IGNORED

Soft Southampton

Unan

The most confusing part of the evening for me was how soft, or seemingly nonchalant they were to losing, there was no anger when conceding or urge to get back in to it. They obviously have quality and are dangerous, and I understand their slow possession based tactics, but it looked like they had 0 fight in them.

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1

Surprised how knackered they were - they've had nowhere near the amount of games we've had and yet we finished stronger, they resorted to fouling (couple of rugby tackles as well).

Seen plenty better teams than them against us this season.

They didn't like it up 'em did they :clapping:

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Surprised how knackered they were - they've had nowhere near the amount of games we've had and yet we finished stronger, they resorted to fouling (couple of rugby tackles as well).

I like it when they say what small squads they've got. Same with West Ham and Forest!

• Like 1

To me they were a mirror image of their Manager tonight. It was almost like they turned up with the attitude that no matter how well we'll play they'll just win. Quite arrogant I found some of their players tonight.

Leeds a better team for me, and also have a better manager.

• Like 12

Just now, bcfc01 said:

At the moment Leeds or Leicester would rip them to shreds. Completely over-committed to coming forward while leaving huge spaces to be hit on the break. My prediction is that they will be in the Championship again next season but will need a fire sale in the off season, when the loaners leave and the parachute payments reduce. Russell Martin has form when it comes to blowing the playoffs!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

To me they were a mirror image of their Manager tonight. It was almost like they turned up with the attitude that no matter how well we'll play they'll just win. Quite arrogant I found some of their players tonight.

Leeds a better team for me, and also have a better manager.

Agreed - Leeds a far better team imo.

See, I wasn’t.

If you listened to Martin post match about how they’d react he said that things wouldn’t change, he’d do exactly the same thing for the next game. Martin (a lot like Manning) believes in process. If he continues the behaviours, then they’ll win (and they’ve got better players than most of the division so do often). Emotion is a bad thing as it detracts from the behaviours. So reacting emotionally to being behind was never going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

See, I wasn’t.

If you listened to Martin post match about how they’d react he said that things wouldn’t change, he’d do exactly the same thing for the next game. Martin (a lot like Manning) believes in process. If he continues the behaviours, then they’ll win (and they’ve got better players than most of the division so do often). Emotion is a bad thing as it detracts from the behaviours. So reacting emotionally to being behind was never going to happen.

They have been found out. They have conceded 6 in their last 2 games against “lesser” opponents. Russell Martin? “He’s not the Messiah, he’s just a very naughty boy!”

12 minutes ago, Midred said:

After the game Martin was saying that perhaps they should foul a bit more! And perhaps they should get booked a bit more.

Well another referee would have handed out 4 or 5 tonight, so how many more fouls did he want them to commit?

• Like 6