IGNORED

Middlesbrough Away Pubs?

• Admin
1 hour ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Does anyone any good pubs for tomorrow? I’ve just looked at Dr Browns where I went last time I went up but it’s closed down unfortunately. 

Hit the bar is just outside the train station, they let away fans in

• Like 1

Fair play to those making the trip and especially those who have to travel from Bristol.

I never really understand the appeal of going to these away games unless something riding on them, especially with the cost associated to it. Rarely do I go past the midlands 🤣

17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Fair play to those making the trip and especially those who have to travel from Bristol.

I never really understand the appeal of going to these away games unless something riding on them, especially with the cost associated to it. Rarely do I go past the midlands 🤣

You don't understand the appeal of travelling to support your team? Strange

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 2

7 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Ditto , it’s not just about the game either 

breakfast the travelling , away pubs chatting to the home fans ( hopefully 👊) the game ( usually disappointment ) the trip home with more beer then usually given the cold shoulder by the wife because your drunk and late home 

then Sunday doing everything she tells you to make up for Saturdays shenanigans 😂😂😂

what more could you want on a weekend 🤷

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

breakfast the travelling , away pubs chatting to the home fans ( hopefully 👊) the game ( usually disappointment ) the trip home with more beer then usually given the cold shoulder by the wife because your drunk and late home 

then Sunday doing everything she tells you to make up for Saturdays shenanigans 😂😂😂

I don't do loads of away trips, normally about 7 or 8 a season and enjoy every one of them, most take the form as you quoted above!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Do I count having just landed on the Norn Iron flight for tomorrow's game? 

For me,  Birthday and Christmas presents are flights to watch BCFC. This will be my 75th league grounds with BCFC. Unfortunately, it is not quite 50 if you count current grounds and not their old venue. 

To catch up with mates and watch BCFC is my buzz. It'll be my second game this season having seen the Stoke game at the Gate. I'm also flying over for the Ipswich game so that'll be my 76th ground. If we get to the promised land, then 92 is achievable. Unfortunately, most of my grounds were from the 80s onwards when we were dire but the fun going to those grounds and nearby pubs was great.

• Like 1
  • Robin 3

16 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I said these type of away games that are miles away because they aren’t as affordable and when you don’t have time so no it’s not strange at all. Probably explains why we get hundred instead of thousands going ?

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I don't do loads of away trips, normally about 7 or 8 a season and enjoy every one of them, most take the form as you quoted above!!

I’ve done 7 already and yes I’m not saying I don’t enjoy them. Obviously my post was written poorly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Do I count having just landed on the Norn Iron flight for tomorrow's game? 

For me,  Birthday and Christmas presents are flights to watch BCFC. This will be my 75th league grounds with BCFC. Unfortunately, it is not quite 50 if you count current grounds and not their old venue. 

To catch up with mates and watch BCFC is my buzz. It'll be my second game this season having seen the Stoke game at the Gate. I'm also flying over for the Ipswich game so that'll be my 76th ground. If we get to the promised land, then 92 is achievable. Unfortunately, most of my grounds were from the 80s onwards when we were dire but the fun going to those grounds and nearby pubs was great.

Nice effort boro just doesn’t appeal to me done Newcastle twice because it was mates birthdays both times we played them recent years. Cracking city but not been to boro.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Nice effort boro just doesn’t appeal to me done Newcastle twice because it was mates birthdays both times we played them recent years. Cracking city but not been to boro.

So you do see the appeal that people have for doing Middlesbrough away, a weekend in Newcastle. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, redkev said:

I know they have a bit of a reputation at Boro but every time I been there they have been pretty friendly tbh , no great beef with Boro 

bit different in the ayresome park days mind pretty scary place then 

Nasty place back in the day...we've got a bit of history with them...different days now.

45 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Nasty place back in the day...we've got a bit of history with them...different days now.

Yes I can remember being there one year think we lost 1-0 but that didn’t calm the natives , put it this way we were in our mini bus and away asap loads of the buggers , never been so happy to have the help of pc plod get away 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, redkev said:

Yep, I used to travel to most away games in the 1990s-early 2000s (before having kids got in the way) and used to absolutely love it, especially the grounds further away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

It was Boro when the OB found out about certain plans and stopped a load of coaches leaving Bristol wasn't it ?

Went to Ayresome Park in the  90s. Stopped outside a Pub on the outskirts and were told we couldn't go in, until they realised we weren't from Middlesboro , then they let us in. Imagine a pub not letting locals from M'boro in 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It was Boro when the OB found out about certain plans and stopped a load of coaches leaving Bristol wasn't it ?

Went to Ayresome Park in the  90s. Stopped outside a Pub on the outskirts and were told we couldn't go in, until they realised we weren't from Middlesboro , then they let us in. Imagine a pub not letting locals from M'boro in 🤣

Yes, not sure of the year but we were both in Div 3 ..loads of publicity in the week leading up to the game...think some coaches were stopped on route and told the game was off and turned back..it was very intimidating up there that day..probably the worst I have experienced...they don't mess about up there 😳 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Yes, not sure of the year but we were both in Div 3 ..loads of publicity in the week leading up to the game...think some coaches were stopped on route and told the game was off and turned back..it was very intimidating up there that day..probably the worst I have experienced...they don't mess about up there 😳 

Yes I can remember that 

Last time I was there (long time ago) we stayed in Hartlepool Marina and went to Boro from there and back as we didn't fancy staying in Boro.

Had a couple in a pub just around the corner from the Riverside - the Navigation I think it was, and we had the pub dog for company and he was a stinky bugger, lovely but very smelly. We had barms filled with beef, veg, and gravy, which wasn't for me - gravy and bread just doesn't work and neither does veg in bread, dirty bastards. The dog had mine.

But they were all very friendly in the pub, nice people, unlike the locals we encountered on the way to the stadium and on the way back.

We won 3-1 and I wouldn't put that scoreline beyond us tomorrow.

13 hours ago, weepywall said:

March 87,  quite a few coaches stopped, a Kingswood one got through, all because someone blabbed to that local Bristol rag

• Like 1