IGNORED

The Fans

Port Said Red

Really, really good last night. 

Not just the noise once we got on top, but the fact that we stayed as patient as the players when Southampton had the ball. 

There were none of the **** 'em up, get into them type chants, everyone could see how we were using our shape and press to keep them at arms length as much as possible. 

Maybe people are buying into Manning ball?

• Like 2

I was actually thinking how quiet (our end, saints were loud at times) it was in the first half and how many empty seats there were.  The turnstiles were quiet, was really easy to get to my seat which normally takes ages for a big crowd.  Whole rows empty in the south stand and Lansdown and around us in the Dolman.  Must have been way under the 24k sold.  Anyway, once we got ahead and the nerves settled the atmosphere was brilliant.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I was actually thinking how quiet (our end, saints were loud at times) it was in the first half and how many empty seats there were.  The turnstiles were quiet, was really easy to get to my seat which normally takes ages for a big crowd.  Whole rows empty in the south stand and Lansdown and around us in the Dolman.  Must have been way under the 24k sold.  Anyway, once we got ahead and the nerves settled the atmosphere was brilliant.  

To be honest sat between two sets of fans, Saints were loud at times but as with us away 3k is always going to make noise, as our corner etc is what 800-1000 always going to be difficult to match , but actually thought it was decent , one of the problems with people who only watch on tv and criticise ( not you ) it doesn’t come over as well , but certainly grew and grew, spoke to two people last night and this morning who don’t go that often said the whole atmosphere was great 

38 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

An amazing amount of empty seats, i really don't get it, it is a good point though that many stand up at the back or join section 82, also always surprises me how many just stand in the concourse for so much of the game 

38 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I thought the same, the South Stand looked really sparse again.

I'd describe the atmosphere as nervy rather than patient personally. The game was a bit slow/drab/dull for the first 10-15m as the teams figured each other out (there was definitely a bit of frustration around me), and then the game and atmosphere started to improve from there.

Once we were ahead everyone seemed to get some belief and then it was good.

I knew @Davefevs would be doing his nut at the two bounce around the ground chants at crucial moments though!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I thought the same, the South Stand looked really sparse again.

I'd describe the atmosphere as nervy rather than patient personally. The game was a bit slow/drab/dull for the first 10-15m as the teams figured each other out (there was definitely a bit of frustration around me), and then the game and atmosphere started to improve from there.

Once we were ahead everyone seemed to get some belief and then it was good.

I knew @Davefevs would be doing his nut at the two bounce around the ground chants at crucial moments though!

At 2-0 - too right

at 3-0 - appropriate.  You should’ve seen me running along Section A4 arms aloft when Cornick scored.  There’s a time and a place 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

• Admin
2 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I couldn't make last night so was demoted to being an armchair supporter, I was surprised how quiet the crowd were

But when I have seen clips on various social media you can hear our fans really loud and clear, I guess it was down to the positioning of microphones - I wonder if TV companies have picked up on the "We're all singing over here" chant

Think it’s a very good point about the fans remaining patient. 
City fans of old, would have got a bit restless( get into them!), which could have got through to the players, resulting in them loosing shape and getting picked off. 

A good performance from all concerned with the club!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

I couldn't make last night so was demoted to being an armchair supporter, I was surprised how quiet the crowd were

But when I have seen clips on various social media you can hear our fans really loud and clear, I guess it was down to the positioning of microphones - I wonder if TV companies have picked up on the "We're all singing over here" chant

I think I read somewhere years ago,that the microphones were turned down at our ‘END ‘ because of our fruity use of the English language.😂

• Like 1