IGNORED

Four Minutes Added Time

cidercity1987

Where did the cock in the middle get that from then? QPR spent the whole second half on the floor time wasting.

I thought post Qatar and heading into this season proper added time was going to be played?

Far from the reason we lost but clearly an absolute incompetence from the referee

• Like 18
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Where did the cock in the middle get that from then? QPR spent the whole second half on the floor time wasting.

I thought post Qatar and heading into this season proper added time was going to be played?

Far from the reason we lost but clearly an absolute incompetence from the referee

Don’t knock the officials (they were ******* awful by the way, especially the Lino in front of the dolman) or you’ll have @Portland Bill climbing all over you. Of course he’ll have only “watched” it on the radio as he’s turned his back on the club 🤦‍♂️

43 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Don’t knock the officials (they were ******* awful by the way, especially the Lino in front of the dolman) or you’ll have @Portland Bill climbing all over you. Of course he’ll have only “watched” it on the radio as he’s turned his back on the club 🤦‍♂️

3 times something happened no more than 2 yards from that lino and he looked at the referee for guidance on what to give. Absolute joke. We were shite. He was shitter.
But, we werent getting anything from that game the minute the final whistle went on Tuesday night!!! 🙄

58 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

We were abysmal today. I’d rather he blew up on 70 minutes and put us out our misery. 

3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I've never been so confident with 10 minutes to go that we weren't going to score. Could be playing till next Saturday and we still won't have scored

It was almost as if they didn’t want to. Why they wouldn’t put it into the box is beyond me

I expected 7 (same as midweek) there were 9 substitutions, masses of time wasting & at least 2 occasions when QPR players went down “injured” to stop the game.

Mind you he only played 2 minutes first half & Bell’s injury delay was more than that.

I didn’t particularly want to sit through any more than I already had, but the inconsistency in this is stark.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I expected 7 (same as midweek) there were 9 substitutions, masses of time wasting & at least 2 occasions when QPR players went down “injured” to stop the game.

Mind you he only played 2 minutes first half & Bell’s injury delay was more than that.

I didn’t particularly want to sit through any more than I already had, but the inconsistency in this is stark.

I too was surprised at just 2 mins in the first half.

6 in total across the 2 halves is pretty odd in the context of the game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

22 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

It was astonishing, wasn't it?  A time-wasters' charter. Their tactics broke up any flow or momentum, which was what it was designed to do. (We would have done the same, I'm sure.)

To those that say 'we never would have scored', that's certainly possible. But we definitely won't be able to score after the final whistle. We nearly did from that late corner, and we've all seen very late goals in games. At least apply the laws properly. 

• Like 2

I have no problem with their time wasting , we would do it (I hope) in their situation . But going by what most think are the allowances , 30 seconds for a sub and 30 seconds for a booking before you get to anything else , it should have been a minimum of 5 . 
I know we could have played all night and not scored , and that's not the Refs fault , but when chasing games this is annoying .

Another one I couldn't follow. From our corner the ball came over and before we could start a 2nd phase the Ref blew. A mate said the ball could have gone out, but the Ref did the signal for offside . Anyone have a better view ?

Just now, 1960maaan said:

I have no problem with their time wasting , we would do it (I hope) in their situation . But going by what most think are the allowances , 30 seconds for a sub and 30 seconds for a booking before you get to anything else , it should have been a minimum of 5 . 
I know we could have played all night and not scored , and that's not the Refs fault , but when chasing games this is annoying .

Another one I couldn't follow. From our corner the ball came over and before we could start a 2nd phase the Ref blew. A mate said the ball could have gone out, but the Ref did the signal for offside . Anyone have a better view ?

Offside wouldn’t have surprised me, probably quite tight at full speed when watching as a fan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Offside wouldn’t have surprised me, probably quite tight at full speed when watching as a fan.

I thought he gave it from the Corner kick , which is obviously wrong , and I couldn't see through people if there was a 2nd touch so I assumed he just got it completely wrong . 
Must admit I was clutching at straws by then.

It was an incredibly bizarre offside call. You cannot be offside from a corner, the flick on was going in and their player headed it over for another corner. One of our players was 'offside' from the flick on but the officials wouldn't seriously have disallowed the goal as there was no interference with the goalkeeper or any of their players. So why call it offside when their defender cleared?

One of the worst fouls not given i've seen for a while was the tackle on Joe Williams in the first half. I was shocked it wasn't given.

Look, we were poor and deserved nothing but the ref helped QPR's tactics with his performance