t going to score a pressure pen. Why not Matty James?

Captain ******* hindsight.

Matty James has never taken a single penalty in his entire pro career, Bell is a striker.

Really easy to be wise after the event.

I was more concerned about Mehmeti but fair play to him, he scored.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

Wouldn’t say scapegoating Bell. Reality is he missed his pen which cost us. Not like a World Cup final though so hopefully doesn’t beat himself up over it.

Well in the 2nd period of ET; Wells, James & Cornick all missed chances to score that from their descriptions were easy to score than a pen!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Really? Not knocking the performance at all, but would rather of lost in 90mins than the extra half hour plus stress of penalties with a league game less than 3 days away!

Great effort from the players though, shame we couldn’t get the win.

Yeah this - it’s kind of the worst of all worlds. 120 minutes played, a heartbreaking exit and a long away trip on Saturday. No blame to anyone involved but if you’d offered a 2-0 normal time loss to the management vs a penalty shoot out exit, they’d have no doubt taken it! Just have to hope not too drained and the at least 3 reinforcements add some legs against Boro

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Unfortunately the positives will be tempered with the realisation that the fa cup was our only chance of “doing” anything this season, and it’s still only February. 

Well if it makes you feel better we can technically still comfortably make the playoffs.

Realistically, we've known since the Summer that we're a mid table side.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We desperately need a 9 that can stick the ball in the net. 

When I made this point a few days ago that that was what was needed from last summer onwards all I got was a bucket load of sarky emojis and countless stroppy comments from the usual suspects 😗

I can see the usual melts are online again tonight taking some glee about losing to a prem team.

Playing 120 mins on a Wed with  a 2-3 hour drive back to Bristol before a trip to Boro on Sat does not bode well for a positive result, so there’ll be a few who will be creaming themselves in anticipation for a forum meltdown.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1