IGNORED

Alfie Jones

Posts like this are ridiculous.

Our player of the season (for me) is Rob Dickie, who plays in the same position as Jones.

Zak Vyner has also had another decent season, this is the most consistent, defensively solid (we’ve let in 37 in 33 games, by far outperforming our league position in this metric), central defensive pair we’ve had in quite some while.

The original poster is clearly trying to say that we missed out on him, when the reality is he joined Southampton (a Prem club) as a kid & our first choices who play there are arguably his equal.

If someone in our division had a Bobby Reid type who was on 14 goals at our level & as a local lad he’d slipped through our net, for a side clearly struggling to score goals then I would totally understand the point.

No one does though.

• Like 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

What’s this all about?

Can only assume someone has finally realised someone playing for another club was once living in the area

God help us if people start looking into where all prem players grew up or lived once

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can only assume someone has finally realised someone playing for another club was once living in the area

God help us if people start looking into where all prem players grew up or lived once

Hi Mark,

I may be wrong, but I suspect @Silvio Dante was referring to an old Cilla Black song from a certain film starring Michael Caine.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Phants.

You have no idea how disappointed I am at you for missing the gag.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Dunno why youre getting dug out mate. I didnt know that about him and its not like the Bristol area produces many champ quality players.

Ah that’s okay Natch. My post was a little random with not much detail. Been battling with severe depression for the past 6 months so I’m a bit flakey at times. I should know better and stay logged out of this place. I deserved the flack 😀

Alfie is a great lad that grew up in long Ashton and it’s nice to see a local lad excelling in professional football.

Have a good week all ❤️ 

• Like 9
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Ah that’s okay Natch. My post was a little random with not much detail. Been battling with severe depression for the past 6 months so I’m a bit flakey at times. I should know better and stay logged out of this place. I deserved the flack 😀

Alfie is a great lad that grew up in long Ashton and it’s nice to see a local lad excelling in professional football.

Have a good week all ❤️ 

Fair play to you lad. I would like to think I speak for all of us when I say that we are more concerned about your well being, that of a fellow red, than missing out on Alfie Jones. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 3

3 hours ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Have a good week all ❤️ 

What you deserve mate is all the very best.

Hope to see you posting again soon 👍

• Like 3

I know Alfie's godfather and he's as blue as they come (think he came through Rovers youth) so I wouldn't take too much notice of him saying he'd like to finish above us.

Decent player, saw him many times play for the Saints youth teams and personally would love to see him here but not sure it will happen. 

ETA - @Bobby Bollax , hope you find some peace, it's a horrible thing to go through. 

Edited by Hamdon Mart