IGNORED

New-age football

PFree

I might be in the minority here but having enjoyed football in the 70’s and 80’s, I have to say this newer possession based football is just so bloody boring! I so miss players taking players on others and going in heavy, showing aggression, frustration and annoyance, like wearing the shirt actually meant something.

It might help decent sides to win games (those like Man City who have the quality to deliver it competently) and dominate games but all the sideward and backwards football just lacks any form of entertainment, ours is often like in slow motion too sadly.

I know that being a City fan probably doesn’t help as soon as we play some decent football with a degree of entertainment, we sell the players on that create it, but when I hear things like encouraging Manning / Keep-ball, it just fills me with dread. I can only see it getting worse as these so called “new thinking, younger managers and coaches” seem to be the preferred way forward.

It was interesting to hear the QPR fans cheer today when they finally went more direct, after playing similar, boring football themselves. Unlike us though and on a different point, they could at least lump it forward to some big lads that could hold the ball up, the decision makers for us haven’t employed one of those for a few seasons which perhaps explains why we don’t have a Plan B - good job we are in safe hands at the top hey 😟.

On the positive side though, after such a crap afternoon, I was forced to open a nice bottle of red, happy days.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1