IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

Better players than Sam miss penalties.. Harry Kane anyone? It happens..

But couldn’t see it obviously, but sounded so much better than Friday.. We can handle a loss against a good side if we put in a performance like that. Where were these performances against, Millwall, Blackburn, Huddersfield etc.. we’d be in the play offs..

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Not denying that but he’s the sort of player you just know isn’t going to score a pressure pen. Why not Matty James?

Maybe James was down as the 5th penalty taker. Which more often than not is the real pressure one? 

We had Cornick, Bell, Wells & Mehmeti take pens. 
We don’t know who the 5th was. 
But only James & Williams were likely, as I doubt Tanner, Vyner, Dickie or Lebel were up for it? 

That’s all we had. If James had taken it and missed I’d imagine you’d be saying “why didn’t Bell take one - he’s a striker” 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

With the players left on, Bell should have been 7/8 on the list.

Hindsight maybe but always felt he was likely to miss and we were chasing it from there.

Irritates me so much that the best penalty takers dont go first and some never end up taking them in shoot-outs because of that.

How are we to know who the best penalty takers are…?!? Who are the 7 players that should’ve been ahead of him?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

With the players left on, Bell should have been 7/8 on the list.

Hindsight maybe but always felt he was likely to miss and we were chasing it from there.

Irritates me so much that the best penalty takers dont go first and some never end up taking them in shoot-outs because of that.

Perhaps he is one of our better takers usually.

60 minutes for Roberts, King and Cornick accumulatively. Over 80 minutes for McCrorie (most he's managed so far)

Around 40 mins for Jamie Knight-Lebel. That'll do him some good.

Other fringe players getting minutes. That hopefully will do us some favours for fitness as a squad in the league.

• Like 2

Just now, cityexile said:

That is you take away from tonight. Seriously?

Nope. I take away we shouldve won and once again missed several chances to have won the game. 
My opinion on Bell is not swayed by a penalty. Hes not good enough and will never be. Simple as. 

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

What I would say is there was some smart management of players time tonight.

James & Knight got an hour, Conway 75 & Wells the balance plus McCrorie 80 odd minutes, Tanner had an hour.

Pring & TGH got the night off & the new lad is available for the bench on Saturday.

I get your point but although it’s a shit way to lose it is far better than the pasting some were predicting after we named a side with Andy King in it.

Yeah I'm trying to run through the list I'm my head, but not too many of our starting 11 on Saturday will have tons of minutes in their legs. I guess (outfield) it will be Dickie and Vyner toughing it out.

Pring and Tanner/McCrorie will be okay. 

TGH and James to start in midfield maybe? Knight will be okay.

Conway fine up top and so just those wide forwards to think about. Dire wasn't going to start, I don't think. Maybe Wells and Cornick can start?

Just now, Harry said:

Maybe James was down as the 5th penalty taker. Which more often than not is the really pressure one? 

We had Cornick, Bell, Wells & Mehmeti take pens. 
We don’t know who the 5th was. 
But only James & Williams were likely, as I doubt Tanner, Vyner, Dickie or Lebel were up for it? 

That’s all we had. If James had taken it and missed I’d imagine you’d be saying “why didn’t Bell take one - he’s a striker” 

Dickie would have been a decent option. I just never had confidence Sam would score. A shame, he just isn’t that type of player. I feel for him but football is ruthless and debates on penalties will always be had. 

Just now, nickolas said:

Nope. I take away we shouldve won and once again missed several chances to have won the game. 
My opinion on Bell is not swayed by a penalty. Hes not good enough and will never be. Simple as. 

If Cornick had missed this place would have gone into meltdown. 

• Like 3

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Are some people thick or just on a wind up?  They will know who the best penalty takers are because they will practise penalties. If Bell is taking one he’s in the top 5 penalty takers out of the 11 on the pitch.  It’s pretty simple stuff 

I’d say mostly preconceived agendas. Just as well Cornick didn’t miss his.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Dickie would have been a decent option. I just never had confidence Sam would score. A shame, he just isn’t that type of player. I feel for him but football is ruthless and debates on penalties will always be had. 

How the **** do you know Dickie would be a decent choice? 

• Like 1