IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

Just got to see the highlights for the first time,.....superb shot and save from Tommy first half, great snapshot from James, and although Wells maybe, should have done better, so should Cornick from a great Nakhi set up?  We looked excellent.  All i would say about Sam Bell's pen, was that my coach told me years ago, that all keepers want to be a hero in a shoot out, and almost always commit....so put it as hard as possible down the middle?  Still, he's a professional footballer, and i'm not?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Just got to see the highlights for the first time,.....superb shot and save from Tommy first half, great snapshot from James, and although Wells maybe, should have done better, so should Cornick from a great Nakhi set up?  We looked excellent.  All i would say about Sam Bell's pen, was that my coach told me years ago, that all keepers want to be a hero in a shoot out, and almost always commit....so put it as hard as possible down the middle?  Still, he's a professional footballer, and i'm not?

I notice the apparent “clown” in goal had another good game. That save from Gibbs White was right out of the top drawer tbf.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

Apologies if it's been done to death on this thread but was VAR in use last night?

Be interested in seeing the Forest goal from another angle and what part of the body it came off...

Yep there were two VAR checks. One for their goal and another for a potential penalty for us. 

I'm baffled how their goal stood. It certainly looked to have hit his hand.

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm baffled how their goal stood. It certainly looked to have hit his hand.

Had a little look and not a single mention of a possible handball on either Nottingham Forest forum.

I do think it quite possibly was though, albeit watched it numerous times and not sure either way..if not his arm/hand then what.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Had a little look and not a single mention of a possible handball on either Nottingham Forest forum.

I do think it quite possibly was though, albeit watched it numerous times and not sure either way..if not his arm/hand then what.

My understanding is any contact with the hand/arm means a goal should be ruled out? Even if its accidental? 

I'll be haply to be proved wrong but I'm certain that it hit his arm/hand. 

This is where VAR needs to improve. If you're at home watching on TV they show you the decision so that's not too bad. But actually in the ground you don't know anything other than what the decision is. It's the next day and we are still none the wiser and that's not good enough. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My understanding is any contact with the hand/arm means a goal should be ruled out? Even if its accidental? 

I'll be haply to be proved wrong but I'm certain that it hit his arm/hand. 

This is where VAR needs to improve. If you're at home watching on TV they show you the decision so that's not too bad. But actually in the ground you don't know anything other than what the decision is. It's the next day and we are still none the wiser and that's not good enough. 

Can only assume it was a correct call because if it wasn't then it cost us big time and Manning didn't mention it but it didn't look right.

If it was wrong despite checking via VAR then that  is a disgrace.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can only assume it was a correct call because if it wasn't then it cost us big time and Manning didn't mention it but it didn't look right.

If it was wrong despite checking via VAR then that  is a disgrace.

I've looked at it again now and with what I saw with my own eyes I definitely think it was hand ball. 

Looking at the highlights tho I thunk there may actually be two handballs. One from Origi who was credited with the goal and possibly from the No 8 aswell. But that could just be the camera angle. 

But as we are little Bristol City we'll never get to see the VAR video. 

I can only assume that VAR didn't have an available angle to definitely say it was hand ball. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've looked at it again now and with what I saw with my own eyes I definitely think it was hand ball. 

Looking at the highlights tho I thunk there may actually be two handballs. One from Origi who was credited with the goal and possibly from the No 8 aswell. But that could just be the camera angle. 

But as we are little Bristol City we'll never get to see the VAR video. 

I can only assume that VAR didn't have an available angle to definitely say it was hand ball. 

The bit in bold is the key point. Because they've not given it on field, the VAR has to find something that would overturn that call. We have to assume they haven't been able to do so.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The bit in bold is the key point. Because they've not given it on field, the VAR has to find something that would overturn that call. We have to assume they haven't been able to do so.

I can see your point but VAR has been a complete shambles all season. Loads of clear and obvious errors have not been awarded by the three blind mice in the VAR box. 
The football managers are afraid to say anything for the risk of being charged and fined, yet the incompetence of officials appears to be unpunished 😱
Pearson once commented I could plaster my walls with their excuses 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

25 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Looking at the highlights again, it really does look like it comes off of his hand/arm .
s there another angle anywhere ? Surely VAR has more than one.

• Like 1

Just caught up with the highlights. Looks like we played some good stuff but weren’t clinical enough. Not sure how that Wells chance didn’t go in. Their winning penalty had an element of luck too with Max getting a hand to it. 

• Like 1

If you fast forward to the correct bit, rewind and fast forward and pause..

I don't see what else it could be for the Origi goal other than hand or arm but it isn't clearcut.

It looks clear cut to me by the number of city players pointing to their hands !

just VAR being a waste of space and total shambles 

• Thanks 1

If you fast forward to the correct bit, rewind and fast forward and pause..

I don't see what else it could be for the Origi goal other than hand or arm but it isn't clearcut.

I've looked a few times, all it can be with that movement is ball hitting hand or arm. 
If that is the only angle that VAR had, what was the point of VAR ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I've looked a few times, all it can be with that movement is ball hitting hand or arm. 
If that is the only angle that VAR had, what was the point of VAR ? 

Pravda would be proud of Nottingham Forest tbh, literally zero acknowledgement anywhere from their fans etc.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Forest Red said:

Give your head a wobble mate - winning a cup tie in a competition we were never going to win or staying in the Prem worth 10’s millions?

Well, it mattered enough for you to come on to our forum. 

Enjoy the points deduction. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Just watched the highlights and it definitely looks like handball.  If there are more angles which show something different then we should be able to see them.  If there aren’t then why were they allowed to have VAR in the replay and not the first leg (where there were tons of different cameras).  

VAR at PL grounds only is my rough understanding for the FA Cup.

If handball then Manning should have said something post match. It isn't right that we should be robbed like that when there is VAR to check.

I didn’t see it at the ground because I was caught outside in the ticket-distribution fiasco. But it looks a clear and outrageous handball. I thought so the first time I saw it on the highlights. 

It seems to me, though, that although they had VAR in operation, there were very few cameras, which seems ridiculous. Someone might know more about this. Were there other angles? 

Edited by firstdivision
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, maxjak said:

100%.........HE WAS OUTSTANDING

I dont think theres anyone out there thats watched Max that would say he can be outstanding, however he is too inconsistent and every defender worth their salt will tell you about their keeper is that they have to be reliable and dependable and that comes from consistency from reliability.

Max doesnt have that in his game AT THE MOMENT, hes still young, Im sure he will get there, he wont get there without competition for his place and the experience that fight for the jersey gives him.

• Confused 1

"King led the first-half comeback, helping to create the equaliser six minutes after the opening goal. Haydon Roberts pushed down the left, then turned inside and passed to Jason Knight, who dummied his way round Danilo. Knight fed the ball on to King, who was arriving down the inside-right channel 30 yards out. When Forest's five-man defence naively backed off King, the former Leicester City title winner needed no further invitation and shot.

"Turner pushed the shot on to his left upright, the ball bounced across the goal, kissed the right post and was controlled by Bell. Forest's marking was so poor, the responses so sluggish. As Bell turned, Knight made his way through the middle, helped by Cheikou Kouyate not tracking him. Bell rolled the ball in to the unmarked Knight, who placed his shot past Turner".

Edited by Mr Popodopolous