IGNORED

Match day parking.

Hi, going to ny first game against qpr this weekend, and wondered where is best to park, £15 for stadium seems steep. Happy to pay around £5-8 mark. Thanks in advance.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, robinwelsh said:

Hi, going to ny first game against qpr this weekend, and wondered where is best to park, £15 for stadium seems steep. Happy to pay around £5-8 mark. Thanks in advance.

It is primarily street parking, secret is get there as early as you can and be mindful of any parking resrictions

If you want a guaranteed place, try this website Ashton Gate Stadium Parking | Guaranteed Spaces (justpark.com)

I am astonished that someone is asking over £80 to park !!

image.png

• Sad 1

Thanks all, don't like leaving car on a street. Did see portway Park and ride as travelling form wales. Is this reliable as don't wanna miss the game and stress on game day with family. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Portway P&R is the best option imo. Plenty of buses, very quick, cheap and efficient. Just be aware that the return bus stop is outside of The Robins. 

Outside the stadium or pub?

25 minutes ago, robinwelsh said:

Thanks. What time are the return pick ups as can't see anything on the website? 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/ashton-gate/getting-here/

The Portway P &R bus is the AG1. Times are on the above website .

After the game the exact times depend on the traffic, usually 2  buses waiting at the stop after the game and they will leave as soon as they are full. You then have to wait while they run down to the P & R and return.

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/ashton-gate/getting-here/

The Portway P &R bus is the AG1. Times are on the above website .

After the game the exact times depend on the traffic, usually 2  buses waiting at the stop after the game and they will leave as soon as they are full. You then have to wait while they run down to the P & R and return.

There’s more than just two buses in operation so you shouldn’t have to wait for those two buses to go all the way to the P&R and come back.

50 minutes ago, robinwelsh said:

Thanks all, don't like leaving car on a street. Did see portway Park and ride as travelling form wales. Is this reliable as don't wanna miss the game and stress on game day with family. Thanks.

Understand regarding leaving your car on a street, but I don’t think I’ve seen in 25 years plus of watching city cars being broke into.

It’s normal residential roads with a lot of people passing by, it’s not unlit industrial estates etc. 

1 minute ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Understand regarding leaving your car on a street, but I don’t think I’ve seen in 25 years plus of watching city cars being broke into.

It’s normal residential roads with a lot of people passing by, it’s not unlit industrial estates etc. 

Need to consider the clean air zone charge. 
You can find out if your car would be exempt on the council website.

If you’re coming from Wales I’d just use the Portway P&R

36 minutes ago, robinwelsh said:

Thanks all much appreciated.  Maybe street is the best option. Just don't wanna get a ticket or be clamped 

I would add a +1 to the portway park and ride option. Used it for the past 2 seasons, coming in from the M4 Eastbound, it's pretty handy - buses are very regular, start 2.5 hours before kick off and run through to 2 hours after full time (I think) and are every 15 or so mins.

35 minutes ago, robinwelsh said:

I was thinking £15 for family of 4. Or is it £1 each, prices on the link show 5 people for £15

£1 is just for the first bus, after that it's as per the website.  If there's 4 of you though the bus fares do add up (£14.95) - if you're coming from Wales though probably easier to take the family to Newport v Gillingham instead 😁

I seen dj parking on website. Is this still going £10 per car and 7min walk. Is there many spaces?? How long before kick off should I arrive. Thanks in advance.

I used park and ride and was fine. Rubbish results for first game. Got tickets now for leicester. Will the park and ride be open as Easter Friday?? And does anyone know about the dj parking as may get back to the car quicker if this is an option. Not sure what time I should be there as a 12.30 kick off? All help is much appreciated 

1 hour ago, robinwelsh said:

I used park and ride and was fine. Rubbish results for first game. Got tickets now for leicester. Will the park and ride be open as Easter Friday?? And does anyone know about the dj parking as may get back to the car quicker if this is an option. Not sure what time I should be there as a 12.30 kick off? All help is much appreciated 

I am planning on using it on Good Friday. I suspect it will be the usual timings - first service (the £1 one) is 2.5 hours prior to kick off

On 14/02/2024 at 11:44, robinwelsh said:

Why not leave M5 at Portway, drive up over Failand and park at Long Ashton Park and ride. 10 minute walk from there to the ground. Cheaper and quicker.

On 14/02/2024 at 13:12, Never to the dark side said:

Could advise using the train TWO services an hour from Cardiff to Bristol temple meads,change at BTM for service Parson Street,then the walk to Ashton Gate

If he is prepared to walk from Parson Street, then there is street parking in Ashton Vale he can use for free, with a little less walking time.

On 14/02/2024 at 13:12, Never to the dark side said:

Could advise using the train TWO services an hour from Cardiff to Bristol temple meads,change at BTM for service Parson Street,then the walk to Ashton Gate

I know you want people to use Parson St but you've either got to sprint to catch the 5.17 train or dawdle to get the 5.35.

Last weekend I used the train from Wales for the first time in ages and found it logistically easier to get the AG3 from Temple Meads straight to the ground. Glad I did as it was chucking it down afterwards.

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Quick refresher of this topic - regarding on street parking, how far in advance do you need to arrive? I'm coming down with the boy at the weekend, as luck would have it heading to Cardiff after 😬 to drop him back at uni

I would say if you park a couple of hours before kick off you should be ok, any later and you could spend a while looking for a space.