IGNORED

Sniffer dogs at football grounds

Glasgow Red

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Nice friendly establishment was that 😇

Happy days they were.

I've still got a photo taken there of 3 generations of my family on a shelf in my office. Only 2 of us still alive FFS. 

Bloody young uns of today don't know they born.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Nice friendly establishment was that 😇

Shows how old I am. I keep repeating myself!

Edited by supercidered
repeat post
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Happy days they were.

I've still got a photo taken there of 3 generations of my family on a shelf in my office. Only 2 of us still alive FFS. 

Shows how old I am. I keep repeating myself!

I am the same when I eat cucumber. 

6 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Sniffer dogs were used at Fulham a few years ago (when Tubby Tomlin scored a late winner)

I asked the dog handler what they were looking for. He said flares. I said you're out of luck, I haven't worn them since the 70s

They missed finding any…..especially the ones that went off when we scored. 

Tomlin’s free kick was worthy of a pyro party alone 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, supercidered said:

Happy days they were.

I remember the dogs under the pool table 😬

• Admin
On 10/02/2024 at 03:38, RedLionLad said:

I used to wake up in different flat in Hartcliffe every Thursday morning 😬

One Thursday morning, I woke up in a strange bed (as you say, not unusual after a TT night) feeling a bit rough from the previous evenings soirée at the Towns Talk, the young lady in the bed next to me was awake and then a small child came into the room and asked “Is that my next Daddy”.

I’ve never got dressed and exited a house so fast, had no idea where I was and after a couple of minutes walking I realised I was in deepest Withywood and faced the morning trudge home to Southville without even a coffee to aid my way.

• Haha 7

On 10/02/2024 at 07:15, Maesknoll Red said:

One Thursday morning, I woke up in a strange bed (as you say, not unusual after a TT night) feeling a bit rough from the previous evenings soirée at the Towns Talk, the young lady in the bed next to me was awake and then a small child came into the room and asked “Is that my next Daddy”.

I’ve never got dressed and exited a house so fast, had no idea where I was and after a couple of minutes walking I realised I was in deepest Withywood and faced the morning trudge home to Southville without even a coffee to aid my way.

I call BS!

You mentioned Towns Talk and Young Lady! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

On 10/02/2024 at 07:15, Maesknoll Red said:

I remember that kid 😇

• Haha 2

On 09/02/2024 at 10:32, Robbored said:

Police dogs are specially trained. Some are sniffer dogs to locate explosives,narcotics of any kind, often seen at airports but rarely at football matches

Those at football matches are to act largely as deterrents and given the history between the two sets of fans it’s no surprise that they were there.

Same at the Vetch and NP years ago.

Yes I know, not sure why you’re trying to explain this to me?

• Haha 1

• Admin

I wonder if they have sniffer dogs at this event

Americans Zach Johnson and Billy Horschel exchanged angry words with fans as the notoriously raucous Phoenix Open was again marred by trouble.

Johnson, who captained the US at last year's Ryder Cup against Europe in Rome, said "I'm sick of it" before demanding spectators "just shut up".

Horschel was angered by someone calling out while his playing partner player Nicolo Galletti was set to hit a shot.

Canadian Nick Taylor produced a superb late surge to win after a play-off.

Taylor, 35, birdied three of his last four regular holes to tie with Charley Hoffman on 21 under after the American took the lead with a seven-under-64 at Scottsdale, Arizona.

Both birdied the first extra hole but when Hoffman missed on the second, Taylor holed an 11-foot birdie putt to win it.

Johnson wins LIV event in Las Vegas

But yet again the PGA Tour event, which features thousands of fans surrounding the par-three 16th 'stadium hole', saw unruly behaviour with fights among spectators, a woman taken to hospital after falling from a stand, and alcohol sales being temporarily halted.

One man was arrested after jumping over the ropes and diving into a greenside bunker on the 16th, where he proceeded to perform 'snow angels' in the sand.

Johnson's outburst was in a separate incident to Horschel, who shouted "buddy, when he's over a shot shut the hell up man", towards spectators who had heckled qualifier Galletti.

Former BMW PGA Championship winner Byeong Hun An said the event was "totally out of control on every hole" in a post on social media.

The incidents are the latest at an event that has increasingly become affected by rowdy behaviour, particularly on the 16th.

An almost naked spectator was arrested at last year's tournament after streaking around the green before jumping in a nearby pond.

The previous edition saw fans routinely shower the hole with drinks bottles to reward a good shot - with one player being hit - while PGA Tour players Harry Higgs and Joel Dahmen removed their shirts to the delight of baying fans.

TAKEN FROM: WM Phoenix Open: Nick Taylor wins raucous event in play-off against Charley Hoffman - BBC Sport