IGNORED

On the scrounge

Markman

Need a short parking stint at Bristol Airport Silver Zone - rarely need this but can never find a discount code which when you book they say "enter code" - where on earth do you get a discount code from? Is it an employer thing or a myth? 

48 minutes ago, Markman said:

Need a short parking stint at Bristol Airport Silver Zone - rarely need this but can never find a discount code which when you book they say "enter code" - where on earth do you get a discount code from? Is it an employer thing or a myth? 

They often email me codes.

This should get you 15% off: HAPPY2024

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Markman said:

Not a myth. When you book, just sign up with them for their emails, and they send you one every month or so. Last one I got was the one @elhombrecito gives above.

And it will reduce the price from ludicrous to ridiculous!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

And it will reduce the price from ludicrous to ridiculous!

Indeed. The prices for parking are criminal. I've never actually paid for parking there, but when you buy fast track security you go on the same mailing list, so they're often emailing me with the latest 'deals'.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Indeed. The prices for parking are criminal. I've never actually paid for parking there, but when you buy fast track security you go on the same mailing list, so they're often emailing me with the latest 'deals'.

£6 for 10 minutes 'drop off' now.

And £100 fine if you dare to try dropping off anywhere else on the site. And they certainly police that: twice I've had someone in front of me stop to let passengers out of the car, and both times a van with a camera has appeared from nowhere and slowed down to film it.

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And £100 fine if you dare to try dropping off anywhere else on the site. And they certainly police that: twice I've had someone in front of me stop to let passengers out of the car, and both times a van with a camera has appeared from nowhere and slowed down to film it.

I never used the free car park for pick ups/drop offs till the new rates. But now, free car park and shuttle bus every time. It comes every 15 mins and it's pretty good tbh.

Edited by The turtle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Just drop off just off the main road or just off the roundabout and walk ….bleedin highway robbers! 

or jump on an Airport flyer bus …very good and quick and saves being mugged by the airport parking police 

Edited by Slippin cider
  • Like 1

There is free parking for a couple of hours (I think..) just on the right as you go into the Silver Zone. Lots of taxi drivers use it,  there is a shelter for prayers and a public loo. It’s quite near the Flying Club place. 
You can get the shuttle bus to the airport terminal - just make sure you get the right one otherwise it’s a long walk to the free area from the Silver Zone drop off. 

No doubt when too many people start using this free option the airport will stop it….