IGNORED

Roy Hodgson.

pillred

58 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am pretty sure I read very recently that Steve Parish was all in favour of keeping Roy Hodgson on as manager until the end of the season.

Clearly, if RH’s health isn’t up to returning to management, and surely his health is the all important factor here, to all parties, not least to him and his family, then a replacement should be brought in as soon as is practicably possible.

Should this turn out to be the case, then I am not sure why Steve Parish would be deserving of any criticism.

And I don’t think much can be read into how quickly they could appoint his successor. Everyone knew they weren’t renewing his contract, of course they would have already been at quite advanced stages with some candidates. 

He completely changed their fortunes last season to keep them comfortably safe, would of most likely got through this bad patch too.

They should of just let the guy retire on a high last season, you could tell he was fed and knackered from his interviews the last few weeks.

I get the old school managers like Roy still clearly love the game but at 76 why put yourself through the obvious stress and worry that comes with managing a Premier league football club in 2024.

He must have absolutely millions in the bank, just go and enjoy your retirement with your family now Roy..!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NotRoyal said:

When you love your job you’ll never work another day, so the saying goes. For managers it’s never about the money it’s the buzz the excitement and unfortunately the stress that comes with it. Get well Roy 

Same for a lot of us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Has stood down as Palace manager - better off out of it, enjoy your retirement Roy 

Agree. 
This has been awfully handled by Palace… I don’t think that even City would make such an undignified mess of getting rid of a manager… or would we/have we? 

• Like 1