IGNORED

Best City managers

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

If I were to order them then losing the play off final at Wembley when City couldn’t manage a shot on target would be number one. That’s most disappointment that I’ve ever felt at a football match.

The Brighton play-off was twice as disappointing

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was there mate. One of the most uninspiring games that I’ve seen.

I am in no way your mate.

I was also there, unfortunately attending the game doesn't actually make anyone able to prove actual stats wrong.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Flames 4

3 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I am no way your mate.

I was also there, unfortunately attending the game doesn't actually make anyone able to prove actual stats wrong.

We’ve never met BR - btw ‘mate’ was just an amiable expression.

5 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Sounds like he should be but who alive knows how good Thickett really was? Absolutely mental I know, but his last game in charge was temporarily stopped when a plane flew over.

That was Tony Pulis checking the aerial route to goal. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

From the ones on there I actually watched ;

Alan Dicks got us to Div 1 , Semi final of the League Cup and won the Anglo Scottish . Most successful manager in our recent history.  I think THAT Leeds game may have saved his job as we were having a poor year after some building. 

Joe Jordan got us to another Semi Final and I'm convinced we would have got to the playoffs at least if he hadn't left. 

Danny Wilson decent, but could have been so much better . That Brighton Playoff ???

Terry Cooper has Godlike status in my eyes. For all he did to save and resurrect the Club on a shoestring , the style of football and even just giving us that game at Eastville , real Legend and my personal favourite .

AD, JJ, TC: you’ve put it brilliantly. Word for word exactly how I feel.

Not so sure about DW: and it wasn’t just the that Brighton game, there were others when we got it just as badly wrong.

If I had to go for a fourth it might well be LJ - which I know won’t be popular on here! Established us as a respected second tier side for the first time since AD.

But, yes: AD, the elder statesman. JJ, just inspiring. And TC - like you, I just love the man for everything he did for the club. My favourite too. 

• Like 1