IGNORED

Middlesbrough away match thread

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Read your posts back and you'll see why I have thought that. 

No thanks, I remember my posts and never once called it a masterclass. Just said it was great concentration from all the players involved.

We all know why you thought that, and it has nothing to do with my posts.

2 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

No thanks, I remember my posts and never once called it a masterclass. Just said it was great concentration from all the players involved.

We all know why you thought that, and it has nothing to do with my posts.

We all know why you consider it to be a tactical masterclass by Manning and it has nothing to do with my posts...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2
11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Didn't expect that win today, always nice to get a double over a decent Championship team.

The race for the play offs is back on!

Brilliant win and nice to get a double.

I'll defer on the play offs though 👍

1 minute ago, Tony Tootle said:

Just watched the highlights. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but well played Harry Cornick. Looked like he was very influential in that first half performance.

He played really well, not sure why he was subbed at HT.

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

please ditch the back 3 for good

Agree.

Much prefer the original version that Gary Barlow wrote without a number in it.

• Haha 4

I really enjoyed that slalom run Cornick went on to tee up Bell (I think it was?). 

I think we've got to credit Manning with the line up. That's the second game in a row in which I've looked at our starting 11 and fretted about how they will perform, and both games we got skill, nous and commitment. They knew their jobs and executed.

It was clear from the sluggishness of Conway when he came on that Wells was the right selection. Equally, Mehmet wasn't able to match the standards of Cornick or Bell. 

LM has had a right job of trying to rotate the squad to keep us competitive and has nailed it.

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

I really enjoyed that slalom run Cornick went on to tee up Bell (I think it was?). 

I think we've got to credit Manning with the line up. That's the second game in a row in which I've looked at our starting 11 and fretted about how they will perform, and both games we got skill, nous and commitment. They knew their jobs and executed.

It was clear from the sluggishness of Conway when he came on that Wells was the right selection. Equally, Mehmet wasn't able to match the standards of Cornick or Bell. 

LM has had a right job of trying to rotate the squad to keep us competitive and has nailed it.

It’s funny, because I never fret about a starting line-up, least of all yesterday.  Pring back, TGH back after a week’s rest, a group of players who’d been sensibly managed through 60 mins (start or sub) on Wednesday, etc.  Plus a bench with 6/7 outfield players who could all come on without really worsening the team.

LM’s rotation is better than Nige’s.  He has had more players available to him though, so a tad easier to rotate in some respects.  But under Nige I thought he made it too hard to be left out, even though I liked the consistency of his “selection policy”.  But I’d rather he’d rotated like LM has.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s funny, because I never fret about a starting line-up, least of all yesterday.  Pring back, TGH back after a week’s rest, a group of players who’d been sensibly managed through 60 mins (start or sub) on Wednesday, etc.  Plus a bench with 6/7 outfield players who could all come on without really worsening the team.

LM’s rotation is better than Nige’s.  He has had more players available to him though, so a tad easier to rotate in some respects.  But under Nige I thought he made it too hard to be left out, even though I liked the consistency of his “selection policy”.  But I’d rather he’d rotated like LM has.

Yeah you said before kickoff that you were pretty happy with the squad and the options available. I'm evidently underestimating what Bell, Cornick and Wells can do as a trio, because I was surprised that they were so effective.

Penalty miss and one on one fluff aside, Bell has done some really good work in the past two games. 

The lads are certainly getting opportunities. I said pre-game it was a big chance for Corns and he delivered. Equally, Roberts is getting gametime. 

In theory, Sheffield Wednesday will be the unicorn game for Manning. The squad will have had a full week to rest, recover and focus on tactics, and he'll have a more balanced squad to pick from.

Twine and Sykes returning feels pretty big. Hopefully, Pring will be okay. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah you said before kickoff that you were pretty happy with the squad and the options available

My mantra is every game starts 0-0, so I rarely think - this is it we are gonna win today or the opposite. Plymouth (h) was one of those rare ones I fancied us, even before the teams were announced. 

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My mantra is every game starts 0-0, so I rarely think - this is it we are gonna win today or the opposite. Plymouth (h) was one of those rare ones I fancied us, even before the teams were announced. 

I don't fancy us on Tuesday, but I'll try your approach!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mozo said:

I don't fancy us on Tuesday, but I'll try your approach!

Give it a whirl.  Saves a lot of fingernails at 18:45 when the teams are announced. 😉😉😉

In my head, Bazuna is come charging out of his goal in the first minute and hack Wells down, get sent off, and the form guide goes out the window.  That’s how I think before games where we are the underdogs.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Give it a whirl.  Saves a lot of fingernails at 18:45 when the teams are announced. 😉😉😉

In my head, Bazuna is come charging out of his goal in the first minute and hack Wells down, get sent off, and the form guide goes out the window.  That’s how I think before games where we are the underdogs.

I love that. Manifest!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

can i get in your head Dave and edit that. 'Bazuna is come charging out of his goal to hack Wells down,trips and painfully twists his ankle but still gets sent off, misses wells who escapes uninjured'

cant risk Nakhi getting injured in the first minute can we

• Haha 1