IGNORED

Wells and Knight

Davefevs

Were fantastic in the press / block first half.  Made life so difficult for Fry and Van der Berg to play out.  Cornick gave Ayling a tough time and Bell worked ever so hard shuttle running between Hackney in midfield and Engel at LB. Allowed TGH abd Jamo to not get overrun, and both goals came from press / interceptions.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Nakhi is a smart footballer.

I’ve noticed in recent games how he completely understands his game, he knows he’s never beating his CB opponent (who usually towers over him) in the air, so he jumps to make it as difficult as he can for him, backs in.

Off the ball running & the space he creates for others is class too.

When we first signed him I thought he was a bit of a sulker, questionable body language.

I was wrong, he’s definitely a team man & I know his support in developing our young strikers (not only Tommy) has been really appreciated.

Can’t remember what games he’s been on RTV, but when he’s been on his analysis is really, really good.

• Like 1

A smart forward with the intelligence of a good striker in this league. It’s something Conway has glimmers of at times and something I believe Bell will not have at this level.

Big fan of Wells, but his age does appear to catch up at times. Definitely need a couple of strikers in this summer window.

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Can’t remember what games he’s been on RTV, but when he’s been on his analysis is really, really good.

I have no idea what Bermuda’s education system is like (my hunch, pretty good) but he’s smart, full stop.

The anti-vax stuff is mental, but let’s not go there..

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have no idea what Bermuda’s education system is like (my hunch, pretty good) but he’s smart, full stop.

The anti-vax stuff is mental, but let’s not go there..

Maybe he didn't want an experimental jab with no long term safety data injected in him. He is a professional athlete after all.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 2

27 minutes ago, bristolborn_and_red said:

Maybe he didn't want an experimental jab with no long term safety data injected in him. He is a professional athlete after all.

That's fine. Claiming the vaccine had dead fetal cells in it, amongst other horseshit he shared, is not. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, The Coach said:

A smart forward with the intelligence of a good striker in this league. It’s something Conway has glimmers of at times and something I believe Bell will not have at this level.

Big fan of Wells, but his age does appear to catch up at times. Definitely need a couple of strikers in this summer window.

In a thread about Wells and Knight you still manage to get your Sam Bell dig in…. Excellent work.

Perhaps given that Wells seems to have a reputation with working with younger players, he might help Bell improve, this is the same Bell that worked on weights during the offseason to bulk himself up as people complained he was too lightweight, so clearly there is a want to learn and that can only be a good thing. I’m not going to write him off yet, plenty of time for him to improve.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's fine. Claiming the vaccine had dead fetal cells in it amongst other horseshit he shared, is not. 

Lockdown did wierd things to everyone, probably best not to hold that against him. I’m sure in the cold light of day he would think of things differently.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

In a thread about Wells and Knight you still manage to get your Sam Bell dig in…. Excellent work.

Perhaps given that Wells seems to have a reputation with working with younger players, he might help Bell improve, this is the same Bell that worked on weights during the offseason to bulk himself up as people complained he was too lightweight, so clearly there is a want to learn and that can only be a good thing. I’m not going to write him off yet, plenty of time for him to improve.

Because I’m talking about our overall forward line.

Im glad Bell is willing to learn and doing what it takes. However, you can’t teach instinct and overall intelligence of play. 

Sam is a nice lad. But for me, he does not cut the cloth to become a top forward in the Championship. Which is what we’re trying to achieve aren’t we?

I think he’ll end up in League One and carve a good career there. May even possibly do a Wes Burns.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Coach said:

May even possibly do a Wes Burns.

And play for a Championship team that’s challenging for promotion, that Wes Burns?

SB has got the reputation of a clinical finisher in his age group, and I accept that his decision making for the one on one today was poor, but I think that there is a player in there. His decision making is the one thing he’s got to improve upon and he’ll only get that through experience and coaching.

I’m not prepared to write him off yet, as he appears keen to learn and adapt his game, so far he’s played LWB, RWB, RB and very little down the middle. I’d argue he’s more adaptable and a team player than Conway, who looks to have a major sulk on at present.

• Flames 1

Just now, bexhill reds said:

And play for a Championship team that’s challenging for promotion, that Wes Burns?

SB has got the reputation of a clinical finisher in his age group, and I accept that his decision making for the one on one today was poor, but I think that there is a player in there. His decision making is the one thing he’s got to improve upon and he’ll only get that through experience and coaching.

I’m not prepared to write him off yet, as he appears keen to learn and adapt his game, so far he’s played LWB, RWB, RB and very little down the middle. I’d argue he’s more adaptable and a team player than Conway, who looks to have a major sulk on at present.

Pretty much what I’ve stated isn’t it? I’d be surprised if Bell is with us next summer. Think a loan move in League One will do him real good. Even if just for half of the 24/25 season.

Conway is the more natural finisher, and does have potential to be a top striker in this league. But yes, his attitude at the moment is questionable and one that is not positive to see. 

• Hmmm 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Lockdown did wierd things to everyone, probably best not to hold that against him. I’m sure in the cold light of day he would think of things differently.

Perhaps he should be sent to a re-education camp to check on his thinking. Do your research mate and you might find out about the heart conditions/attacks caused by the jabs especially in young men. Not to mention the mystery increased deaths. I’m sure big pharma would like the likes of Nahki to ‘think differently’. 

• Confused 2
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 3

Just now, bexhill reds said:

Uh-oh, the vax / anti-vax rabbit has been let out of the bag…..

Shall we stick to football on this thread or go down the whole George Soros / Rothschilds / Con Trail /Flat Earth debate while we’re at it as well.

And I forgot Bill Gates and Nanoprobes, never leave out the classics

1 hour ago, Cidre Monita said:

Perhaps he should be sent to a re-education camp to check on his thinking. Do your research mate and you might find out about the heart conditions/attacks caused by the jabs especially in young men. Not to mention the mystery increased deaths. I’m sure big pharma would like the likes of Nahki to ‘think differently’. 

The **** are you on about? Get ******. Dont tell me to do “research” when you sound like the one who needs it.

Why the hell are you mentioning “re-education camp”?

Edit: just an additional follow up, who do you mean by “big pharma”? I have my own opinions on the vaccines ect, but the ones who usually spout off about “big pharma” seem to be Joe Rogan soy boys, i’m sure you’re not one of them are you? Please enlighten me with your research.

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, The Coach said:

Pretty much what I’ve stated isn’t it? I’d be surprised if Bell is with us next summer. Think a loan move in League One will do him real good. Even if just for half of the 24/25 season.

Conway is the more natural finisher, and does have potential to be a top striker in this league. But yes, his attitude at the moment is questionable and one that is not positive to see. 

So a player that's played 31 Championship games this season at the age of 21 isn't good enough for this level and needs a loan? 

Bell is actually the most natural finisher out of the two of them. I think you're just basing that on goal scoring records which is unfair as Bell is rarely played in a position where he gets many chances. 

England obviously consider him to have the potential to be better than a top championship forward. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Nakhi is a smart footballer.

I’ve noticed in recent games how he completely understands his game, he knows he’s never beating his CB opponent (who usually towers over him) in the air, so he jumps to make it as difficult as he can for him, backs in.

Off the ball running & the space he creates for others is class too.

When we first signed him I thought he was a bit of a sulker, questionable body language.

I was wrong, he’s definitely a team man & I know his support in developing our young strikers (not only Tommy) has been really appreciated.

We are a better side with Wells up top over Conway. Suits the lone role, Tommy is not a central striker. 

I like Wells. I definitely think he gives defenders a tougher game on and off the ball than Conway. A good pro for the young players to learn off. 

And Knight. Well I I knew when we signed him it was a steal and he’s only going to get better. Great composure for the goal. 

Some posts on this thread are baffling. Bell and Conway have both been playing roles for the team and I've never seen them give less than 100%. They should also both have further progress in them.  In Bells case he probably hasn't been playing in his favoured position and that has an impact on performance. Derby fans weren't overwhelmingly impressed by Jason Knight and look at the transformation he's had playing in his natural position this season. 

• Like 3

Wells offers alot more then conway that's a fact! Personally I'm not a great fan of conway there Is a good finisher in there somewhere but he doesn't offer much atall in games, weather its because he wants to leave due to  not signing a new deal or he is just struggling I don't know but he isn't doing it atall for me, and if he thinks he can just walk off into the sunset and into a prem club in the summer then he is crazy

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

In his defence bell is litter.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Jose said:

And Knight. Well I I knew when we signed him it was a steal and he’s only going to get better. Great composure for the goal. 

In recent years Josh Brownhill appears to be the (Bristol City) benchmark for a midfielder and number of goals.  Sykes has improved us in that respect, and yesterday Knight equalled JB’s best season total of 6 (18/19).  JB did have 5 by end of Jan in 19/20 when he was sold.

Even Matty James has equalled his career best season with 3!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In recent years Josh Brownhill appears to be the (Bristol City) benchmark for a midfielder and number of goals.  Sykes has improved us in that respect, and yesterday Knight equalled JB’s best season total of 6 (18/19).  JB did have 5 by end of Jan in 19/20 when he was sold.

Even Matty James has equalled his career best season with 3!

Goals from midfield is something we’ve struggled with for some time. I guess Knight being played further forward helps those numbers. To be fair I didn’t expect goals from Knight when he scored so a nice bonus. Be interesting how we line up when Twine and Sykes are back. 

• Like 2