IGNORED

Play Offs…

glynriley

4 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

We are in a classic battle for mid table mediocrity !

TBH surely one of the top 3 will win the play offs ?

Thank god,now the weird lads who that we were getting promoted or in a relegation fight can pipe down,Manning has the rest of the season and pre next season to get what he wants,then we can properly judge 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Thank god,now the weird lads who that we were getting promoted or in a relegation fight can pipe down,Manning has the rest of the season and pre next season to get what he wants,then we can properly judge 

Top end of mid table....

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

IMG_2031.jpeg.5d36f3bcf2ee8f6f2c5716e2cc1ed4fd.jpeg

There’s only 3 people in the country who thought we ever had a playoff shout this season :

Jon Lansdown, Brian Tinnion and our resident bird vermin from super-mare. 

• Haha 1

For me now it’s top 10. If we can get 10th then I’ll see that as decent progress, however it needs to be bettered next season. The club (Jon and tins) have made a rod for their own backs with how they’ve handled things, if manning fails to get us in the mix next season, and by that I mean consistently in and around the play offs and not a bit of form at the end of the season to sneak in there, then it’s not him who needs to take a step down but the ones who made the decision. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

6 points off. It’s not totally dead. Today hurt it for sure but it’s not totally impossible.

I wouldn't back us to go up to Sheffield Wednesday next week and get a draw let alone get to the play offs. Nine points in our last nine games after 14 in the first nine he was in charge of..........with more players available and a transfer window. Any repetition of that absolute dross today and I for one will be starting to ask some questions. The honeymoon period is over for me.......he's got plenty of time "on the grass" in the next few weeks and it's about time he delivers obvious improvement against the type of teams who struggle against everyone else but find it so simple to rock up at the Gate and leave with an easy three points.

1-0 down at half time and we didn't even lay a glove on them second half. No personality, no guile, no ability, no heart, no fight, no leadership, **** all of what you want to see in that situation......except the Goalkeeper. It was rotten to the core. No excuses for that whatsoever. I'm not having that if Pep was managing us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

I wouldn't back us to go up to Sheffield Wednesday next week and get a draw let alone get to the play offs. Nine points in our last nine games after 14 in the first nine he was in charge of..........with more players available and a transfer window. Any repetition of that absolute dross today and I for one will be starting to ask some questions. The honeymoon period is over for me.......he's got plenty of time "on the grass" in the next few weeks and it's about time he delivers obvious improvement against the type of teams who struggle against everyone else but find it so simple to rock up at the Gate and leave with an easy three points.

1-0 down at half time and we didn't even lay a glove on them second half. No personality, no guile, no ability, no heart, no fight, no leadership, **** all of what you want to see in that situation......except the Goalkeeper. It was rotten to the core. No excuses for that whatsoever. I'm not having that if Pep was managing us.

I don't disagree at all.

But he needs better players for his style to succeed at this level.  Certainly in attacking areas, if not all over quite frankly. Imo. Which means the summer.

My worry is that our current recruitment policy - mostly low cost young players - won't provide him with the quality his possession style requires. We certainly need a damn sight more than a no.9 and a no.10 in the summer.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

The bloke was brought here SPECIFICALLY to get more out of a top six squad. At least according to Mr Lansdown jnr and Mr Tinnion

We now have a close to fully fit squad which we didn’t at the time (Atkinson Benerous and now Bell out but Naismith coming back) and we have today put in a disgraceful performance again. 

A step forward with a good defensive performance at Boro and a very decent display against Southampton papered over the obvious post Leeds Utd cracks and the 3 points from 18 run. 

People on here talk about Mr Mannings style and not having the players to play that way. So here’s a thought, perhaps we should play a style that suits what we have. 

The comparisons with Lee Johnson are now completely obvious. The idea of that bullshit again are giving me nightmares! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

6 points off. It’s not totally dead. Today hurt it for sure but it’s not totally impossible.

It’s mathematically possible but let’s be clear that maths is not the issue when it comes to City not making the playoffs. The evidence for that was on obvious on the pitch today!

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

******* hell Gav give it up

We have no no no clue how to even score against shit teams. Doubt we will win next week, might against Cardiff and on it goes to mitable mediocrity once again